The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Over 35 Lifter
 
Fortified with Iron
 

cholulalula
Level

Join date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1217

Sorry to hear about all of the stuff going on. :(

Something tells me your wife is lucky to have you as a rock to lean on.

Nice training up there. How did the elbows feel after using the sleeves?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

cholulalula wrote:
Sorry to hear about all of the stuff going on. :(

Something tells me your wife is lucky to have you as a rock to lean on.

Nice training up there. How did the elbows feel after using the sleeves?


Thanks cholulalulalulalula...omg, I can't stop...lulalulalulalula :)

She's gone throgh this before. Gives 100% to the company for too long and then has nothing left. Balance is an ongoing battle.

I think the sleeves helped. Arm feels pretty good. I'll know tonight during squats since that using caused some soreness in my bicep tendon.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

frozenkilt
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 164

giterdone wrote:
Rehbands are here. Kinda pretty. Almost a shame to get them dirty.
My elbow measurement puts me right between a large and an XL. I went with the large to get some compression along with warmth. Pretty snug but should be fine for an entire training session.


You think it's bad to get them dirty NOW? Wait until you SMELL them dirty.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

Week 7, DE lower day

Box squats
215 x 10 x 2
275 x 2
315 x 2
335 x 2

Dimel deads
135 x 10
185 x 3 x 20

Chins
3 x 8

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lil power
Level

Join date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1356

Good volume on the dimels

Hope the wife is doing better

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

lil power wrote:
Good volume on the dimels

Hope the wife is doing better


Thanks. Squats felt kinda heavy but the dimels were up 20lbs over last time and no straps.

Wife's situation is a work in progress. A little better I guess.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Spock81
Level 10

Join date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3760

Aww git, this wife stuff really sucks :(


I hate LOL cats and I don't really post music videos very often, so I kinda suck at trying to cheer people up, BUT I can send positive cyber vibes. <<< >>>

They basically do nothing, but are a nice gesture. Kinda like giving someone a candle for a gift...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

Spock81 wrote:
Aww git, this wife stuff really sucks :(


I hate LOL cats and I don't really post music videos very often, so I kinda suck at trying to cheer people up, BUT I can send positive cyber vibes. <<< >>>

They basically do nothing, but are a nice gesture. Kinda like giving someone a candle for a gift...


Candle as a gift....I seriously lol'd. Thanks cutie pants.
We have a cruise in a month so that should help. But it's a loooong time between now and then.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

JoeGood
Level

Join date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8897

ddot76 wrote:
giterdone wrote:
ddot76 wrote:
Git is gettin'er dun.

RDL's at 435... after box squatting... you're an animal!!


Thanks brother. That's a compliment from a 500lb DLer!


435 x 5 is beastly man.... BEASTLY!



x2

Not much more can be said about that.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

Speed bench day

Made it through 6 speed sets and 5 sets of 2 with 205. My biceps are fucking killing me. Speed bench is defnitely out for a while.
This problem is not getting better so time to make some changes. I'll probably switch to more of a bodybuilding approach for a while. Plus, a have a cruise coming up so I might as well take the next month to get hyooge.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

atypical1
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2432

A month goes by quickly. It sounds like you guys can use a nice vacation and it's well earned.

I hate nagging pain that won't go away. And bodybuilding approach...you'll have to change the name of the log.

james

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MattyXL
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9469

jeez dude Im sorry for all the bad news going on in your life right now...Ill definitley keep you and yours in my prayers. It seems like a perfect time for a cruise...Im giving you a big bro-hug now...hang in there bud.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kimbakimba
Level 2

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5894

My best wishes to your wife. I hope things get better for her soon.

I like your focus on training no matter what else is going on.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

Upper stuff - reps and trying to let things heal

Low incline DB
40s x 15
65s x 3 x 15

Bench
155 x 3 x 8

Lying Db flyes
20s with doubled micro-mini bands (great combo)
2 x 8

Deadstop OHP from pins - chin height
65 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 2 x 3...shit my overhead has gotten weak
115 x 5

Side - front raise - overhead combo
20s x 2 x 15 each

Then probably the best lasagna I have ever had. Thanks awesome mother-in-law.

