The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Bodybuilding
 
Rich Piana
 

kaisermetal
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3748

The Mighty Stu wrote:
kaisermetal wrote:
I just learnt about Rich Piana, very cool videos. but talking about BB interviews nobody beats the Drasin's videos.



I love Drasin. The fact that he was 'there' back in the day, with so many of the names we've heard, and read about over and over, and he's so forthcoming with the stories,.. it just makes me a bit nostalgic for an era I only know about from hearing tales :)

S


Yeah, i always thought he is the best hub with the "past" era. =)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RampantBadger
Level

Join date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2321

Actually think there could be some merit to this( if done once or twice a year)...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2605

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Actually think there could be some merit to this( if done once or twice a year)...



I'm doing it on X Mas eve for my annual High School get together, arms are gonna be swollen and joints are doing to be agony lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

GrizzlyBerg
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2013
Posts: 813

Has anyone seen this video?



I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on it were.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

mntnbiker
Level

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 204

poophead wrote:
Koing wrote:
poophead wrote:
Koing wrote:
RATTLEHEAD wrote:


Great video, it's nice to see the forum members becoming more supportive of one another the past couple of months despite differing sizes, leanness, strengths and goals after a certain negative influence was removed.


Who was removed?

Koing



The dentist.


I never noticed a poster called The dentist powering negatively?! I guess I haven't seen his threads.

Koing


I believe Professor X is the one the poster was talking about.


What happened to the tooth fairy?Did everybody stop believing.....

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

dirtman
Level

Join date: Mar 2012
Posts: 641

Wow looks like he is not with Mutant anymore.

After listening to this interview you might be able to guess why ...someone is "winning'" or has bad ass allergies. But when I think about it he is always snoring. I had to turn off the interview cause I didn't want to listen to him snort in my ear.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

setprsnow
Level

Join date: Aug 2013
Posts: 138

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Monopoly19
Level 3

Join date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1989

Man that is strange. He was just at our gym in Denver all last week shooting for Mutant.

Yes, he is huge. Yes, he's got something in those arms, PMMA probably. Overall him and the other guys were nice and equally big.

I'm 6"4 and 280 right now, they made me look little. Gabe Moen is also just about my height but 330lbs and leaner than me. I really thought about quitting that night, lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

dirtman
Level

Join date: Mar 2012
Posts: 641

[quote]setprsnow wrote:



Yep that was the interview ..snort snort snort ...bugged me to death. Still have love for the guy and mutant for that matter, but wow quit snorting.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2790

My guess is Rich left Mutant because he wanted to be paid more than protein powder jugs and other warehouse discounts or wasn't being paid in the amount he feels he deserved for the amount of traffic he brought them.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2605

BrickHead wrote:
My guess is Rich left Mutant because he wanted to be paid more than protein powder jugs and other warehouse discounts or wasn't being paid in the amount he feels he deserved for the amount of traffic he brought them.


I started taking Rehab just cause he was with them lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2790

RATTLEHEAD wrote:
BrickHead wrote:
My guess is Rich left Mutant because he wanted to be paid more than protein powder jugs and other warehouse discounts or wasn't being paid in the amount he feels he deserved for the amount of traffic he brought them.


I started taking Rehab just cause he was with them lol.


Is that the PWO supplement they have with whey and carbs? I almost got it too, only because Rich was with them. :) FIRST time I ever got swayed to buy any supp because of a "sponsored athlete".

I usually use any carb powder and whey, but I friggin' LOVE raspberry Surge and get that once in awhile because of the taste and to support T-mag in some small way.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2605

BrickHead wrote:
RATTLEHEAD wrote:
BrickHead wrote:
My guess is Rich left Mutant because he wanted to be paid more than protein powder jugs and other warehouse discounts or wasn't being paid in the amount he feels he deserved for the amount of traffic he brought them.


I started taking Rehab just cause he was with them lol.


Is that the PWO supplement they have with whey and carbs? I almost got it too, only because Rich was with them. :) FIRST time I ever got swayed to buy any supp because of a "sponsored athlete".

I usually use any carb powder and whey, but I friggin' LOVE raspberry Surge and get that once in awhile because of the taste and to support T-mag in some small way.


