The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Indigo Project Logs
 
StandTall's Indigo-3G Log
 

BobFather5
Level 10

Join date: Mar 2003
Posts: 342

So, you have a LOT of ink, I am thinking of getting my first tat. What does all of your mean? I want something with real meaning to me so I have several thoughts, including the "Phoenix" in my pic. Starting to think about it and wanted some direction:)

Bob

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Hip Scar
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1482

StandTall wrote:
A moment of clarity:

My training lately has been HFSW, Straps (rings), Jumps, and recently holds and light snatches. If I want to improve something I add a few sets to specifically improve that muscle. I do that for a few weeks and then move on to the next body part. It has been working and I'm going to continue to milk that cow.

It would almost seem that I'm in a holding pattern, that I'm simply trying to hold onto my gains, but the truth is that as long as I bump my HFSW intensity when I am "feeling it" that I can improve my aesthetics with that alone. The rings or straps actually seem to help me heal and feel better. The jumps seem to keep my metabolic conditioning up with what is seemingly very little work.

I look better than I've ever looked in my life with my shirt off. I'm amazed at what is happening to my body and at the same time I get the feeling that my body is going to keep improving. I know that it has been said that IG3 can fix fat cells and that may or may not be true, what I am starting to think is that IG3 has really helped me to increase my metabolic rate and that the effects start compounding the longer I'm on it. I don't know what being on steroids feels like, but I can tell you that I look and feel much better than a lot of the douche bags I know that are on steroids. They are not douche bags because of the steroids, they are simply in the douche category and take the steroids for a quick fix. I'm actually not against steroids. I am all for freedom to experiment with one's body. I am a huge believer that Hormone Replacement Therapy should be sought by men who need it and encouraged by society.

I take Alpha Male, Nettle, 1 gram of vitamin C, 400mg of Vitamin E, Phycogenol and Yohimbine 200mg. Is that natural? I don't know, but I take that twice a day to improve my testosterone levels. According to some I should not be allowed to change my hormone profile unless I'm a doctor. Those supplements certainly help me and I can tell a difference in my sex life when I do or do not take them. I'm 35, unfortunately I already see a difference in my natural ability to stay hormonally efficient.

I really appreciate what Biotest and the T-Nation staff do for us. I feel very blessed to be able to use these products which help all my hard work to work even better.


Very good read. Some of my exact thoughts recently regarding HFSW and Jumps - maybe it's our age and advanced training status....less work + more intensity = more gains /better physique changes? In regards to supplemental, always take what make YOU feel healthy and well and strong, your above supplements are all about increasing free test.....which is YOURs anyway, you're just using supps to block up the SHBG (to oversimplify)and set it free! Anyone who has an opinion on your hormone profile probably isn't very concerned with their own so f***'em.:)

Seems to be some good science around d-aspartic acid too. Someone had a thread going in the forums.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

BobFather5 wrote:
So, you have a LOT of ink, I am thinking of getting my first tat. What does all of your mean? I want something with real meaning to me so I have several thoughts, including the "Phoenix" in my pic. Starting to think about it and wanted some direction:)

Bob

Hey Bob,
My left arm is a dragon, it is from a picture of a carving in a cave wall, it was tribal in look so I made it into a tattoo. Dragon is my last name so...

My upper right arm are the names of my kids in Katakana (form of Japanese writing). The left side of my Back is my soon to be ex's name. Not a big deal to me, she was a big deal in my life. We were very good for each other and at the same time seemed to bring out the worst in each other...she, like tattoos, is a scar I chose. The right side of my back is like the scene of a viking family...it isn't finished, but I've always been a bit infatuated with different time periods, the Viking Age being one of them.

I'll be getting more ink, some sayings, some symbols, more significant things...

If you get something be sure to get the right size and find the right artist. Look at his/her work first. If you are ever in Colorado Springs I know two world class artists there. For tatt's I really believe that bigger is usually better especially if on the back. If I had it to do over again my back would be a mural of one piece, but I'm going to find a way to tie that all in together. I would study Japanese tattoos and Samoan tattoos, some of the best work is done by those cultures, they also have some really neat symbols and meanings to their work.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

Hip Scar wrote:
StandTall wrote:
A moment of clarity:

My training lately has been HFSW, Straps (rings), Jumps, and recently holds and light snatches. If I want to improve something I add a few sets to specifically improve that muscle. I do that for a few weeks and then move on to the next body part. It has been working and I'm going to continue to milk that cow.

