The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Over 35 Lifter
 
It's true homies, eagles don't roam in flocks
 

kpsnap
Level

Join date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7092

PeteS wrote:
now have MRI scheduled for Friday, with follow up visit next Wednesday.


Is it an arthrographic MRI (port with dye injected)?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

kpsnap wrote:
PeteS wrote:
now have MRI scheduled for Friday, with follow up visit next Wednesday.


Is it an arthrographic MRI (port with dye injected)?



hmmm I don't know...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Derek542
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12821

PeteS wrote:
kpsnap wrote:
PeteS wrote:
now have MRI scheduled for Friday, with follow up visit next Wednesday.


Is it an arthrographic MRI (port with dye injected)?



hmmm I don't know...


That is what the wife was talking about on G+ Pete

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

well per the brochure they will be putting me in a Signa HD 1.5T

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Derek542
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12821

PeteS wrote:
well per the brochure they will be putting me in a Signa HD 1.5T


I am sure you have had an MRI before?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

Derek542 wrote:
PeteS wrote:
well per the brochure they will be putting me in a Signa HD 1.5T


I am sure you have had an MRI before?



it has been a long long time

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Derek542
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12821

Well shit Pete good luck laying there for 20-30 minutes in the tube at your size can be very tight. I hope you are not claustrophobic or are they doing an open MRI?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

FISCHER613
Level

Join date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2494

Good luck Pete.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cholulalula
Level

Join date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1217

good luck with the MRI.

fingers-crossed.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

tonight 30 elliptical then finished state taxes.....

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

cholulalula wrote:
good luck with the MRI.

fingers-crossed.

thanks

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

pending outcome of diagnosis and recovery plan, might do a USPA meet DL only 6/2

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

well, plan was to start a mini cycle of reverse band squats to a box in my tighter briefs to get me used to some more weight on my back again, but couldn't get under bar properly due to shoulder so went with plan b

raw close stance walked out ssb box squats, narrow stance to low box 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 5, 365 x 5, 405 x 5, 455 x 5, 505 x 5 for my second cheap 10lb pr of the week

leg press 5 x 10-12
ghr 5 x 10-12
hanging leg raise 5 x 10-12

rev hyper 225 x 10, 275 x 10

gassed, long week for work, and have been getting shitty sleep

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

greystoke
Level

Join date: Aug 2006
Posts: 520

When I grow up, I want to squat numbers close to what an injured you squats. Hang in there Pete.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

30 min elliptical after hitting snooze 4 or 5 times. thankfully no meetings this a.m. so I could take my time

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

back and bis

lever pulldown aka totter 7 x 6-12, last 3 sets with 430

dbell row 100s x 10, 4 x 6-8 w/150

csr 3 x 10 w/5 plates

hammer strength low row 3 x 12

dbell curl 5 x 8-10

ez curls 115 x 15, 135 x 8, x 8, 115 x 12

machine curl 5 x 12-15

band rear delts 4 x 15

pullaparts 4 x 12

wrist curls 2 sets

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

atypical1
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2431

Fantastic wrist curls......


Someone had to say it.

james

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

thanks James, much appreciated.

upper back is fried still from Saturday. didn't help that I severely impacted recovery by taking wife out to see some live music Saturday. We were both wastes of space yesterday.

MRI was perhaps one of the single worst experiences of my life. Get results Wednesday.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Derek542
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12821

PeteS wrote:
thanks James, much appreciated.

upper back is fried still from Saturday. didn't help that I severely impacted recovery by taking wife out to see some live music Saturday. We were both wastes of space yesterday.

MRI was perhaps one of the single worst experiences of my life. Get results Wednesday.


That tube is small isnt it?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PeteS
Level

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 5357

Derek542 wrote:
PeteS wrote:
thanks James, much appreciated.

upper back is fried still from Saturday. didn't help that I severely impacted recovery by taking wife out to see some live music Saturday. We were both wastes of space yesterday.

MRI was perhaps one of the single worst experiences of my life. Get results Wednesday.


That tube is small isnt it?


Not only that but he positioned me so my shoulder was at its most painful, so I basically was crammed in there feeling like someone was stabbing my shoulder with a hot serrated knife for 45 minutes...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Derek542
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12821

PeteS wrote:
Derek542 wrote:
PeteS wrote:
thanks James, much appreciated.

upper back is fried still from Saturday. didn't help that I severely impacted recovery by taking wife out to see some live music Saturday. We were both wastes of space yesterday.

MRI was perhaps one of the single worst experiences of my life. Get results Wednesday.


That tube is small isnt it?


Not only that but he positioned me so my shoulder was at its most painful, so I basically was crammed in there feeling like someone was stabbing my shoulder with a hot serrated knife for 45 minutes...


Sorry big guy I kind of knew that was coming but didnt see the point and telling you since there is nothing you can do about it.

When the did my neck that is really not cool.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

dday
Level 4

Join date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4575

Sounds awful Pete, hoping for the best.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Up
Level 3

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1454

Live music sounds fun, MRI not so much!

Hang tuff!!!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

FISCHER613
Level

Join date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2494

MRI

What that means is: Maliciously Repeating-Intense-Pain...

I Fucking hate those as well. FWIW I feel Cat Scan's are much worse.

Hope it is good news.

Rick

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

jjackkrash
Level 3

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6871

I had an MRI once. Technically, twice. The tech fucked something up and had to start it over. He's lucky I was stuck in a machine and he was on the other side of a plexiglass window when he gave me the news. Hopefully it was worth it and they see a good way to get you fixed up.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report