Yeah man, I got it cause I like something more sugary than creamy PWO and it's tough to get Surge over here.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

setprsnow
Level

Join date: Aug 2013
Posts: 138

BrickHead wrote:
My guess is Rich left Mutant because he wanted to be paid more than protein powder jugs and other warehouse discounts or wasn't being paid in the amount he feels he deserved for the amount of traffic he brought them.


i'm sure they paid him quite well, but i think like a lot of people u get to a point where ur like - i have a big enough following of my own, i have good ideas, why keep letting someone else make money off me, y not just make my own money my own way

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2605



Talks about the supplement industry.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StateOfPsychosis
Level 5

Join date: Aug 2008
Posts: 573

I can't help but chuckle at his facial expressions when he trains.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Andre-Jacques
Level

Join date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61

yolo84 wrote:
Mr. Walkway wrote:
yolo84 wrote:
Mr. Walkway wrote:
there are so many things that can be done to artificially increase the side of a muscle. Synthol is only the beginning


what else



shit.. what's it called


edit: nolotil is one of em.. there was another one mentioned in this thread..umm.. legitimate implants (lol)


what top level guys have had implants and were could they have them?

think flex had his calves done one year but beyond that i don't see anyone else

tbh i really don't like the look synthol gives i think jay looks horrible and so does phil

there is a recent vid of jay in india and he looks a downright embarrassment to the sport he is so full of oil

im guessing kai has alot too but it doesn't show at all

the amount of oil in everyone's shoulders is just stupid too looks ridiculous


What about Ernie Taylor`s tris ?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The Mighty Stu
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9893

RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Talks about the supplement industry.


I have a serious issue with his anti-protein powder stance. I've seen many trainers who wouldn't be able to hit their macros with consistency without being able to rely on the occasional shake or added scoop to foods here and there.

Of course I had an old buddy when I lived in LA who used to say that you didn't even need protein if you were taking enough test -lol

S

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2790

The Mighty Stu wrote:
RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Talks about the supplement industry.


I have a serious issue with his anti-protein powder stance. I've seen many trainers who wouldn't be able to hit their macros with consistency without being able to rely on the occasional shake or added scoop to foods here and there.

Of course I had an old buddy when I lived in LA who used to say that you didn't even need protein if you were taking enough test -lol

S


Umm, wasn't he promoting protein and mass gain powders when with Mutant just months ago, like, for example, downing a mass gainer or protein shake while driving in his convertible to his personal training job? :)

I can't see how protein powder shouldn't be included in one or two meals if preferred or necessary. Even if it isn't as good as food, not all of us have the luxury of making a living by being photographed and recorded and thereby allowing enough convenience to cram down 6 to 10 fork-knife-and-tupperware meals a day. Same concept goes for the anti-IIFYM crowd who scoff at eating some highly convenient foods like Pop Tarts, pretzels, bagels, or whatever because they aren't clean, but are easy to stuff down during a work day in between meetings. I even think Charles Loliquin is anti-bananas, the easiest fruit to eat in two bites.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2790

Andre-Jacques wrote:
yolo84 wrote:
Mr. Walkway wrote:
yolo84 wrote:
Mr. Walkway wrote:
there are so many things that can be done to artificially increase the side of a muscle. Synthol is only the beginning


what else



shit.. what's it called


edit: nolotil is one of em.. there was another one mentioned in this thread..umm.. legitimate implants (lol)


what top level guys have had implants and were could they have them?

think flex had his calves done one year but beyond that i don't see anyone else

tbh i really don't like the look synthol gives i think jay looks horrible and so does phil

there is a recent vid of jay in india and he looks a downright embarrassment to the sport he is so full of oil

im guessing kai has alot too but it doesn't show at all

the amount of oil in everyone's shoulders is just stupid too looks ridiculous


What about Ernie Taylor`s tris ?


I idolized Ernie Taylor when I was 19 years old. :) I thought his tris were 100% real; like I thought he just had a freaky bodypart the way Tom Platz had freaky thighs.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2790

setprsnow wrote:
BrickHead wrote:
My guess is Rich left Mutant because he wanted to be paid more than protein powder jugs and other warehouse discounts or wasn't being paid in the amount he feels he deserved for the amount of traffic he brought them.


i'm sure they paid him quite well, but i think like a lot of people u get to a point where ur like - i have a big enough following of my own, i have good ideas, why keep letting someone else make money off me, y not just make my own money my own way


I understand. Not sure if you know my bodybuilding humor yet. ;)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Jlabs
Level 1

Join date: May 2007
Posts: 1224

@ Grizzly I really liked that video. It's so true about how everyone spews the same myths or nonsense without trying it for them selves. This guy seems pretty down to earth, I like how he takes time out to talk to all his fans and give pointers about getting better in general /being friends with those who have something you don't.
I have never followed bodybuilding so alot of the vids thrown up are my first time seeing these guys, besides people in olympia's I've watched kai and cutler's and heaths stuff. Mostly cuz you guys post there stuff. This guy seems legit though.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

jeremielemauvais
Level

Join date: Oct 2012
Posts: 90

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2790

Unfortunately with his new videos he seems to be going down the "f---, f---, f---" road a la CT Fletcher. "F---," "f----g", "mother----r" every other sentence along with some ra-ra-ra stuff a la CT Fletcher. Not my cup of tea but definitely would have been into it ten or more years ago. :)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

_Yogi_
Level

Join date: May 2014
Posts: 2252

my arms are way bigger than his

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report