The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Indigo Project Logs
 
IDrDan's Indigo-3G Log
 

Hip Scar
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1482

Good luck Dan! Hope you have a speedy recovery! Oh and you cannot possibly drink enough MAG-10 while you are laid up! :-)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6218

Interested to hear your thoughts on the reduced dosing here in the coming weeks.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6218

And actually, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the full 10 week dose you did too

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Here's an update from yesterday...

Day 68
May 4

TRAINING - wasn't allowed to workout


FOOD - I had to fast until after my surgery, and after the dental work I was limited to what I could eat and how much I could eat because of no appetite. Also, I started maintenance dose of Indigo (4 caps today). Ideally, carbs would be higher.


1,800 calories
145g protein
155g carbs
65g fat


12:00 4 caps Indigo-3G
12:00 1 scoop MAG-10
1:00 25g whey/casein/milk protein, 12g casein protein, 6c Puffed Rice cereal, 2 prunes, 1tsp Fitness Fiber, 1T natty pb, 4T flaxseed meal
4:00 25g whey/casein/milk protein, 12g casein protein, 1c (dry measure) oats, 2T natty pb, 2T homemade almond butter

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

HawaiiTunya
Level 10

Join date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4665

iDrDan wrote:
Here's an update from yesterday...

Day 68
May 4

TRAINING - wasn't allowed to workout


FOOD - I had to fast until after my surgery, and after the dental work I was limited to what I could eat and how much I could eat because of no appetite. Also, I started maintenance dose of Indigo (4 caps today). Ideally, carbs would be higher.


1,800 calories
145g protein
155g carbs
65g fat


12:00 4 caps Indigo-3G
12:00 1 scoop MAG-10
1:00 25g whey/casein/milk protein, 12g casein protein, 6c Puffed Rice cereal, 2 prunes, 1tsp Fitness Fiber, 1T natty pb, 4T flaxseed meal
4:00 25g whey/casein/milk protein, 12g casein protein, 1c (dry measure) oats, 2T natty pb, 2T homemade almond butter



Wishing you a speedy recovery. Menu looks perfect for someone who has had dental surgery. The MAG-10 will help a lot. :-)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Hip Scar wrote:
Good luck Dan! Hope you have a speedy recovery! Oh and you cannot possibly drink enough MAG-10 while you are laid up! :-)


Thanks Hip. Yeah, MAG-10 is great stuff!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

HawaiiTunya wrote:
iDrDan wrote:
Here's an update from yesterday...

Day 68
May 4

TRAINING - wasn't allowed to workout


FOOD - I had to fast until after my surgery, and after the dental work I was limited to what I could eat and how much I could eat because of no appetite. Also, I started maintenance dose of Indigo (4 caps today). Ideally, carbs would be higher.


1,800 calories
145g protein
155g carbs
65g fat


12:00 4 caps Indigo-3G
12:00 1 scoop MAG-10
1:00 25g whey/casein/milk protein, 12g casein protein, 6c Puffed Rice cereal, 2 prunes, 1tsp Fitness Fiber, 1T natty pb, 4T flaxseed meal
4:00 25g whey/casein/milk protein, 12g casein protein, 1c (dry measure) oats, 2T natty pb, 2T homemade almond butter



Wishing you a speedy recovery. Menu looks perfect for someone who has had dental surgery. The MAG-10 will help a lot. :-)


Thanks for the well wishes, HT!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Lonnie123 wrote:
And actually, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the full 10 week dose you did too



I'll keep the log update in the coming weeks. I haven't decided yet between eating all my food between preWO and lunch (then fasting until next morning's preWO...i.e. 7 hours feasting, 17 hours fasting), or just cutting down carbs a lot at supper. Either way, I'm going to reduced calories and carbs some over the next 4 weeks and do a slight body recomp (but nothing crazy). I just want to lean up a bit while staying above 150 and continuing to gain strength. If it wasn't summer and lake time, I would keep pounding the calories and not do a body recomp.