I'm going to do some upper back band stuff and then have a beer.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Spock81
Level 10

Join date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3760

YAY a training update!

Horrah!

Though the lasagna comment kinda stole the show...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

atypical1
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2432

Lasagna FTW!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

ME lower day

Stretching and kneeling jumps.

Box squats - height of 14". Appears to be exactly parallel based on bubble level (hip crease to top of knee)
bar x 2 x 3
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 2
335 x 2
355 x 1
375 x 1
405 x 1...PR +10lbs. Definitely an ME lift.

Block pulls (4" height). Last did these about 7 weeks ago.
135 x 3
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
435 x 5...PR of some sort
455 x 3...PR of some sort. Wanted 5 but I was done.

Training shed is coming along. Painted (white for now), heat/air exchanger, lights, starting to get some shit off the floor. Stereo will be set up in a day or two.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cholulalula
Level

Join date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1217

NICE SQUATTIN!!!!!

congratulations!

then those pulls to follow? yowzer.

also, nice shed, looks great!!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

cholulalula wrote:
NICE SQUATTIN!!!!!

congratulations!

then those pulls to follow? yowzer.

also, nice shed, looks great!!


Thanks little hot'n'strong
Making some progress
Except for my sorry bench
Which I do confess
Is a sorry mess
Carries a putrid stench
Word.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Spock81
Level 10

Join date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3760

YAY congratulations on the squat PR, man!!

That shed looks pretty cozy too, jealous I am...


Hope life and things are treatin' ya well.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

Spock81 wrote:
YAY congratulations on the squat PR, man!!

That shed looks pretty cozy too, jealous I am...


Hope life and things are treatin' ya well.



Thanks Spock! I look forward to repping 405 at some point.

Shed is coming along and life is pretty good.

And I was serious that your deads are now the shit. Great stuff!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kmcnyc
Level

Join date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6618

lots of news here-
sorry to hear about your fam- work life balance is a big big issue here too

shed is looking ROCKING

as are those squats
nice work.

I wont mention the pin pulls or the HUGE rdl's
nor will I mention the dimels
they are my fav hamstring thing.

nice work all around Git.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

kmcnyc wrote:
lots of news here-
sorry to hear about your fam- work life balance is a big big issue here too

shed is looking ROCKING

as are those squats
nice work.

I wont mention the pin pulls or the HUGE rdl's
nor will I mention the dimels
they are my fav hamstring thing.

nice work all around Git.


Thanks buddy.
Home life has settled down. At least my wife isn't struggling as much. Her work is kinda under control (kinda) and we are having some awesome weather and that makes a difference. She has some seasonal stuff that kicks in around this time of the year.

I'm pretty happy with how pulls have felt lately. I have no idea what my max is but I'm definitely stronger.

And dimels ARE the shit. I just started them since they were in the Tate program I was doing. Definitely a keeper.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

atypical1
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2432

The shed is definitely looking great. Love the sound system too and that means you can add a soundtrack to your vids.

I get the seasonal stuff too but really only started to get it later in life. Glad to hear your weather has been good and your wife is doing better. Everything is better when they are doing good, right?

Congrats on the PR. 405 is a stout box squat.

james

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

giterdone
Level

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5174

atypical1 wrote:
The shed is definitely looking great. Love the sound system too and that means you can add a soundtrack to your vids.

I get the seasonal stuff too but really only started to get it later in life. Glad to hear your weather has been good and your wife is doing better. Everything is better when they are doing good, right?

Congrats on the PR. 405 is a stout box squat.

james


Thanks james.

Yeah, this morning she had a smile on her face and a cute skirt on. She was happy and that means I was happy.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report