The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Steroids
 
Fertility on Cycle Question
1
 

lens_d
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Saskatchewan, CAN
Posts: 246

I am looking for some advice to make a decision on whether I should quit my cycle or keep going.

My wife and I decided to have another last kid around Christmas time this year. It took about 5 months of actual trying to get her prego. Last week I started a test/tren cycle and she ended up having a miscarriage this weekend. My gut tells me I should bail on this cycle and wait to get her prego again. Iā??m only 2 shots in so far.
What I would like to know is if I use HCG or clomid to keep the boys working normally would that work and I could continue this cycle with a good chance of keeping my sperm count up. Or is that a bad idea?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

Tricky to say, since some guys are fertile even on heavy cycles, whilst others are definitely not.

Only way to tell: get your ejaculate tested for viability.

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TRTblastcruise
Level

Join date: May 2011
Location:
Posts: 545

bushidobadboy wrote:
Tricky to say, since some guys are fertile even on heavy cycles, whilst others are definitely not.


And there is no correlation with the use of HCG or not?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

TRTblastcruise wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Tricky to say, since some guys are fertile even on heavy cycles, whilst others are definitely not.


And there is no correlation with the use of HCG or not?


Most of the guys I know in the flesh were far too unaware of HCG use on cycle for that to be a contributory factor IMO, but good question.

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TRTblastcruise
Level

Join date: May 2011
Location:
Posts: 545

I've been talking with an my HRT doc that swears using HCG during any extended period of testosterone replacement will allow for fertility to be completely unaffected from one who does not require testosterone replacement. I forgot to ask him last conversation if this belief was dependent on what was the cause of replacement therapy to begin in the first place, poor signal/secondary or poor producers/primary, but imagine it would only be helpful for those with secondary hypogonadism.

I had a poor signal (secondary) and tried several HCG "regimens" to restart the system. I had excellent results while using HCG alone, but no lasting effect once discontinuing HCG. After several attempts and several other non-doctor, self prescribed attempts, I chose to commence testosterone replacement with concurrent HCG use on the belief that fertility could be kept up as long as I'm artificially providing the signal (through the use of HCG) to the testes to maintain production (despite the use of exogenous testosterone).

Is there fault in this thinking? (I know this is rather simplified in its presentation)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

It is FSH, not LH that causes production of sperm. HCG only contains LH.

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MassiveGuns
Level

Join date: Jun 2010
Location:
Posts: 1552

TRTblastcruise wrote:
I've been talking with an my HRT doc that swears using HCG during any extended period of testosterone replacement will allow for fertility to be completely unaffected from one who does not require testosterone replacement. I forgot to ask him last conversation if this belief was dependent on what was the cause of replacement therapy to begin in the first place, poor signal/secondary or poor producers/primary, but imagine it would only be helpful for those with secondary hypogonadism.

I had a poor signal (secondary) and tried several HCG "regimens" to restart the system. I had excellent results while using HCG alone, but no lasting effect once discontinuing HCG. After several attempts and several other non-doctor, self prescribed attempts, I chose to commence testosterone replacement with concurrent HCG use on the belief that fertility could be kept up as long as I'm artificially providing the signal (through the use of HCG) to the testes to maintain production (despite the use of exogenous testosterone).

Is there fault in this thinking? (I know this is rather simplified in its presentation)



For fertility in someone completely supressed, you need FSH and LH, so pergonal is the only choice. I'm pretty sure that if you want kids at any time, just smash some pergonal and you should be good to go. I've also been told by someone who's tried it for PCT, that the loads he gave his girlfriend while using it were spectacular.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TRTblastcruise
Level

Join date: May 2011
Location:
Posts: 545

bushidobadboy wrote:
It is FSH, not LH that causes production of sperm. HCG only contains LH.

BBB


So why is HCG used in male fertility treatments?

EDIT: Nevermind.

What about the use of Clomid?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TRTblastcruise
Level

Join date: May 2011
Location:
Posts: 545

MassiveGuns wrote:

For fertility in someone completely supressed, you need FSH and LH, so pergonal is the only choice. I'm pretty sure that if you want kids at any time, just smash some pergonal and you should be good to go. I've also been told by someone who's tried it for PCT, that the loads he gave his girlfriend while using it were spectacular.