It would almost seem that I'm in a holding pattern, that I'm simply trying to hold onto my gains, but the truth is that as long as I bump my HFSW intensity when I am "feeling it" that I can improve my aesthetics with that alone. The rings or straps actually seem to help me heal and feel better. The jumps seem to keep my metabolic conditioning up with what is seemingly very little work.

I look better than I've ever looked in my life with my shirt off. I'm amazed at what is happening to my body and at the same time I get the feeling that my body is going to keep improving. I know that it has been said that IG3 can fix fat cells and that may or may not be true, what I am starting to think is that IG3 has really helped me to increase my metabolic rate and that the effects start compounding the longer I'm on it. I don't know what being on steroids feels like, but I can tell you that I look and feel much better than a lot of the douche bags I know that are on steroids. They are not douche bags because of the steroids, they are simply in the douche category and take the steroids for a quick fix. I'm actually not against steroids. I am all for freedom to experiment with one's body. I am a huge believer that Hormone Replacement Therapy should be sought by men who need it and encouraged by society.

I take Alpha Male, Nettle, 1 gram of vitamin C, 400mg of Vitamin E, Phycogenol and Yohimbine 200mg. Is that natural? I don't know, but I take that twice a day to improve my testosterone levels. According to some I should not be allowed to change my hormone profile unless I'm a doctor. Those supplements certainly help me and I can tell a difference in my sex life when I do or do not take them. I'm 35, unfortunately I already see a difference in my natural ability to stay hormonally efficient.

I really appreciate what Biotest and the T-Nation staff do for us. I feel very blessed to be able to use these products which help all my hard work to work even better.


Very good read. Some of my exact thoughts recently regarding HFSW and Jumps - maybe it's our age and advanced training status....less work + more intensity = more gains /better physique changes? In regards to supplemental, always take what make YOU feel healthy and well and strong, your above supplements are all about increasing free test.....which is YOURs anyway, you're just using supps to block up the SHBG (to oversimplify)and set it free! Anyone who has an opinion on your hormone profile probably isn't very concerned with their own so f***'em.:)

Seems to be some good science around d-aspartic acid too. Someone had a thread going in the forums.


Hip,
I really appreciate the input man, when someone more advanced than I am gives me advice I listen! I think it does have to do with training age and age in general, I also think that it is a very natural way to train. It seems intuitive, but I've never put it all together.

I agree with you my friend, thank you for mentioning d-aspartic acid, I'm going to find that thread. I also take Elite Pro Minerals because of the zinc and magnesium and from time to time I'll take zinc with every meal.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

Catnip and Hip Scar sent me a care package and I really would like to thank them. A lot of places don't send food to APO addresses so it was a very big deal and I'm a bit over whelmed my the kindness of people I've never met face to face. How cool is that!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BobFather5
Level 10

Join date: Mar 2003
Posts: 342

StandTall wrote:
Catnip and Hip Scar sent me a care package and I really would like to thank them. A lot of places don't send food to APO addresses so it was a very big deal and I'm a bit over whelmed my the kindness of people I've never met face to face. How cool is that!



I am in agreement with that statement, I believe God puts people in our paths for a reason, I too received a package and the gratitude I feel for the "anonymous" person or persons is overwhelming, there are many ways to pay things forward and I am seeking any avenues I can think of, not all of us can do it monetarily, but that is just a fraction of what one can do, for instance, just putting together a package of Dress clothes that NO LONGER fit me(TOO BIG-winkwink) and will be donating them!

The people on this Indigo site are just the type of people I love. They say we are the grand total of the 5 people we spend the most time with, well, I have 5 kids(I count them as the ONE most important person) then I have a couple very close friends here in Omaha, but I spend a lot of time in the spill and I am becoming a better person for it!!!!!

On your reply about the ink, LOVE it, I like the Japanese stuff and I am definately getting some ink, wonder if T-Nation would allow me to get their symbol:)

Keep rockin!

Bob

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Hip Scar
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1482

StandTall wrote:
Catnip and Hip Scar sent me a care package and I really would like to thank them. A lot of places don't send food to APO addresses so it was a very big deal and I'm a bit over whelmed my the kindness of people I've never met face to face. How cool is that!


It was a joy. :-)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

StandTall wrote:
Catnip and Hip Scar sent me a care package and I really would like to thank them. A lot of places don't send food to APO addresses so it was a very big deal and I'm a bit over whelmed my the kindness of people I've never met face to face. How cool is that!



that's really cool

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

Hey Folks,
I'm a huge reader, I read at least 20 books a year and seem to get really lucking in picking some great books. I take a lot of recommendations from people I really respect.