My last 10 weeks on full dosage have given mixed results. I have gained about 9 lbs (up to 152 the other day), but I feel like at least half of that is fat gained mostly in the legs, lower back and abs. I have noticably more muslce in my legs, arms, mid-back and upper-back. It's not that I didn't expect to gain some fat, but I thought the muscle:fat ratio would be more favorable. Honestly, I was 152 a year ago and I'm not sure if I'm that much leaner now with Indgio than I was then without it. BUT I am my own worst critic and my results are probably better than I think. It really is a mental game with me. After being so lean, a little fat gain is EASILY noticed and can appear to me like I'm gaining more fat than muscle. With the vast majority of people on Indigo getting leaner, it's hard to maintain the opposite mentality of gaining muscle and fat.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6218

You have been POUNDING the cals/carbs Dan, so you are probably also filled to the brim with Glycogen/water and all that other fun stuff. It might be worthwhile to do a 2 or 3 day run of low carbs/MAG-10 pulse fasts to "flush out" a little bit and see if things look a little different.

I think the 4 week recomp is a good idea though. I'm coming around more and more to the idea that you should nip any unwanted fat gain in the bud before 5 pounds becomes 10, then 15... And before you know it you barely resemble a body builder at all.

Keep us posted brother, we are all rooting for your success.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Lonnie123 wrote:
You have been POUNDING the cals/carbs Dan, so you are probably also filled to the brim with Glycogen/water and all that other fun stuff. It might be worthwhile to do a 2 or 3 day run of low carbs/MAG-10 pulse fasts to "flush out" a little bit and see if things look a little different.

I think the 4 week recomp is a good idea though. I'm coming around more and more to the idea that you should nip any unwanted fat gain in the bud before 5 pounds becomes 10, then 15... And before you know it you barely resemble a body builder at all.

Keep us posted brother, we are all rooting for your success.



I approached my 10 week full dosage with the intent of gaining as much muscle mass as possible, knowing in the back of my mind that fat gain would inevitably come along with it. But somewhere along the way I kinda forgot about that I guess haha. I'm expecting great results from now on when I'm keeping calories in check.

Thanks for the support, Lonnie. It really means a lot.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Day 70
May 5


TRAINING - 30 minutes of Tire Sled work (moderate intensity...I didn't want to pop the sutures!)


FOOD - 4 caps Indigo

2,400 calories
190g protein
210g carbs
90g fat

8:00 38g whey/casein/milk protein, 4 prunes, 1c (dry measure) oats, 1T natty pb, 2T flaxseed meal, cinnamon
11:30 4 caps Indigo-3G
12:30 start periWO: 25g whey isolate, 30g dextrose&maltodextrin, 5g creatine
Tire sled work (30 min) ? moderate intensity
2:30 4 oz chxn, 1/2c (dry measured) white/brown rice, 1/2c red kidney beans, 3c broccoli, 1/4c low-fat cheese, drizzle of EVOO
6:00 7.5oz pink salmon, 1T EVOO, 2c broccoli, 25g casein protein, 2T natty pb, 2T flaxseed meal

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Oh, and I put on some shorts for the first time since last summer (when I was really lean and 8-10 lbs lighter) and they still fit the exact same! 10 lbs up and waist seems to be the same circumference. Boom.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bassip21
Level 10

Join date: Sep 2009
Posts: 476

Hey man, thanks for the kind words. When I started off lifting, I was kind of weird and never really cared for big arms or chiseled chest and really focused on shoulders, back and legs. So I have pretty weak arms and chest but slowly catching up.

For Lats, rear delts and traps: What helped me the MOST was Kroc Rows. You have probably heard of these and I remember when I used to do these consistently my lats and traps got super thick. I've been leaning down now so they are more defined vs thick

Middle back: Deadlifts, Deadlifts, and some more Deadlifts. I used to train deadlifts in 2 different manners a lot, and that was when I made the most significant gains for thickness. I would do deadlifts with back on one day, and then rack pulls on another day.

