The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Bodybuilding
 
Thunder Cat 2013 Contest Thread
 

Thunder Cat
Level 3

Join date: Jun 2011
Posts: 84

Hercules pics

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Up
Level 3

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1449

Cant see all the pics, but you look incredible in the ones i can see. I can imagine its natural to think the what ifs...I had more time, sleep, easier schedule, but that being said, what you DID accomplish with all that!!!

What a great attitude, that alone will take you far. Congrats Cat!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kravi
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 215

You looked fantastic, and like you belonged up there on the stage. As Up said, most of the pictures aren't yet loaded as I post this, but what I saw looked bloody fantastic. Well done, and you should be proud. And you definitely belonged in the top six. :)

--Me

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Thunder Cat
Level 3

Join date: Jun 2011
Posts: 84

Up wrote:
Cant see all the pics, but you look incredible in the ones i can see. I can imagine its natural to think the what ifs...I had more time, sleep, easier schedule, but that being said, what you DID accomplish with all that!!!

What a great attitude, that alone will take you far. Congrats Cat!


Thank You! I am proud of what I accomplished, but still motivated to work hard. I did everything I could with my physical attributes. what i realize now, is that when you slack off for months at a time, it really is a hinderance. I slacked off quite a bit after my first Hercules contest in 2011... i think it was because i did well and didn't feel as driven after the contest.

I slacked again when we moved & planned the wedding...I realize other things in life take priority over the gym, however, durning those times I could have made a little more effort to get to the gym for even 40 minutes. When I looked up the top three winners for this year, I stumbled upon contest photos from previous years - I could see the major improvements these women made from other contests, you can tell they don't slack off ever! I think the biggest thing I got from this experience is the determination to get to the gym on a consistent basis and not slack off...

Regardless if I enter another contest in the future, I want to be fit and strong, no more slacking, even when life gets busy.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Thunder Cat
Level 3

Join date: Jun 2011
Posts: 84

kravi wrote:
You looked fantastic, and like you belonged up there on the stage. As Up said, most of the pictures aren't yet loaded as I post this, but what I saw looked bloody fantastic. Well done, and you should be proud. And you definitely belonged in the top six. :)

--Me

Thank you! I wasn't happy with my placing, but I've focused on the fact that I was better than last time - which is all you can ask of yourself, so i'm happy with the overall experience. Looking at the top 3 - those competitors were amazing, and rightfully deserved their placing.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Myosin
Level 10

Join date: Feb 2003
Posts: 538

Nice work. Whats up with the promoter lighting you guys from the floor?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Powerpuff
Level 3

Join date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2464

Thunder Cat wrote:
kravi wrote:
You looked fantastic, and like you belonged up there on the stage. As Up said, most of the pictures aren't yet loaded as I post this, but what I saw looked bloody fantastic. Well done, and you should be proud. And you definitely belonged in the top six. :)

--Me

Thank you! I wasn't happy with my placing, but I've focused on the fact that I was better than last time - which is all you can ask of yourself, so i'm happy with the overall experience. Looking at the top 3 - those competitors were amazing, and rightfully deserved their placing.


You look fantastic, Cat. Congratulations!

I know people use contests as a motivator, or to give themselves a deadline, BUT in the end it all comes down to self-improvement and the contest you have with yourself. It's about what you can do with your unique set of circumstances. Always.

And you absolutely have the right attitude. We can appreciate the beauties and talents of others, and not be diminished by them. We can feel true appreciation and be inspired, but not feel like our own progress is somehow less or "not enough" when we realize that there are other people who are better.



  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

I just wanted to pop in and say good job on your competition, for investing the time and effort, and looking at the process (and outcome) in a mature, positive manner.

Remember that although its nice to win a trophy and stand on a podium, the greater accompishment is improving each year/season/competition and being satisfied with your own progress.



From my perspective, and based on the few photos of the "prep" show, I would have placed you first. You had better definition, posture, lower body, and lacked cellulite (I can't believe points weren't deducted for that). As much as stage presence and smiling is nice, it was a Figure competition, not Miss USA. That's a bit crappy, I know you aren't upset over it but if you hit your poses and showed your physique that should have been more than enough.

For the "real" competition there were a number of women I would have placed lower than you, again because they lacked musculature that's fitting for a Figure type competition. The winner looked great though. Maybe the best bet is to get some feedback from judges (which I think you did) and work on improving those areas. You've got a great coach after all.

Good luck and keep posting!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report