Building High-Performance Muscle™
Indigo Project Logs
 
Lonnie123's Indigo-3G Log
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I will do my best to show everyone what the true potential of Indigo and CT's programs really are.

Speaking of which... FIRST DOSE OF INDIGO HAS BEEN TAKEN! Today is the day after my show, and I have some BBQ planned, so plenty of meat and potatoes for Indigo to "repartition."

Then its back to my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

Took this pic for Shugart, thought he might appreciate it. A failure to plan...

  Report
 

itisfinished
Level 100

Join date: Jun 2005
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 674

Congratulations Lonnie! Enjoy the spoils of war for a few days, then get back to work. Great work!

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Alright, here is my official Day 1 shots. I will be using these poses for comparisons from this point on as I feel they best capture every angle, and my level of conditioning.

These should make it very easy for Hawaii Tunya to do my comparisons in the coming weeks ;-) I wouldnt want to deprive her of that simple pleasure.

Starting Measurements:

Weight = 160

Love Handles = 31.75

Arms = 14.5

thigh = 21.5

calves = 15.25

I will only be measuring my weight and love handles from week to week as these are my "gold standards" for progress. I'm not anticipating the other measurements to change much from week to week, but I will measure them monthly.

Is there anything else you guys want to see me do?

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Alright... last fun one. I call this "Jersey Shore Reject"

  Report
 

cam534
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 90

Lonnie,

Congrats on the contest. Sounds like the positives outweigh the negatives, plus you should be quite proud of yourself for getting into that kind of shape.

I'll definitely be following you to see your progress on Indigo-3G.

Cam

  Report
 

fitnessben7500
Level 5

Join date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 119

Great work for the Show Lonnie! I think you're gonna look freaking awesome on Indigo, then you're gonna want to go back and show those other dudes up for the next show!!! ;-)

And that is a great Jersey Shore reject picture ... I almost spit out my oatmeal when I saw it!!!

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Thanks guys. Ready for some good news?!

INDIGO HAS BEGUN. First dose just went down the hatch.

I will give you guys an outline of my training at diet today. I wont do this every day because we all already know what the programs are, and I basically eat the same stuff every day... So just come back and check this out if you want to know.

Weekly workout is as follows, basically doing it right out of the program, but I've added in some active rest for areas I feel need to come up.

Monday: Bench Pattern. Active Rest for traps. Weighted Abs at end of workout.
Tuesday: Squat Pattern. Active Rest for forearms. BW ab exercises at end of workout.
Wed: Back/arms. HEAVY Prowler pushing
Thurs: OH Pattern. Active rest for traps. Weighted Abs
Friday: DL Pattern. Active rest for forearms. BW Abs
Saturdy: Arms Spec Workout. SPRINT Prowler workout.
Sunday. 14 jumps, band holds, walk. Basically a "do something" day but no gym work.

In addition, 3-4 nights a week I'll break out the prowler I have at home and do some work for back/bi's. I'm going to try and make a "holy shit" transformation in the next 4-8 weeks on them. We will see how it goes.

Diet:

Peri Workout: 1-3-3 Anaconda, Mag, SWF.
Meal 1 (1 hour PWO): 3 scoops MDrive Muscle Growth, + 2 Rice cakes
Meal 2: 1/3lb 93/7 beef, rice
Meal 3: 1/3lb beef, green beans, avocado
Meal 4: 1/2c Cottage Cheese with P Butter, 3 egg whites

So it basically is Carb Heavy around the workout period, and tapers off into a low carb as the day goes on.

  Report
 

HawaiiTunya
Level 10

Join date: Aug 2007
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 4481

Aloha Lonnie,

Congratulations on getting through the show. AWESOME how lean you are...now you're just going to EXPLODE with Indigo in your system. Can't wait to see some results.