Hope the advice helps, and you are looking superr lean! I want to get that lean someday.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6218

Thats kind of how I am approaching it as well. I can easily diet off 4-6 pounds of fat, so if I happen to gain that over the coarse a 12 week concentrated gaining period... So be it. Having said that, I'm tweaking things weekly to try and find that sweet spot where the fat gain doesnt come at an unacceptable rate. After my initial full dose run, I suspect it might be as simple as a single Pulse Fast a week honestly. Those were a cornerstone of my contest diet, and I think they can play a big part of my gaining phase as well.

I will definitely be experimenting with those after my initial break in period. I'll keep you posted on how they work for me, maybe its something you can have success with as well.

iDrDan wrote:


I approached my 10 week full dosage with the intent of gaining as much muscle mass as possible, knowing in the back of my mind that fat gain would inevitably come along with it. But somewhere along the way I kinda forgot about that I guess haha. I'm expecting great results from now on when I'm keeping calories in check.

Thanks for the support, Lonnie. It really means a lot.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Day 71
May 6

TRAINING - off day, but I did golf 18 holes (with a cart).


FOOD

2,200 calories
185g protein
180g carbs
85g fat

6:15 4 caps Indigo-3G
6:45 1 scoop MAG-10
7:15 3-4oz ground elk, 1/2c (dry measured) white/brown rice, 1/2c black beans, 1c broccoli, 1 tsp EVOO, 3oz red potatoes
10:15 2 eggs, 12oz red potatoes, 3oz chxn, 1/4c low-fat cheese, 2 cups broccoli
Golfed 18 holes
6:00 7.5oz pink salmon, 1/2T EVOO, 1c veggies, 25g casein protein, 3T natty pb

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

3 days ago, I started my maintenance dose of Indigo (4 caps preWO 5 days and 6 caps preWO 2 days) weighing in at 152 lbs. But after 3 days of 150-200g carbs and 1700-2300 cals, I dropped down to 150.0 this morning. My plan is to do a slight body recomposition over the next 2-4 weeks while AT LEAST maintaining strength in the gym.


I will post my diet tonight, but the idea is to have my main lifting session at 5:00-6:30am and eat all my daily carbs periWO, postWO and at noon.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

This morning's workout was week 1 Bench Press pattern of Stength Phase 3/3. I felt "off" for at least 45 minutes of the session...not very explosive HFSW, weights felt heavy, etc. It wasn't until the Foundation's Giant Cluster set (10 minutes of 1 reps) of bench press that I started to feel good and in the groove. From that point on I had a pretty good workout.

Feeling "off" and bench press feeling heavy this morning was probably due to the fact that I drained my CNS last Thursday (hit PR in bench press and then failed on some rack pulls) and then had surgery on Friday morning followed by 3 days of inadequate calorie intake.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Day 72
May 7


TRAINING - too tired for a PM session

Strength Program, Phase 3/3
Day 1, Week 1
HFSW + Bench Press Pattern



FOOD - now that I'm on maintenance dose of Indigo (preWO only), the change I made to the diet is at the evening meal I cut out the chxn, rice, beans.

3,050 calories
270g protein
310g carbs (moderate carb day)
85g fat

4:00am 4 caps Indigo-3G
4:20 stimulant
4:45 begin periWO: 1 ANACONDA, 2 MAG-10, 3 Surge Workout Fuel
Strength Program: phase 3/3, week 1, day 1 (HFS + Bench Press Pattern)
postWO: Power Drive
7:15 25g whey, 2 eggs, 12 oz potatoes , 1/4c mozzarella cheese
20g whey/casein/milk protein, 3c Puffed Rice, 2T flaxseed meal
12:00 5oz chxn, 1/2c (dry) brown rice, 1/2c black beans, broccoli, 2tsp EVOO, 2T natty pb
5:30 1 scoop MAG-10
7:00 25g casein protein, 2T homemade almond butter, 1T natty pb, 3T flaxseed meal

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

nfl138
Level 5

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 24

I appreciate the welcome Doc, I will be looking through your past posts to check out your experience!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BobFather5
Level 10

Join date: Mar 2003
Posts: 342

Love reading your log iDr, very detailed!

