The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Steroids
 
Anavar Only Cycle
1 2 Next Last
 

talbotko
Level

Join date: Sep 2007
Posts: 102

This would be first cycle, so I kind of want to feel things out.
I was planning on doing it for 4 weeks, but I have yet to determine the dosage. I have read to take anywhere from 40-100mg per day so I am kind of confused.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Contrl
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1612

Don't.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Thomas Gabriel
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1268

4 weeks won't be long enough. For your first cycle 50mg for 6 weeks will give you good results provided your training/diet would have you adding muscle without it.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Contrl
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1612

I should have elaborated, as you probably won't understand:

Do not do Anavar for your first cycle.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cadav
Level

Join date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1945

As Contrl say: VAR is not the right choice for the first cycle.

IMVHO avoi "oral-only" as first cycle.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Electric_E
Level

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2533

only the first cycle?

Should oral only cycles not be avoided by anyone including vets?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cadav
Level

Join date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1945

electric_eales:
Not always. For example as a "bridge cycle" i found that a short VAR+TBOL cycle give me nice (and permanent) strenght gain. It also help me working on my strength when in low cal nutrition plan.

BTW as a general rules if you want LBM increase and want the best for your money you [B]need[/B] to use IM AAS.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

2thepain
Level 3

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1544

Many people start off using an all oral cycle, this by NO means makes it a good idea. Wait until you are ready to use an injectable and then try it out. If you want to be cautious then use a small dose of test.

Bottom line is 4 weeks of anavar will do very little in terms of gains compared to a small test cycle.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Diana Bolann
Level

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 586

I really don't know why people are so against oral only cycles. I haven't done many oral only, but the one time I did an anavar only cycle it was awesome. I felt great, got strong as hell and I wasn't shut down at all. I would use nothing but anavar if I could afford it. The only reason I run injectables is because they are so damn cheap. Injectables give WAY more bang for the buck.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Thomas Gabriel
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1268

Anavar only cycles are great for beginners. I've always thought, why bring out the big guns like test before you start with the light stuff like var, primo & tbol. I put 8 pounds on in 6 weeks on a var only cycle while getting leaner.

But ya, if you are looking for the most gains possible for the lowest price, then obviously var isn't the right choice.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

buffd_samurai
Level 100

Join date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1182

*sigh*
This discussion again.
In my opinion, just do it. See what it does for you. No one can tell you what works for you; only you will know. NO ONE will respond exactly the same to ANY of these compounds.

Personally though, I think you will find that the others who have answered are speaking the truth; i.e. oral only cycles don't seem to work very well for most people (but they have worked VERY well for me). IF you try this (and I highly encourage it) and find that it works to your desires, then fabulous. IF you are unhappy with the results, then you know you need to add something more to your arsenal.

Many like to just jump full bore into steroids. I preach a more gradual and patient methodology; and one of more self evaluation.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Pretzel Logic
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2003
Posts: 971

It depends on what you expect. I don't see why doing 50mg of var for 4 weeks to try it out would hurt. You should see gains also, regardless of what you read. Of course if you want to maxamize the newbie gains from you first cycle, then it is a bad idea and you should do medium test+eq or deca and maybe dbol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cadav
Level

Join date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1945

Diana Bolann wrote:
I really don't know why people are so against oral only cycles. I haven't done many oral only, but the one time I did an anavar only cycle it was awesome. I felt great, got strong as hell and I wasn't shut down at all. I would use nothing but anavar if I could afford it. The only reason I run injectables is because they are so damn cheap. Injectables give WAY more bang for the buck.


I'm not an expert
However i do a VAR/TBOL cycle and it was not as powerfull as any other IM cycle i do.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Contrl
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1612

Thomas Gabriel wrote:
Anavar only cycles are great for beginners. I've always thought, why bring out the big guns like test before you start with the light stuff like var, primo & tbol. I put 8 pounds on in 6 weeks on a var only cycle while getting leaner.

But ya, if you are looking for the most gains possible for the lowest price, then obviously var isn't the right choice.



Anaver only cycles, or any oral only cycles, are a horrible idea altogether; especially for beginners. One's receptors are as fresh as they'll ever be for their first cycles, and one should take advantage of that by using substances that will ensure a higher percentage of retained gaines, namely testosterone (a kick-start oral is okay, however). To go with something as flemsy and slow as Anavar is a horrible idea, I don't care how many success testimonies there are.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Electric_E
Level

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2533

I am suprised the Bushmiester has not posted yet, he is probably up some Welsh mountain top hunting his Sunday roast.

Any way I am not 100% clued up on the different classes of AAS but as I understand it there are Class 1 AAS and class 2 AAS, orals (all orals??) are class 2 and if taken wwithout a class 1 (all IM??) the gains made will be very difficult to keep.