  Report
 

thoughts1053
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2008
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 742

Lonnie123 wrote:
The Bad:

- While it was an interesting and fun experience... It really was't my cup of tea. It will be a long while before I decide to do it again, if ever. LOTS AND LOTS of hassle and money for very little "pay off."

- The prejudging was very unorganized. There was NOOOOO comparison round with Quarter turns and Mandatory poses. Instead they had each competitor do a 45 second "free posing" session to some crappy techno music, then called out 6 of us and asked for a few select poses to compare each other against. Very poorly executed in my opinion, who was expecting a more traditional approach to the competition and had prepared for such.

- Unfortunately, because the contest was so huge (330+ competitors between all the divisions) they only had the top 5 do their posing routines, Which means I did not even get to perform mine. Luckily I only have 1 friend come out so I didnt feel too bad, but I would have felt awful if my entire family/friends came out to not even watch me go out on stage at night... Ouch.

I will still be taking some shots tonight and filming my routine on a nice camera set up so that I have it to reflect upon and as a keepsake, so I will be posting those up here.


Lonnie,

Congrats on your first (and hopefully not last) show. Placing 6th in a large class is a great accomplishment. What show was this? It's the first time I've heard of no comparisons in the prejudging (quarter turns, mandatories, etc). However, it's not unusual that only the top 5 do their posing routine (I know the INBF does this).

I hope this show didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. I really hope you do another show as you'll be very competitive with the conditioning you bring (plus the muscle mass you'll pack on using Indigo). I competed in the OCB last year and everyone gets to do their routine. Specifically, Joe Franco's show was extremely organized and well run.

Also looking forward to seeing the contest pics and your posing routine.

  Report
 

Jeffrey of Troy
Level 2

Join date: May 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 458

Hi Lonnie,

when I first started Indigo, I was surprised at how much extra water I required, like what I was getting + another liter per day. Something to be on the lookout for..


Congrats on your recent accomplishments, and earning that gift from Tim!

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

thoughts1053 wrote:

Lonnie,

Congrats on your first (and hopefully not last) show. Placing 6th in a large class is a great accomplishment. What show was this? It's the first time I've heard of no comparisons in the prejudging (quarter turns, mandatories, etc). However, it's not unusual that only the top 5 do their posing routine (I know the INBF does this).

I hope this show didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. I really hope you do another show as you'll be very competitive with the conditioning you bring (plus the muscle mass you'll pack on using Indigo). I competed in the OCB last year and everyone gets to do their routine. Specifically, Joe Franco's show was extremely organized and well run.

Also looking forward to seeing the contest pics and your posing routine.


Thanks thoughts. Unfortunately in the fog of post contest I forgot to record the routine after I took photos... So the crappy video I have in the previous page is what I have for now.

This will most likely NOT be my last show, because I think its a great way to really push yourself and go beyond what you would do if you didn't have a commitment like that... but it certainly didn't leave me filled with enthusiasm to sign up for another one. Plus its quite expensive.

I'm 27 now, I might do another one when 30 is looming around the corner. However, there will most likely be a period in there where I do a "mock contest" (I've got big plans for this actually... stay tuned)

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Check this out... This all arrived in one day

1 - Gourmet Nutrition Version 1.0 (had this one, but left it at my old house, just got it sent back to me)
2 - Gourmet Nutrition version 2.0 (had it... lost it, reordered it)
3 - In Ear Thermometer
4 - Blood Glucose Monitor
5 - ELITEPRO Mineral Support
6 - Alpha GPC
7 - The NEW ANACONDA and MAG-10 "samples"

THATS how you start the day off right ;-)

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

The Log going forward:

For those that follow along with this log, first of all thank you very much. It means a lot to have this community here and it honestly is one of the best parts of my day checking in with all of you guys and girls. I really appreciate that you take time out of YOUR day to see how I am doing.

The "layout" of my log going forward will be thus:

1 - Every Sunday I will post my 4 physique photos, along with my weekly Fasted Blood Glucose reading, and a new entry I'm going to call "Indigo Impressions" - Which will be what I think of the product and the food/carb intake that surrounds the product. I will do my best to make this a worthwhile read for everyone.