I answered you in mine, but regarding your comment on Burke Stadium and question on morning workouts:

"iDrDan, love Burke, I was on 3 State Champion HS Track teams at Fremont and it is a great venue:) I am doing morning workouts bout 4-6 days a week, usually conditioning in the morning, lifting in the afternoons, will be switching to mostly all morning and sprinkle in afternoons but summer gets very busy with kids stuff after work!"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Day 73
May 8


TRAINING

Strength Program, Phase 3/3
Day 2, Week 1
HFSW + Squat Pattern


FOOD -

3,300 calories
280g protein
370g carbs (higher carb day)
80g fat

4:00am 4 caps Indigo-3G
4:20 stimulant
4:45 begin periWO: 1 ANACONDA, 2 MAG-10, 4 SWF
Strength Program: phase 3/3, week 1, day 1 (HFS + Squat Pattern)
postWO: Power Drive
7:15 25g whey, 2 eggs, 11 oz potatoes , 1/4c mozzarella cheese
20g whey/casein/milk protein, 4c Puffed Rice, 2T flaxseed meal
12:00 5oz chxn, 1/2c (dry) brown rice, 1/2c black beans, broccoli, 2tsp EVOO, 2T natty pb
4:00 1 scoop MAG-10
5:00 25g casein protein, 2T homemade almond butter, 1T natty pb, 3T flaxseed meal, 1/2c oats

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Day 74
May 9


TRAINING

Strength Program, Phase 3/3
Day 3, Week 1
Structural Lats/Biceps


FOOD - the extra food at 5:45 wasn't planned, but I was hungry and got caught with my knife in the almond butter jar

3,150 calories
290g protein
280g carbs (lower carb day)
100g fat

4:00am 4 caps Indigo-3G
4:20 stimulant
4:45 begin periWO: 1 ANACONDA, 2 MAG-10, 3 SWF
Strength Program: phase 3/3, week 1, day 2 (Structural Lats/Biceps)
postWO: Power Drive
7:15 25g whey, 2 eggs, 10 oz potatoes , 1/4c mozzarella cheese
20g whey/casein/milk protein, 2c Puffed Rice, 2T flaxseed meal
12:00 5oz chxn, 1/2c (dry) brown rice, 1/2c black beans, broccoli, 2tsp EVOO, 2T natty pb
5:15 1 scoop MAG-10
5:45 2-3oz chxn, 2-3T almond butter and pb, veggies
6:30 25g casein protein, 2T homemade almond butter, 1T natty pb

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

today I changed HFSW to ...

A. Front Squats
B. Bench Press
C. DL

Hopefully I can do this daily without my TFL and ITB flaring up again. Today felt pretty good.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

iDrDan
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1241

Day 75
May 10


TRAINING

Strength Program, Phase 3/3
Day 4, Week 1
HFSW + OH Pattern


FOOD - Once again, the extra food at 6:30 wasn't planned, but I got caught with my knife in the almond butter jar

3,200 calories
265g protein
310g carbs (moderate carb day)
100g fat

4:00am 4 caps Indigo-3G
4:20 stimulant
4:45 begin periWO: 1 ANACONDA, 2 MAG-10, 3 SWF
Strength Program: phase 3/3, week 1, day 3 (HFSW + OH Pattern)
postWO: Power Drive
7:15 25g whey, 2 eggs, 10 oz potatoes , 1/4c mozzarella cheese
20g whey/casein/milk protein, 3c Puffed Rice, 2T flaxseed meal
12:00 5oz chxn, 1/2c (dry) brown rice, 1/2c black beans, broccoli, 2tsp EVOO, 2T natty pb
4:30 1 scoop MAG-10
6:30 2-3oz chxn, 2-3T almond butter and pb, veggies
7:00 25g casein protein, 2T homemade almond butter, 1T natty pb

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

jormanders74
Level 10

Join date: Jan 2010
Posts: 151

Hey iDrDan. Thanks for the comments you left in my log. CT was extremely helpful today with breaking down my form, so I'm looking forward to implementing the changes he suggested.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report