The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Powerlifting
 
Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!
 

jake_j_m
Level

Join date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3329

The Rattler wrote:
I'm done! Pulled 230kg(507) easy last week when testing my max. Probably could have got more but was happy with a big 20kg pr.


Nice.. 20kg PR is huge!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The Rattler
Level

Join date: Aug 2011
Posts: 595

jake_j_m wrote:
The Rattler wrote:
I'm done! Pulled 230kg(507) easy last week when testing my max. Probably could have got more but was happy with a big 20kg pr.


Nice.. 20kg PR is huge!


Thanks man. Last time I maxed was first/second time deadlifting after no weights during my school's rugby season due to injury. I hit 210kg for a very messy rep and 3 cycles of 531 has got me back on track.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ChrisH19
Level

Join date: Nov 2011
Posts: 53

I'm in - pulled 200kg/440lb for 1 and 162kg/355lb for ten.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MattyXL
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9289

485 last week

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Nubi
Level 1

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1

just hit 230kg or 506~lbs last week

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

caveman101
Level 2

Join date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3469

I'n in, pulled 220kg a couple of weeks ago - vid in log

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

americaninsweden
Level

Join date: Feb 2012
Posts: 352

440 with straps about a month ago, don't DL heavy very often, I imagine I can get it by October. Goals by then 495 DL, 350 BP, 400 squat.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

milktruck
Level 4

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 774

milktruck wrote:
WEEK 1: My first day back DLing regularly went well today. Ive been sick for like 14 of the past 20 days and just got back in the gym, and hit 425 for 1. My legs are strong and I can rip it off the floor but the lockout is gonna be the weak point moving forward. Funny I had the opposite situation back when I brought my DL up to 405.

I am not looking forward to walking tomorrow.


WEEK 2: Felt like I was more back in the swing of things after my illness, but still only got 425 for a single, but easier than last week, and failed on 445. I am worried my hands were the limiting factor because the bar I am using is pretty brutal on my skin which hasnt been deadlifting. I also did some gripper work before to "test my CNS" (ok I just leave them on my coffee table and cant help myself so my grip is usually overtrained) which is not nice to your hands either. Hopefully will toughen up quick.

To prevent this from coming up again, next week I wont try to match last weeks PR of 425, but set up the progression to skip it, like 365, 405, 435.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

matt74
Level

Join date: Dec 2008
Posts: 46

Tripled 500 today, felt real good and should have went for a fourth rep. Not bad for only 4 months back at it after 2 years off.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Field
Level

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 529

Best so far is 445x1 @ 185. Hook grip. Getting there.

I wont attempt deadlifts where im grinding the weight for like 5 minutes trying to lock it out.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

sexyxe
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 626

^^^ With hook grip. Nice. I can pull to about 170ish with hook grip for singles before I want to cut my thumbs off. I can't rep with hook grip either, really bangs my hands up.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The Rattler
Level

Join date: Aug 2011
Posts: 595

sexyxe wrote:
^^^ With hook grip. Nice. I can pull to about 170ish with hook grip for singles before I want to cut my thumbs off. I can't rep with hook grip either, really bangs my hands up.


I've never tried it but I'm fairly sure my baby hands couldn't manage it around the bar!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TisDrew
Level

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 545

Recently hit 405 so guess I'm upgrading threads lol. Hit 325x10 two days ago. Hopefully I'll reach 500 by end of year.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Ptt451
Level

Join date: Mar 2010
Posts: 46

Hit my first 495 as a birthday present last week. Wish this thread had been made about a month ago to push me further.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

milktruck
Level 4

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 774

milktruck wrote:

WEEK 1: My first day back DLing regularly went well today. Ive been sick for like 14 of the past 20 days and just got back in the gym, and hit 425 for 1. My legs are strong and I can rip it off the floor but the lockout is gonna be the weak point moving forward. Funny I had the opposite situation back when I brought my DL up to 405.

I am not looking forward to walking tomorrow.

WEEK 2: Felt like I was more back in the swing of things after my illness, but still only got 425 for a single, but easier than last week, and failed on 445. I am worried my hands were the limiting factor because the bar I am using is pretty brutal on my skin which hasnt been deadlifting. I also did some gripper work before to "test my CNS" (ok I just leave them on my coffee table and cant help myself so my grip is usually overtrained) which is not nice to your hands either. Hopefully will toughen up quick.