I'm divorced once and separated from my current wife, but we won't have a reconciliation. I'm only 35 years old and although I don't think I'll marry again I also know I won't be alone for the rest of my life. All that to say that I'm reading a book called 'For Men Only' and it is really eye opening. It will also help me in knowing how to treat my daughters. I really recommend it if you find yourself feeling confused by women. They made one for Women too called 'For Women Only' they both have subtitles I don't remember them.

I also highly recommend 'His Needs, Her Needs'...

Another book I finished recently is 'Fire Your Therapist' really good. It is basically about taking action to move forward in life. I read a lot of business books and this book is like a really good business book in many ways.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

This week all measurements the same, but glutes measured 1 inch bigger. I am thinking this has to be from the holds and from the snatching. This would lead me to believe that I likely have some extra back/trap thickness too. My legs are also very vascular and leaner than I can ever remember them so although they don't measure bigger I believe that they have more muscle and less fat.

The last three days I've been eating huge amounts of food. Part of that is because of Hip Scar and Catnip sending me a care package. I'm taking pictures next week. I hope to see visual changes.

I had three HFSW sessions and one Ring session this week. After the HFSW sessions I added walking lunges. 1 set day one, 2 sets day two and 3 sets day three. This has been enough work to make other body parts grow so we will see how my legs respond after going through the same progression with more weight next week. I expect 1/2 an inch growth and hopefully more glute development too.

I'm really enjoying the snatching! I put 135lbs on the bar last night and it flew up. I've been using 95lbs for power snatches. I'll likely use 95lbs as a warm up and then use 115lbs with more volume this week for snatches.

I can really feel my back firing like crazy during the holds. I'm loving it!

My knee was swollen about three days this week. I think because I did jumps and landed on the ground. I usually jump onto a box. Unfortunately my left knee is shot and with any impact I get pain in the MCL and behind the knee into the hamstring and into the calf. The whole knee swells up. Not fun. I was able to work past all that and work legs a bit more anyway. The swelling is down a lot and I'm feeling pretty good overall.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6213

Sounds like things are going well StandTall. Keep us posted brother!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

HawaiiTunya
Level 10

Join date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4663

10 Pull-Up's have been achieved.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

HawaiiTunya wrote:
10 Pull-Up's have been achieved.


Oh Hell Yea!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Catnip
Level 1

Join date: Sep 2011
Posts: 426

Hi! Got time to come to T-Nation so I HAD to stop by your log! :) Looking forward to your new pictures!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

Catnip wrote:
Hi! Got time to come to T-Nation so I HAD to stop by your log! :) Looking forward to your new pictures!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my log Catnip! Very cool...you'll see them below.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

4/13/2012 Front

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

4/15/2012 Legs Still dealing with a swelling knee

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

4/15/2012 Back...Thank you for telling us to rotate our shoulders during snatches CT! It seems intuitive after hearing it, but I never had and because of old injuries was not able to snatch for years. Now, despite old injuries I'm back to snatching and I have a back again. I'd say that the progress I've seen in my back in two weeks is very telling in how my back responds to snatching!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

Pic one is yesterday, Pic two is from 3/21/2012. I wish pic two was clearer, but I think you can tell the difference. Back when I snatched a few times a week I would often get asked how I got big traps and posterior delts. The only thing I did for them back then was snatches. I feel like I'm getting a back again! Very happy, of course their will be more to come...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TRU76
Level 100

Join date: Jan 2007
Posts: 422

Looking good!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

TRU76 wrote:
Looking good!

Thanks Tru76 always appreciate compliments from those much more built than I am.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Hip Scar
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1482

Looking phenomenal!! Traps are looking improved, legs too!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Anthony50
Level 10

Join date: Apr 2006
Posts: 232

StandTall wrote:
Pic one is yesterday, Pic two is from 3/21/2012. I wish pic two was clearer, but I think you can tell the difference. Back when I snatched a few times a week I would often get asked how I got big traps and posterior delts. The only thing I did for them back then was snatches. I feel like I'm getting a back again! Very happy, of course their will be more to come...


Less than a month and you're looking leaner around the midsection and your back is looking wider. Your traps have seen the most improvements from that picture.
Interestingly though, you shrank in height!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

HawaiiTunya
Level 10

Join date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4663

WHOOOOAAAA look at the mountains you have created on top of your shoulders...awesome job. :-)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1038

Hip Scar wrote:
Looking phenomenal!! Traps are looking improved, legs too!


Hip,
Thanks bro, much appreciated. The food you and Catnip sent me certainly helped a ton!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report