Great, thanks for this information.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lens_d
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Saskatchewan, CAN
Posts: 246

Thanks for all the information. I'm going to go the safe route and bail out on the cycle for now. I hate to hurt the chances of having the last kid I'm going to father. Hopefully I can knock my wife up again right away and get back at it. I should look at getting some pergonal just to help things out lol.

I'm going to go the route of IGF-1 des for the next 50 days and see how that goes. I was going to save it for PCT but I can always get more if I like it.

Anyone know of anything else that that will not mess with sperm production besides GH and peptides Just out of curiosity sake?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

lens_d wrote:
Anyone know of anything else that that will not mess with sperm production besides GH and peptides Just out of curiosity sake?


Creatine.

;)

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lens_d
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Saskatchewan, CAN
Posts: 246

bushidobadboy wrote:
lens_d wrote:
Anyone know of anything else that that will not mess with sperm production besides GH and peptides Just out of curiosity sake?


Creatine.

;)

BBB


Ha Ha ya that's kind of what I thought lol.

Time to focus even harder on nutrition and supplementation. whith those in check I'm sure I will still make gains

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

MassiveGuns wrote:
TRTblastcruise wrote:
I've been talking with an my HRT doc that swears using HCG during any extended period of testosterone replacement will allow for fertility to be completely unaffected from one who does not require testosterone replacement. I forgot to ask him last conversation if this belief was dependent on what was the cause of replacement therapy to begin in the first place, poor signal/secondary or poor producers/primary, but imagine it would only be helpful for those with secondary hypogonadism.

I had a poor signal (secondary) and tried several HCG "regimens" to restart the system. I had excellent results while using HCG alone, but no lasting effect once discontinuing HCG. After several attempts and several other non-doctor, self prescribed attempts, I chose to commence testosterone replacement with concurrent HCG use on the belief that fertility could be kept up as long as I'm artificially providing the signal (through the use of HCG) to the testes to maintain production (despite the use of exogenous testosterone).

Is there fault in this thinking? (I know this is rather simplified in its presentation)



For fertility in someone completely supressed, you need FSH and LH, so pergonal is the only choice. I'm pretty sure that if you want kids at any time, just smash some pergonal and you should be good to go. I've also been told by someone who's tried it for PCT, that the loads he gave his girlfriend while using it were spectacular.


According to my super source (wikipedia, lol), HMG is classed as a menotropin and that class of drugs includes the following:

Menotropin medications include Menopur, Menogon, Repronex, Pergonal and HMG Massone.

So if you find any of these, you should be good to go and if you could let me know where you found it, I would be nost appreciative as the woman wants to get pregnant after my show ;)

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TRTblastcruise
Level

Join date: May 2011
Location:
Posts: 545

bushidobadboy wrote:


According to my super source (wikipedia, lol), HMG is classed as a menotropin and that class of drugs includes the following:

Menotropin medications include Menopur, Menogon, Repronex, Pergonal and HMG Massone.

So if you find any of these, you should be good to go and if you could let me know where you found it, I would be nost appreciative as the woman wants to get pregnant after my show ;)

BBB


Steve on the corner, the doctor, an HRT clinic, or a fertility clinic/doctor, in worst to best options.

Talking more with the HRT doc today, he says that he's used clomid and hcg in conjunction and had excellent results in his shutdown patients conceiving. He even went as far as to say he's helped men in the midst of heavy cycles conceive with a simple hcg/clomid protocol. He has used Pergonal with hcg before as well with equally as good results in his patients. As to the validity of his statement, I will never know until I try myself I suppose.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Pilosox
Level

Join date: Aug 2009
Location:
Posts: 89

Just to know, any success on your treatment?


BBB, whats the diference between using FSH or Menotropin + FSH ?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

INTERNETWARLORD
Level

Join date: Apr 2008
Location:
Posts: 95

[/quote]
Time to focus even harder on nutrition and supplementation. whith those in check I'm sure I will still make gains [/quote]

No. You will lose strength no matter what you do. Be mentally prepared for it. Honestly the best thing is to step the focus away from the gym and focus on other things in your life. Try to advance your career, pick up some new hobbies, whatever it takes to get your mind off the fact that you are losing size and strength. If you have been on for a while be prepared for recovery to take 6-12 months. I don't know whether simply having exogenous LH and FSH (via HMG) will make you fertile enough to get her pregnant or whether your body needs to be endogenously producing test. As for keeping gains probably the best thing to use is growth hormone. Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lens_d
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Saskatchewan, CAN
Posts: 246

wow this is an old thread that got drug up, FYI 3 kids is enough for us we decided lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.


