The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Olympic Lifting
 
-[][][]---OL Log 5---[][][]-
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

2/22/12

snatch
bar stuff
40kg
50
70
80
90
90
90
95
95
95
100
105x
105x

snatch pulls
100x3
120x3

back squat
70kg
120
140
150
160
170
175

GHR
BWx8
BW+25 lbs x6
BW+25 lbs x6

stretched and foam rolled.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

2/23/12

clean and jerk
bar stuff
60kg
80
100
110x3
110x3
110x3

front squat
100kgx5
130x5
135x5
140x5

pullups 2x10

lots of ab work and lots of stretching out the quads and hips for sure. left shoulder was REALLY weak on jerks, need to figure out whats going on so i might go to my schools athletic trainer and ask him tomorrow.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

patrx9
Level

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17

12/02/21

Snatch
43kg:3
61:3
70:1
80:1
84:1
89:1
93:1
98:1
102:X
102:X
102:1

Rows

12/02/23

Fs Pounds
95:3
135:3
185:1
205:1
225:1
245:1
255:1
265:1 (+10pounds Pr)
275:1 (+20pounds Pr) 125kg
225:3
Still my weakness but at least some progress

CnJ
43kg:3
61:3
70:1
84:1
93:1
102:1
111:1
116:X

Rows

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

2/25/12

snatch
bar work
40kg
50
60
70
80
90x2
90x2
91x2
91x2
94x2

back squat
70kg
120x3
150x3
150x3
160x3
150x3
160x3
165x3

clean box pulls
140x4
140x4
140x4
140x4

stretching and abs and done

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

2/27/12

snatch
bar stuff
40kg
60
80
90
100x
100
105
105
105
60
80
90
95
95
missed too many of those to even count. every time my left shoulder gives out in the squat position

front squat
60kg
110x3
130x3
110x3
140x3
150x2
140x3
130x4
120x5
120x5

stretching tonight and possibly some more squatting and lots of bar work. i need to figure out why im so incredibly inconsistent lately :/

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

rehanb_bl
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1210

I am out injured
(appointment with the surgeon yay!)

but my brother is kicking ass with his meniscus tear and all!

137.5kg jerk/ powerish jerk

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

rehanb_bl
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1210

video not showing up dammit

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

2/28/12

clean and jerk
bar stuff
40kg
60
80
100
100
110
110
110
110

back squat
50kg
100
150x4
160x3
170x3 PR

snatch RDL
90kg 3x5

push press
70kgx5
80x5
80x5

clean pulls
140x2
140x2
150x2
150x2

stretching.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

3/1/12

clean and jerk
bar stuff
60kg
80
100
110
120
130 PR
135x
135 clean
135x

back squat
70kg
120x5
150x3
170x2
150x3
145x5
145x5

bench (lbs)
138x8
185x8
225x8

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

3/2/12

snatch
bar stuff
40kg
50
60
70x3
80x3
90
90
90
90

snatch pulls
110
120
120
120

military press
60kg 3x8

weighted chins
BWx5
BW+20kg x4
BW+20kg x3
BW+20kg x3

a bunch of crunches and planks and then stretched out.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ape288
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2008
Posts: 617

Still plugging away

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

3/6/12

i did my snatch opener for my meet on saturday today

snatch
bar stuff
50kg
70
80
85
90
95
100 opener

back squat
100x4
125x4
145x4

snatch high pulls
60kg 2x4

push press
70kgx5
75x5
80x5

powerclean
60kgx5
80x5
90x5

100 crunches and done.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1431

Even though I don't listen to my iPod while I train, I think I'm going to make a playlist of techno/trance/whatever. Klokov has inspired me. I will call this playlist, "Euro Training" (in honour of Terry Crews).

The general lack of avatars recently in this thread is throwing me off.

Snatched 140 today. Dance music was playing on the stereo.

Super excited for the next 5ish months of weightlifting, in regards to both personal and international competition.

[insert other random thought here]

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Ed Ache
Level

Join date: Jan 2010
Posts: 243

TheJonty wrote:
Even though I don't listen to my iPod while I train, I think I'm going to make a playlist of techno/trance/whatever. Klokov has inspired me. I will call this playlist, "Euro Training" (in honour of Terry Crews).

The general lack of avatars recently in this thread is throwing me off.

Snatched 140 today. Dance music was playing on the stereo.

Super excited for the next 5ish months of weightlifting, in regards to both personal and international competition.

[insert other random thought here]


Awesome snatch, I need to get 140 clean and jerked sharpish so I don't feel like a loser! 5kg's to go mate and you get the two reds and a green in comp!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1431

Ed Ache wrote:
TheJonty wrote:
Even though I don't listen to my iPod while I train, I think I'm going to make a playlist of techno/trance/whatever. Klokov has inspired me. I will call this playlist, "Euro Training" (in honour of Terry Crews).

The general lack of avatars recently in this thread is throwing me off.

Snatched 140 today. Dance music was playing on the stereo.

Super excited for the next 5ish months of weightlifting, in regards to both personal and international competition.

[insert other random thought here]


Awesome snatch, I need to get 140 clean and jerked sharpish so I don't feel like a loser! 5kg's to go mate and you get the two reds and a green in comp!


