The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Anaconda Protocol Users
 
ANACONDA Protocol 2
1 2 Next Last
 

T NATION
Moderator

Join date: May 1998
Posts: 9906

ANACONDA™ Protocol 2
by TMUSCLE Research Group
04/26/10

The following is not only true, but it's probably going to be some of the most exciting muscle-building information you've ever read.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

mlane16
Level 10

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27

I have a question about a combination of protocol 2 and 1. I am wanting to get the same amount of calories as in protocol 1 but I am planning on using SWF as in protocol 2 instead of the FINiBARs. I plan on doing 3 servings of SWF (6 scoops), 3 servings of ANACONDA and 2 servings of MAG-10. I am curious if someone could tell me how much water I should put into my jug to accomodate all these supplements? Should I just keep the 2,000 ml or add in more water because of the extra SWF? Any help would be appreciated!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

steelechris
Level 4

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 233

mlane16 wrote:
I have a question about a combination of protocol 2 and 1. I am wanting to get the same amount of calories as in protocol 1 but I am planning on using SWF as in protocol 2 instead of the FINiBARs. I plan on doing 3 servings of SWF (6 scoops), 3 servings of ANACONDA and 2 servings of MAG-10. I am curious if someone could tell me how much water I should put into my jug to accomodate all these supplements? Should I just keep the 2,000 ml or add in more water because of the extra SWF? Any help would be appreciated!


It seems with this protocol that 5 scoops equates to 1200 ml so that is around 240 ml per scoop or approximately 8 ounces per scoop (8.12 ounces). If you are going with what you are listing, that is a total of 11 scoops so 2640 ml following their trend, or minimum using ounces of 88 ounces.

I'd be interested to see if there has been testing done by any forum members or TMUSCLE researchers for the saturation limit of these three substances in room temperature water. You have to at least keep enough water to prevent a build up of "grit" at the bottom that could not be absorbed into the solution.

My guess is that you could get away with the 2000 ml of water as this would only reduce the amount per scoop to 180 ml or 6 ounces of water (75% of original) which should still keep the materials in suspension in the solution. I just don't think this will mix quite as easily though so there may be some extra effort involved on your end.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

dayne_lathrop
Level 100

Join date: Sep 2009
Posts: 189

i wouldnt know where else to post this, but i had a question about the Surge Workout Fuel.

in the new protocol, it says that two SCOOPS has 120 carbs, but yet on the label of the workout fuel, it says that 2 SCOOPS (1 serving) is only 64 carbs.

i was just wondering if you take 2 SERVINGS, or 2 SCOOPS? and how many carbs does 2 scoops really have in it? 64, or 120?

also wondering how much difference in building muscle it would have taking only:

2 scoops ANACONDA
1 scoop MAG-10


as opposed to

3 scoops ANACONDA
2 scoops MAG-10

if price or calories wasnt an issue, would the 3 scoops ANANCONDA and 2 scoops MAG-10 have THAT much more of an impact on gaining muscle? or is the difference only slight to where you could still get away with getting great results?

sorry for all the confusing questions, just really excited about trying the new protocol!
thanks for the help!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

mlane16
Level 10

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27

I saw that too. I think they just goofed when they posted it. I think they mean two scoops of Surge Workout Fuel (one serving) equals 64 carbs. If you notice on the Protocol 1 when they mention water amount it states 1200 ml but then at the dosage timing it states you consume up to 2000 ml. I believe the addition of Surge Workout Fuel to the ANACONDA and MAG-10 is directed more towards athletes who are training for strength AND endurance as opposed to just pure hypertrophy and strength.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RayS
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4

dayne_lathrop wrote:
i wouldnt know where else to post this, but i had a question about the Surge Workout Fuel.

in the new protocol, it says that two SCOOPS has 120 carbs, but yet on the label of the workout fuel, it says that 2 SCOOPS (1 serving) is only 64 carbs.

i was just wondering if you take 2 SERVINGS, or 2 SCOOPS? and how many carbs does 2 scoops really have in it? 64, or 120?

also wondering how much difference in building muscle it would have taking only:

2 scoops ANACONDA
1 scoop MAG-10


as opposed to

3 scoops ANACONDA
2 scoops MAG-10

if price or calories wasnt an issue, would the 3 scoops ANANCONDA and 2 scoops MAG-10 have THAT much more of an impact on gaining muscle? or is the difference only slight to where you could still get away with getting great results?

sorry for all the confusing questions, just really excited about trying the new protocol!
thanks for the help!

was wondering about the 2:3 MAG-10:ANACONDA vs the 1:2 MAG-10:ANACONDA as well and if you would rather FINiBARs or Surge Workout Fuel?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Mod Brian
Moderator, Admin

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1525

dayne_lathrop wrote:
i wouldnt know where else to post this, but i had a question about the Surge Workout Fuel.

in the new protocol, it says that two SCOOPS has 120 carbs, but yet on the label of the workout fuel, it says that 2 SCOOPS (1 serving) is only 64 carbs.

i was just wondering if you take 2 SERVINGS, or 2 SCOOPS? and how many carbs does 2 scoops really have in it? 64, or 120?


This was a typo which will be corrected momentarily.

There are 64g carbohydrates per 2-scoop serving of Surge Workout Fuel.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Mod Brian
Moderator, Admin

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1525

dayne_lathrop wrote:
if price or calories wasnt an issue, would the 3 scoops ANANCONDA and 2 scoops MAG-10 have THAT much more of an impact on gaining muscle? or is the difference only slight to where you could still get away with getting great results?