I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment...

TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:

Please don't jump onto anti-depressants just because you plan on running a few weeks of clomid. This is a terrible 'solution' as anti-depressants carry a whole host of problems, including anorgasmia - a failure to achieve orgasm. Kind of counterproductive, if one is trying to conceive, lol.

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

INTERNETWARLORD
Level

Join date: Apr 2008
Location:
Posts: 95

bushidobadboy wrote:
INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.


I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment...

TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:

Please don't jump onto anti-depressants just because you plan on running a few weeks of clomid. This is a terrible 'solution' as anti-depressants carry a whole host of problems, including anorgasmia - a failure to achieve orgasm. Kind of counterproductive, if one is trying to conceive, lol.

BBB


Not very common side and you will probably be sterile while you are just getting off the cycle anyways

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.


I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment...

TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:

Please don't jump onto anti-depressants just because you plan on running a few weeks of clomid. This is a terrible 'solution' as anti-depressants carry a whole host of problems, including anorgasmia - a failure to achieve orgasm. Kind of counterproductive, if one is trying to conceive, lol.

BBB


Not very common side and you will probably be sterile while you are just getting off the cycle anyways

So I take it from this post that you still think it's a good idea to use anti-depressants when running clomid?

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

INTERNETWARLORD
Level

Join date: Apr 2008
Location:
Posts: 95

bushidobadboy wrote:
INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.


I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment...

TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:

Please don't jump onto anti-depressants just because you plan on running a few weeks of clomid. This is a terrible 'solution' as anti-depressants carry a whole host of problems, including anorgasmia - a failure to achieve orgasm. Kind of counterproductive, if one is trying to conceive, lol.

BBB


Not very common side and you will probably be sterile while you are just getting off the cycle anyways

So I take it from this post that you still think it's a good idea to use anti-depressants when running clomid?

BBB


All I know is that if I don't take an anti depressant on clomid I would probably end up jumping off a bridge, that is how bad that shit makes me feel. I used clomid once than never touched it ever again.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bushidobadboy
Level 3

Join date: Nov 2004
Location: Wales
Posts: 15565

INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.


I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment...

TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:

Please don't jump onto anti-depressants just because you plan on running a few weeks of clomid. This is a terrible 'solution' as anti-depressants carry a whole host of problems, including anorgasmia - a failure to achieve orgasm. Kind of counterproductive, if one is trying to conceive, lol.

BBB


Not very common side and you will probably be sterile while you are just getting off the cycle anyways

So I take it from this post that you still think it's a good idea to use anti-depressants when running clomid?

BBB


All I know is that if I don't take an anti depressant on clomid I would probably end up jumping off a bridge, that is how bad that shit makes me feel. I used clomid once than never touched it ever again.

Well OK, I mean I get hyper-emotional on clomid too, but I still wouldn't want to use an SSRI/anti-depressant, for a couple of reasons:

1. SSRIs work through the serotonin pathway, on the assumption that you have low serotonin, which is affecting you mentally. However clomid (a SERM) directly stimulated estrogen receptors in the brain, therfore doesn't have that serotonin link. In fact, if your serotonin levels are OK, then taking an SSRI could feasibly put you into a serotonin crisis, which can be fatal.

2. SSRIs/anti-depressants, will load up the CYP450 enzyme pathway in the liver, leading to inefficient estrogen metabolism. The elevated E2 will further hinder recovery from your AAS cycle.

BBB

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

juice20jd
Level

Join date: Dec 2003
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 1003

From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, conceiving while even on a heavy cycle IS possible. Clomid and HCG did it for me and my ex wife. And yes, my daughter is mine. I think it`s also important that folks don`t believe that while on cycle or just coming into PCT that they are `probably infertile``....not a safe assumption to be making. You need to consider duration, dosages, ancillaries, HCG, individuality.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Pilosox
Level

Join date: Aug 2009
Location:
Posts: 89

PLEASE, can anybody explain whats the diference between using FSH or Menotropin FSH ? (BBB??)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1