2 - Any thoughts that occur to me daily regarding training and nutrition will be posted ad lib

3 - Unless something amazing happens or you guys ask a specific question, I wont be detailing my workouts. We all have access to the programs, so we all know what I'm doing on the Hypertrophy plan. Most of what I consider interesting about the workouts will probably go into the "Indigo Impressions" section on Sundays.

4 - Recipes! I've recently really become interested in making great food, so any cool recipes I make will be posted and photographed here.

Anything else YOU GUYS would like from me?

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Alright, here it is! The first round of the media from the 2012 NPC Amature Grand Prix contest that I did.

** Note - Please try not to "Quote" this post as I am posting the images from my hub, and they will all show up in your post as well. If you want to select a specific photo, try and locate the "photo" code and use that on individually. This will cut down a little bit on the clutter. **

** Note 2 - It turns out you cant click on the photos and have them blow up! Please visit my Hub (or right click ~> View Photo) for the full size, uncompressed versions of these photos **

Here are the first batch of Photos in Color :

Here are the same shots in Black and White :

Here are a couple of comparisons that show my progress from Last June until now. I consider it fairly "impressive" considering I was hard core dieting for a LARGE portion of that time. I attribute the ability to progress this much while dieting almost entirely to CT's methods. Explosive Work, Super Hero Complexes, and Prowler work. Quite simply... It worked, and worked well. Imagine what will happen with some food in my system.

Here is the Most Muscular pose from this year:
And that same pose (waist up only) from Last June:

Here is the shot I use in my Avatar from this year:
Here is the shot I'm currently using for my Avatar from last June:

You can see quite a bit of detail in the "All Poses" images, but if you want any of the shots uploaded individually let me know. There will be a few more poses coming up as well.

Posing Video:

So the story behind this video is that they really had no idea what to do when they found out they had 330 competitors at the show. As a result, instead of doing your "standard" BBing show comparisons, they had us all do this "Free Style" posing. While I am happy with how I look on stage, I'm not really happy with the way the posing "routine" went (I should have "locked in" to the poses more) but it was literally them pushing me out on stage without telling me how long I had or what to do, and me just winging it!

Over all I think the video captures how lean I got, and it shows that I am clearly lacking in the size department. So thats very good as it shows me what I need to bring up (everything...)

And just for fun, here is the Score Sheet placing me 6th: http://lindsayproductions.com/...odybuilding.pdf

Alright, there it is. I would love to hear any and all comments, including those oh-so-important "constructive" comments. The goal is to retake these shots/videos in a few years and blow them out of the water.

  Report
 

StandTall
Level 100

Join date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1037

Great work Lonnie. You'll blow this away in a few months...I saw others telling you to eat more and not worry about counting carbs, I'm glad they have chimed in. I agree. Keep it clean and kill it. You are going to blow up.

  Report
 

serpiente-6509
Level 3

Join date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 136

Great Job!

Quick question Lonnie, I'm really trying to shed some body fat and am jut having a hard time drastically upping my calories since it seems to go against what I think I should do. Right now I have dropped calories to get into the 2000-2500 range and upped cardio, thoughts on this? Did you keep carbs and cals high while on indigo? Part of me wants to jump back to the 2500-3000 range but I think this is what got me at 20% BF in the first place.

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

serpiente-6509 wrote:
Great Job!

Quick question Lonnie, I'm really trying to shed some body fat and am jut having a hard time drastically upping my calories since it seems to go against what I think I should do. Right now I have dropped calories to get into the 2000-2500 range and upped cardio, thoughts on this? Did you keep carbs and cals high while on indigo? Part of me wants to jump back to the 2500-3000 range but I think this is what got me at 20% BF in the first place.