I haven't experimented with this much Anaconda and MAG-10 during training, but I suspect you would see a difference.

Whether that difference is worth the cost will vary by user. The only way you'll know is to experiment on yourself.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

brandon76
Level 100

Join date: Jul 2004
Posts: 654

Mod Brian,

Care to expand on who would benefit using the new protocol VS Protocol #1...obviously the price price drops, but still very effective. What was the reasons for coming up with the new protocol, in addition to less cals when used for fat loss etc...Anything else to comment on???

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Mod Brian
Moderator, Admin

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1525

brandon76 wrote:
What was the reasons for coming up with the new protocol, in addition to less cals when used for fat loss etc


This is the purpose for this protocol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Eazy
Level 100

Join date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1136

Will we ever see a package deal that includes just FINiBARs and ANACONDA? a 4 boxes of FINiBARs with 2 tubs of ANACONDA type situation? Make it happen Brian!!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Mod Brian
Moderator, Admin

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1525

Eazy wrote:
Will we ever see a package deal that includes just FINiBARs and ANACONDA? a 4 boxes of FINiBARs with 2 tubs of ANACONDA type situation? Make it happen Brian!!



It's certainly possible, but I'm not aware of any additional impending supplement packages.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The Mighty Stu
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9894

Nice, I was substituted the Surge Workout Fuel for my 3rd FINiBAR on my lower calorie days during my prep, and things worked out pretty well :)

S

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

steelechris
Level 4

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 233

I'm looking at all of the supplements in this protocol and it seems the limiting factor, the one which would determine the number of workouts for this protocol, is the Surge Workout Fuel with 24 servings, so 24 workouts? It seems everything else goes the distance, and the MAG-10 has 5 scoops left, so would leaving the Surge Workout Fuel out somewhere in the middle for a day cause a noticeable difference in workout intensity?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

earthquake
Level 3

Join date: Jul 2009
Posts: 455

Is the 2nd protocol for someone whose trying to shed some fat?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Kerley
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4765

i am getting this when i run out of FINiBARS.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Kerley
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4765

earthquake wrote:
Is the 2nd protocol for someone whose trying to shed some fat?


thats answered 5 posts above your post.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RayS
Level 1

Join date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4

earthquake wrote:
Is the 2nd protocol for someone whose trying to shed some fat?

yeah if ur on a cut the new protocol 2 has less calories

-can u still put on size using the protocol 2? im looking to put size on but i want to stay as lean as possible

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Efuchs7
Level 5

Join date: Jan 2009
Posts: 590

appropriate meal timing with this one?

How long before I just ate should I wait before consuming the first dose at -10?

How long after the workout is finished and I have the +10 final serving should i consume a postworkout meal?

Would this be an appropriate fatloss protocol if these were the only carbs that were consumed in the day?

I tried this yesterday and it was k0ol. I really like the new Surge Workout Fuel.

I still have Alpha-GPC but rarely use it. I lift explosively. What's the real difference without it?

I usally consume a half a Spike Shooter instead 30 to 60 minutes before.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

zraw
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4110

Am I dreaming or have the prescriptions for the protocol 1 changed?

From what I remember the recommendations were : -20 = 500 ml, -5 = 500 ml, rest thru the workout

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

mmajic
Level 3

Join date: Apr 2005
Posts: 29

I have tried this new protocol by accident..had the SWF from before..just use to mix it with Anaconda and MAG-10 with 2L water...good stuff....now that i have FINIBARS i usually eat one an hour after finishing...i really feel the need to eat and chew after so much liquid...

By question is that could protocol 2 be a prelude to using this along with a V-Diet like situation...or atleast use this along with Metabolic Drive and HOT-ROX to lean out...

i cut the water yesterday to 1600ML instead of 1200ML its better.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PB Andy
Level 100

Join date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9612

BTW there is a typo on Protocol. Either the 500ml x 4 dosages have to change or the 1200ml total has to change.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

greggio
Level 5

Join date: Aug 2008
Posts: 455

Tried this last night, really like it. It is a great option for those of us who can't eat finibars. I have been using swf and recovery pre (like the original protocol) and MAG-10 during. The carbs are lower, but this is so much easier. I am going to try adding a third scoop of swf on a couple days here or there since I am not really trying to cut at this point.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Mike19727
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2002
Posts: 23

For Mod Brian,

Since, I can't handle all of the liquid that is required for Protocol #1, but still need more calories could I add the FINiBARs back in for Protocol #2? And would it be possible to use the same amount of liquid for Protocol #1 as well? Thanks.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Mod Brian
Moderator, Admin

Join date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1525

Mike19727 wrote:
For Mod Brian,

Since, I can't handle all of the liquid that is required for Protocol #1, but still need more calories could I add the FINiBARs back in for Protocol #2? And would it be possible to use the same amount of liquid for Protocol #1 as well? Thanks.


It's fine to include FINiBAR with Anaconda Protocol 2 if you require additional calories.

Both Anaconda Protocol 1 and 2 specify 1,200 ml of water, so you're covered here as well.

[Edit: Protocol 1 actually specifies 2,000 ml, so you may experience digestive issues if you try to mix it in only 1,200 ml. Sorry for the confusion.]

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last