If i did not have a a wife with a real fne ass in the next room I would research this and give you some good information, but you will need to look into this yourself cos I am about to get me some tasty Greek kebab.

Yesus

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

2thepain
Level 3

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1544

electric_eales wrote:
I am suprised the Bushmiester has not posted yet, he is probably up some Welsh mountain top hunting his Sunday roast.

Any way I am not 100% clued up on the different classes of AAS but as I understand it there are Class 1 AAS and class 2 AAS, orals (all orals??) are class 2 and if taken wwithout a class 1 (all IM??) the gains made will be very difficult to keep.

If i did not have a a wife with a real fne ass in the next room I would research this and give you some good information, but you will need to look into this yourself cos I am about to get me some tasty Greek kebab.

Yesus


Not all orals are class II. I think that anavar is a class I. I am unsure about winstrol and primo tabs but these may be class I as well.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

graphicsMan
Level 5

Join date: May 2003
Posts: 806

Just to chime in: A short while back I tried my first (short) cycle with Var only at 60 mg / day. I was using it to cut on a low-calorie, high protein diet. I didn't really even notice I was on cycle while I was taking the Var, but I maintained weight even at only 1800 calories, and lost a couple percent bodyfat at the same time. I noticed a small shutdown of natural Test while on, but nothing major. Just a bit of lack of libido.

It was AFTER I stopped taking the Var that I noticed a big difference. My diet and training stayed the same, but I was much weaker (10-20%) in the gym, and began losing weight.

While it was an interesting experiment, I will say that several years down the road when I try my next cycle, there will be some Test.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Malchir
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 76

var is great for lean gains, a huge increase in bw-relative strength, collagen healing purposes and fat loss(especially in the viscera).

IMHO by far the best oral out there any maybe even steroid for non-mass purposes.

An var only cycle is a great cycle for newbies with no true bb-aspirations, like strenght/power athletes, fighters, fitness models.

Biggest problem is the price and the amount of fake stuff. Even in powderform this stuff is mostly a cheaper anabolic or at least mixed up with some.

Pure anavar is extremely hard to get. I'm pretty sure many of the supposed "not so great results var-cycles" were in fact winstrol cycles. If people report any kind of joint pain on var it's not var at all.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Electric_E
Level

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2533

damn now i am confused, my research and AAS education has led me to believe that ALL oral only cycles are bad ideas, mainly due to them not keeping gains well post cycle.

I have to be honest Anavar is not something I have looked into much, but now I am intrigued, I am considering a VAR only cycle in between IM cycles to assist with cutting, I like what I have read so far about Anavar.

I sympathise with those who state it is expensive and diffilcult to get as that is not the case from where I am.

so would a 4 week cycle of Anavar at say 80mg a day require no anti E or PCT?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Dezz
Level 4

Join date: Oct 2004
Posts: 405

i respond very well to even mild dosages of oral steroids. discovered that moderate dosage oral cycles for relatively long(and controversial) periods (8-12 weeks),is excellent for building quality lean mass. downside obviously is the extreme and prolonged stress on the liver, severity based upon the steroid involved.

cycles consisting of var or tbol for 8-12 weeks at the 40-60mg range slowly builds solid muscle mass that i have had no trouble keeping. bloat and common androgenic sides have never been an issue, hence never needing anti-e during.

keep in mind I get blood tests before/mid cycle/and well after pct. also liver supplementation and a lifestyle which involves avoiding other toxins paired with a healthy diet is utilized.

my time off is also considerably longer than time on. pct is always in check as well as anti e's on hand in case of unexpected occurrences. I have accepted the risks involved, do what i can to avoid them, and am willing to face the potential consequences. this is important when embarking on oral only cycles.

dezz

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

buffd_samurai
Level 100

Join date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1182

Dezz wrote:
i respond very well to even mild dosages of oral steroids. discovered that moderate dosage oral cycles for relatively long(and controversial) periods (8-12 weeks),is excellent for building quality lean mass. downside obviously is the extreme and prolonged stress on the liver, severity based upon the steroid involved.

cycles consisting of var or tbol for 8-12 weeks at the 40-60mg range slowly builds solid muscle mass that i have had no trouble keeping. bloat and common androgenic sides have never been an issue, hence never needing anti-e during.

keep in mind I get blood tests before/mid cycle/and well after pct. also liver supplementation and a lifestyle which involves avoiding other toxins paired with a healthy diet is utilized.

my time off is also considerably longer than time on. pct is always in check as well as anti e's on hand in case of unexpected occurrences. I have accepted the risks involved, do what i can to avoid them, and am willing to face the potential consequences. this is important when embarking on oral only cycles.

dezz



Holy Moly Batman! Someone else who seems to react to these substances like me! And his thinking mirrors mine as well!