I'll respond to this in your log serpiente

  Report
 

drewmoore867
Level 100

Join date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 387

It's clear you added size everywhere and your conditioning looks great. The change in your shoulders is really pronounced to me - wow. Well done man!

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Sunday will include a detailed write up of my "Indigo Impressions" - But suffice to say I believe it is definitely doing "something" - In the meal that follows the dose I'm like a bottomless pit, just ravenous for more food. I dont have the pains of hunger, but its like my body is telling me "Okay, that was nice, now where is the rest of the food!?"

Very interesting feeling, especially considering I'm eating much more food than I was in the last 6-8 weeks already, so the fact that its "craving" even more is interesting.

Is it post contest rebounding? Is it the demands of CT's Hypertrophy program? Indigo 3G? Dont know exactly, but this is certainly a new feeling, and I believe its largely the I3G considering I've been training my ass off for years, have dieted down and rebounded in the past, and have NEVER felt like this before. I'm digging it.

  Report
 

serpiente-6509
Level 3

Join date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 136

Lonnie123 wrote:
Sunday will include a detailed write up of my "Indigo Impressions" - But suffice to say I believe it is definitely doing "something" - In the meal that follows the dose I'm like a bottomless pit, just ravenous for more food. I dont have the pains of hunger, but its like my body is telling me "Okay, that was nice, now where is the rest of the food!?"

Very interesting feeling, especially considering I'm eating much more food than I was in the last 6-8 weeks already, so the fact that its "craving" even more is interesting.

Is it post contest rebounding? Is it the demands of CT's Hypertrophy program? Indigo 3G? Dont know exactly, but this is certainly a new feeling, and I believe its largely the I3G considering I've been training my ass off for years, have dieted down and rebounded in the past, and have NEVER felt like this before. I'm digging it.



Looking forward to reading this!

  Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1205

Lonnie123 wrote:
Diet:

Peri Workout: 1-3-3 Anaconda, Mag, SWF.
Meal 1 (1 hour PWO): 3 scoops MDrive Muscle Growth, + 2 Rice cakes
Meal 2: 1/3lb 93/7 beef, rice
Meal 3: 1/3lb beef, green beans, avocado
Meal 4: 1/2c Cottage Cheese with P Butter, 3 egg whites

So it basically is Carb Heavy around the workout period, and tapers off into a low carb as the day goes on.



You have made some good gains in the past year, Lonnie, most notable the delts. They have more mass now and a fuller shape. Looks good. Imagine what you can do while not dieting!

Is this what your diet will be like while on Indigo? If so, I a few suggestions on the diet...

1. I would increase carbs by a lot in your Meal 1 (1 hour postWO). If 2 rice cakes have 15g carbs and 24g carbs from MDMG, that's only ~40g carbs. PostWO carbs (~3 hour window) are great for going towards muscle building, so you should consider doubling that (at least) IMHO.

2. Tapering carbs a little is a good idea if you're not doing any workouts in the eveing, but be careful not to taper carbs too much meals 3 and 4.You should be able to handle carbs well in the evening with Indigo on your side. There are re basically no carbs in your last 2 meals.

Hope this helps

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

iDrDan wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
Diet:

Peri Workout: 1-3-3 Anaconda, Mag, SWF.
Meal 1 (1 hour PWO): 3 scoops MDrive Muscle Growth, + 2 Rice cakes
Meal 2: 1/3lb 93/7 beef, rice
Meal 3: 1/3lb beef, green beans, avocado
Meal 4: 1/2c Cottage Cheese with P Butter, 3 egg whites

So it basically is Carb Heavy around the workout period, and tapers off into a low carb as the day goes on.



You have made some good gains in the past year, Lonnie, most notable the delts. They have more mass now and a fuller shape. Looks good. Imagine what you can do while not dieting!

Is this what your diet will be like while on Indigo? If so, I a few suggestions on the diet...