To prevent this from coming up again, next week I wont try to match last weeks PR of 425, but set up the progression to skip it, like 365, 405, 435.


WEEK 3: Lifted AM and gt 405x1. Felt really weak. I hate lifting AM but I live at my desk so sometimes its all Ive got. I think sleeping in another hour does me better than the shitty AM workouts Ive had. I spent the next week thinking I had AIDS and was getting weaker every day. I did some front squats for sets of 5 or so at 225, some hip thrusts with no weight, and left. I drew up the details of the next workout I wanted to do when this one stopped working, but figured Id give it more time.

WEEK 4: PM workout. I was convinced of my ebola, that I had ripped a tendon in my thumb, that the bars were too shitty at my shitty-but-awesome-for-an-apartment-gym gym, that 500lbs really was a lot of weight, and that my job had eaten my CNS. I took extra special care to ramp up slowly, even stopping at 185. Some young skinny kid I had never seen before was chilling like I do when there are squat rack curlers, so I let him work in since he was squatting and it made me take my time. 315, 365, 405 no problem, but felt a little heavier than I expected. 435, got it, had some left to my surprise. 455, SMASHED IT to tie my PR. I was so happy to be progressing on DL that I did 3x3 at 315 before it felt pointless. In my joy I didnt want to do anything else, so I dicked around for about 5 mins and left.

It felt like the Wizard of Oz. "milktruck, you had the strength to rip 455 off the floor all along! you just had to take your time, fire up your CNS, and trust the process you impatient pussy!"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PiersonRKC
Level

Join date: May 2011
Posts: 12

Chasing 495 now! Last pull was 450 conventional (BW @ 165).

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TigerTime
Level

Join date: May 2011
Posts: 1369

465 @ 170lbs. Won't be long now.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

sexyxe
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 626

Ptt451 wrote:
Hit my first 495 as a birthday present last week. Wish this thread had been made about a month ago to push me further.


What? Its been around for ages.

Pulled 200kg again on Sunday night. I've now pulled it as many times as I've failed on it 3/3. Hoping that adding some heavy singles into my 5/3/1 will help bring it up.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BigJ612
Level

Join date: Feb 2012
Posts: 57

Just pulled 525

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

xfactor3236
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2011
Posts: 246

im in(a little late maybe) hit 365x10 last week, last wave of juggernaut, hope to get to 500 by the end of my second cycle on juggernaut

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ssz28envy
Level

Join date: Mar 2011
Posts: 174

I'll join. Got 405 a couple weeks ago.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

milktruck
Level 4

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 774

I took the last month to go thru Front Squat and Back Squat PR cycles but did not DL and was delighted to see this get bumped as my training coes back around. Im on a deload week where i leg press, leg curl, prehab stuff and basically do machines that wont stress my low back for a few days, and I think by Wed~ish I will be dying to up my 455 to 495 off the floor.

Im thinking 405, 435, 465, 495 unless I feel like superman and skip steps, Im also lifing at a gym with much nicer bars compared to the mickey mouse shit i was using before, so that will be nice

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Fletch1986
Level 3

Join date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4869

xfactor3236 wrote:
im in(a little late maybe) hit 365x10 last week, last wave of juggernaut, hope to get to 500 by the end of my second cycle on juggernaut


Never too late!

I'm the one who started the damned thread and I'm still 20lb away. Hopefully in 4 weeks.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Efeguwewe
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 261

I guess you can count this as 1 or 3, dependent on the fact whether or not you count touch and go reps

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

milktruck
Level 4

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 774

Holy shit I focused on Back Squats for a week or two, then Front Squats, then had a deload. I went into the gym two days ago hoping for some deload magic and I only got 405 and missed the 455 I got a month back. I pulled 405 a second time and moved on to military press and pull ups in disgust.

So much disgust that I had a short leg press and incline bench throw away session the next day, and today I went in and did triples on the DL up to 365, another single at 405, and then 10 reps at 225. I decided I am going to try to get more reps in because my 1RM has gotten way high vs my 3,5,8,10RM and hopefully if I bring those up it will help me all around. Plus maybe the TUT on my grip will help me get the CoC#3, which is the other thorn in my side right now haha.

Tomorrow I dont think I will be able to move, but I am also going to start doing mid-shin pulls, since I can get it off the ground pretty well and then it just stops. I am starting to suspect my hamstrings have a role in this since I full squat high bar and my ass to grass squat is rapidly catching up to my DL and not carrying over as much as I think it should.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report