Well, I'd figure the progress you've made since you've been here would elevate you above "loser" but that's just me.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Ed Ache
Level

Join date: Jan 2010
Posts: 243

TheJonty wrote:
Ed Ache wrote:
TheJonty wrote:
Even though I don't listen to my iPod while I train, I think I'm going to make a playlist of techno/trance/whatever. Klokov has inspired me. I will call this playlist, "Euro Training" (in honour of Terry Crews).

The general lack of avatars recently in this thread is throwing me off.

Snatched 140 today. Dance music was playing on the stereo.

Super excited for the next 5ish months of weightlifting, in regards to both personal and international competition.

[insert other random thought here]


Awesome snatch, I need to get 140 clean and jerked sharpish so I don't feel like a loser! 5kg's to go mate and you get the two reds and a green in comp!


Well, I'd figure the progress you've made since you've been here would elevate you above "loser" but that's just me.


Depends on the day, sometimes I feel good for hitting a PB or equalling a PB. Then I think that clean and jerking 135 just doesnt cut the mustard. Like you, and others, I suspect; I want to do well in this sport. Mediocre just wont cut it. And 115/135 is IMO average.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

behlers181
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 321

3/8/12

snatch
bar stuff
50kgx3
60x2
70
80
80

clean and jerk
70kgx3
90x2
100
100
105

power snatch
60x3
65x3
70x3
60x3

hang snatch
70x3
70x3
60x3

i have a meet on saturday so everything was fast and light today

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cloystreng
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 299

Since the AC separation on Feb 19, I started lifting again on Tuesday. Doing physical therapy 3x per week, but I managed to squat up to 185 lbs for like 15 sets of 5 (not kidding, it was actually that many sets), then on Thursday squatted up to 195 for 5 sets of 5. I'm gonna try and put another 10-15 lbs on it every time. I think that will let my shoulder get used to holding the weight, and at the same time strengthen it slowly.

The only problem (aside from the obvious injury and not being able to do anything) is that I'm squatting like 45% of my max. Its embarrassing.

I'm just going to squat 3x this week, I think next week I'll do 4, then 5 the next week. Its not like my recovery is impeded by anything else.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cloystreng
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 299

Yeah, I squatted today so make that 4x this week. Still light right now though.

Up to 210 for 5x5 with a pause at the bottom. I figure if I can't go too heavy, might as well do paused reps.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

patrx9
Level

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17

12/03/16

snatch
43:1-1-1
61:1-1-1
75:1
86:1
95:1
100:X-X-1
104:X-X-X (solid pull and reception, but can't stand up)

Front Squat

5 hrs break

CnJ
43:1-1-1
65:1-1-1
75:1
84:1
93:1
104:1
113:1x (cleaned it but missed the jerk, + 2 kg clean Pr)

Front squat

Push presses

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Swolegasm
Level

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1312

[quote]ape288 wrote:
Still plugging away



Why have you not competed yet???

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

alexus
Level

Join date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4751

comp yesterday (first one of the year). looks like i'm going to have to get myself registered and do the comps etc properly. since i'm getting free coaching. sounds fair to me. i was thinking 'i suck pretty bad so it is just embarrassing / pointless' rather than 'one really should support the sport since it has supported me'. anyhoo... i thought i wouldn't really enjoy this competing thing... but turns out i do. so that is pretty good, heh.

for those of you who don't know me: i suck pretty bad. not very strong.

weighed in @68kg after eating breakfast etc as i normally would. had a bit of a headcold...

snatch
- 35 easy
- 40 little bit forwards dropped in the hole
- 40 ditto. didn't manage to get my yell on...

clean and jerk (powerclean and powerjerk for me since that is how i'm strongest)
- 40 left elbow not quite locked out (been having that problem)
- 40 little bit of a grr. done
- 45 little bit of a grr. done! PR!

:-)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

olylifter106
Level

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 274

Good on you for competing Alexus!! Congrats on the PR C&J!!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ape288
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2008
Posts: 617

Swolegasm wrote:
Why have you not competed yet???


I dunno man, I guess I just decided that my numbers are so average that what difference does it really make whether I compete or not. In the end, all I really care about is did I get better, did I make progress towards the goals I have set for myself. If, in a few years, I find myself a contender for a medal on at least a national stage, then it would make more sense to me to go out and put up a big total. But right now, the way I see it is, anybody can do 107/130, so why celebrate mediocrity.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1431

alexus wrote:
comp yesterday (first one of the year). looks like i'm going to have to get myself registered and do the comps etc properly. since i'm getting free coaching. sounds fair to me. i was thinking 'i suck pretty bad so it is just embarrassing / pointless' rather than 'one really should support the sport since it has supported me'. anyhoo... i thought i wouldn't really enjoy this competing thing... but turns out i do. so that is pretty good, heh.

for those of you who don't know me: i suck pretty bad. not very strong.

weighed in @68kg after eating breakfast etc as i normally would. had a bit of a headcold...

snatch
- 35 easy
- 40 little bit forwards dropped in the hole
- 40 ditto. didn't manage to get my yell on...

clean and jerk (powerclean and pushjerk for me since that is how i'm strongest)
- 40 left elbow not quite locked out (been having that problem)
- 40 little bit of a grr. done
- 45 little bit of a grr. done! PR!

:-)


Kudos on the competition and the PR. Forgive me for possibly being way behind the times, but I seem to recall leg strength was always a big issue for you, and that when you finally got an oly specific coach he had you start doing high bar back squats (which I think would help address that issue). How's that been working out for you?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
Topic is Locked
This thread has reached its maximum number of replies. Click HERE to start a new topic.