1. I would increase carbs by a lot in your Meal 1 (1 hour postWO). If 2 rice cakes have 15g carbs and 24g carbs from MDMG, that's only ~40g carbs. PostWO carbs (~3 hour window) are great for going towards muscle building, so you should consider doubling that (at least) IMHO.

2. Tapering carbs a little is a good idea if you're not doing any workouts in the eveing, but be careful not to taper carbs too much meals 3 and 4.You should be able to handle carbs well in the evening with Indigo on your side. There are re basically no carbs in your last 2 meals.

Hope this helps


Yeah... That menu is my "base" menu, to which things will get thrown on top of as needed. Its not enough calories now that I look at it (and have lived with it for a few days). It was basically a small increase over my contest diet, which is not enough to fuel these crazy CT workouts ;-)

I'm okay with erring on the side of eating a bit too little while I ramp up the calories, because I've made the mistake of being "done dieting" and "done doing all that cardio" before and instantly lose my leanness/hardness. Although, I am literally adding like 250-500 calories a day, so I am being quite aggressive in that regard, which seems to be working GANG BUSTERS. I've never felt this "jacked" before in my life.

We talked about it a bit in the Spill, but I have some "bonus meals" that get thrown in that are things like Pumpkin+Grow!, Rice+Egg Whites, Soups, FiniBars, MDrive Muscle Growth, etc... The general rule is 50/50 carb/protein meals, although I dont mind if its more carbs than protein since I'm already hitting a very high number on my protein daily and more isnt necessarily better.

Basically its a small meal, about 200-300 calories, that contains 25-50g of carbs. This way I can add it in without any "worry" about it being too big, and I'm routinely adding in 2-3 of these a day, so about 1,000 "bonus" calories, and 150-200g of bonus carbs.

We will see where these numbers end up during SHOCK WEEK! Probably quite a bit higher.

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

A Chef Becomes Me: One Mans Journey Into the Food Porn Industry

Tonights meal was "Lean and Mean Fried Rice":

4 egg whites, 1 whole egg
1 cup rice
Chopped up Broccoli and Green Beans
Seasoned with: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt

Approx 500 cals, 30g protein, 60g of carbs, 10g of fat or so.

Have to say, this meal was absolutely awesome. I looked online to get ideas for the seasonings since I'm a total noob in that regard and these really seemed to work well. The veggies help to "volumize" the dish and make it very filling. I believe this would EASILY pass "The Girlfriend Test"

  Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6064

Cross Posted from iDrDan's Log, but it has some observations I've made while trying to find my carb sweet spot.

"Reporting for duty sir: 300g Carbs today. Looking a little "softer" than last week, but thats probably because I am not water depleted, tanned, and starving ;-) Not only that, but my muscles are probably FULLY loaded with carbs/glycogen/water which they havent been in a while. Performance is going well, so everything seems to be heading in the right direction. I'll probably try and hold at 300g for a few days to see how it goes, as today felt "right." I didnt get those insane "bottomless pit" feelings at this level of food intake, so thats probably a good sign.

I'll be posting new pics on Monday (Helping my mom move this weekend, so I wont be home until Sunday night) so if you wouldnt mind stopping by the log and putting a fresh set of eyes on them just to make sure I'm headed in the right direction that would be awesome."

I would appreciate everyone who follows this to stop by on Monday and critique my 1 week photos... I know its only one week, but my food and training has changed DRAMATICALLY, so I'm expecting to see visual changes.

  Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 4978

Lonnie123 wrote:
(Helping my mom move this weekend, so I wont be home until Sunday night)


I am doing the same. My mom and I are in the process of moving. We close on the house next friday and start the process of moving. The big appliances and what not will not be moved until 2 sats from now. Lots of fun :)

And i would not expect large changes other than water weight gain in one week. Be careful making to many adjustments based on that. YOu have been extremely low carb for a long time so the rebound water weight and water retention from the carbs can be quite outstanding.

You did great added some mass and came in as good as you could thats all you can do. Much respect for doing a show man.

  Report