Nice post Dezz. And what I like the best: you are getting bloodwork done to really evaluate what the hell the substance is doing to you.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

buffd_samurai
Level 100

Join date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1182

Contrl wrote:
Anaver only cycles, or any oral only cycles, are a horrible idea altogether; especially for beginners. One's receptors are as fresh as they'll ever be for their first cycles, and one should take advantage of that by using substances that will ensure a higher percentage of retained gaines, namely testosterone (a kick-start oral is okay, however). To go with something as flemsy and slow as Anavar is a horrible idea, I don't care how many success testimonies there are.


No disrespect, but I differ in my opinion here.

As others have noted in their posts on this subject, the effectiveness of whatever cycle is chosen is dependent on the goal. I think (I hope) most folks even thinking of dabbling in steroids realize that gains generated by usage of Anavar will NOT measure up to gains generated by other substances like Test. If you want to get as massive as possible, you will have to use much larger doses and substances like Test. If you just want to cut up a little, gain a bit more tone or slightly augment what you've built so far, Anavar is fine.

I don't subscribe to the "fresh receptors" when you 1st start out theory. I think it is a very very smart idea to begin small and gradually increase your intake as you see how the substance works for you. Therefore, I believe it is quite a good thing to begin with orals like Oxandrolone or D-bol as your 1st cycle.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

brunoG
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 236

I second buffd_samurai and dezz. You have to try things and see how you react to them.
I did two on two off X3 this summer with Cy_s needle phobic cycle (50 Vin + 50 Var) No suppression as far as I can tell at all. Did nolva after first two weaker for four days but did not after the other two and felt no difference.

If anything I felt my libido was up. I dropped about 15lbs of fat and gained a bit more muscle. I followed modified velocity diet for four weeks (3 shakes plus three salad and meat meals) then relaxed it a bit but still ate clean. Got pretty shredded, six-pack etc_

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BSC819
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2007
Posts: 402

electric_eales wrote:
damn now i am confused, my research and AAS education has led me to believe that ALL oral only cycles are bad ideas, mainly due to them not keeping gains well post cycle.

I have to be honest Anavar is not something I have looked into much, but now I am intrigued, I am considering a VAR only cycle in between IM cycles to assist with cutting, I like what I have read so far about Anavar.

I sympathise with those who state it is expensive and diffilcult to get as that is not the case from where I am.

so would a 4 week cycle of Anavar at say 80mg a day require no anti E or PCT?



I was a noobie last year and was all about oral cycles and thought that they were safer than IM AAS. I have a friend that is a Dr and he even stated that orals are far worse for your body as long as you keep a sterile field when giving the injections. I would recommend doing a moderate cycle of test and deca for you first and see what kind of gains you get.

Take all the extra money that you have left over and just buy food and protein with it. Make sure your diet is spot on. Run it for 12 weeks and dont be scared, its not that big of a deal. You should be much more pleased with the results than with a Var only cycle. By the way I did a var only cycle last year and it do much for me at all IMO. Not worth the $$ that I shelled out for a very minimal gain.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Electric_E
Level

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2533

BSC819 wrote:
electric_eales wrote:
damn now i am confused, my research and AAS education has led me to believe that ALL oral only cycles are bad ideas, mainly due to them not keeping gains well post cycle.

I have to be honest Anavar is not something I have looked into much, but now I am intrigued, I am considering a VAR only cycle in between IM cycles to assist with cutting, I like what I have read so far about Anavar.

I sympathise with those who state it is expensive and diffilcult to get as that is not the case from where I am.

so would a 4 week cycle of Anavar at say 80mg a day require no anti E or PCT?



I was a noobie last year and was all about oral cycles and thought that they were safer than IM AAS. I have a friend that is a Dr and he even stated that orals are far worse for your body as long as you keep a sterile field when giving the injections. I would recommend doing a moderate cycle of test and deca for you first and see what kind of gains you get.

Take all the extra money that you have left over and just buy food and protein with it. Make sure your diet is spot on. Run it for 12 weeks and dont be scared, its not that big of a deal. You should be much more pleased with the results than with a Var only cycle. By the way I did a var only cycle last year and it do much for me at all IMO. Not worth the $$ that I shelled out for a very minimal gain.


Thanks for the post, I have run 4 IM cycles previously though, so I wont be scared :)

Anavar is not tat expensive here, I might give it a go inbetween IM cycles just to see how I react.



  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1 2 Next Last
Topic is Locked
This thread has reached its maximum number of replies. Click HERE to start a new topic.