The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
John Meadows Coaching
 
Lower Bodyfat Dominant
1
 

Muscle185
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Location:
Posts: 12

John,

What do you do when you have a male natty client that holds the majority of his bodyfat in his legs/glutes? I know this is a sign of estrogen dominance. My upper body has to be near ripped before I loose the slightest bit of lower bodyfat. Strange enough, my legs hold a lot of muscle and grow at twice the speed of my upper body. I have cut out the use of plastics, soy, and other estrogen related foods. Any diet or cardio tips?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

yolo84
Level

Join date: Jun 2012
Location:
Posts: 1436

In addition to this:

-what would you suggest for someone who holds all the fat in the stomach, lovehandle and ass areas and is this a sign of any particular hormone issue?
-what dietary recommendations and/or supps if any would you suggest for someone working long hours in an extremely stressful environment?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

yolo84
Level

Join date: Jun 2012
Location:
Posts: 1436

Muscle185 wrote:
John,

What do you do when you have a male natty client that holds the majority of his bodyfat in his legs/glutes? I know this is a sign of estrogen dominance. My upper body has to be near ripped before I loose the slightest bit of lower bodyfat. Strange enough, my legs hold a lot of muscle and grow at twice the speed of my upper body. I have cut out the use of plastics, soy, and other estrogen related foods. Any diet or cardio tips?


do you have a link about this being a sign of estrogen dominance as you claim

thanks

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Muscle185
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Location:
Posts: 12

Any thoughts on this John?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

tork94
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Alberta, CAN
Posts: 1008

lots of curiferous veggies, supplement with lots of zinc

Supplements like d-limonine, DIM, Resveratrol can help

Eat and supplement with lots of fiber (flax, chea, psylium husk.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Spidey22
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 3804

yolo84 wrote:
In addition to this:

-what would you suggest for someone who holds all the fat in the stomach, lovehandle and ass areas and is this a sign of any particular hormone issue?




I honestly hold like 80% of my fat on my lower back/ love handle region (luckily none on the abs all too much). I hear it's an insulin issue, but I've had my best results gaining with LOTS of carbs. CBL and keeping carbs around workouts has helped a bit, but is's still quite aggravating.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Muscle185
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Location:
Posts: 12

tork94 wrote:
lots of curiferous veggies, supplement with lots of zinc

Supplements like d-limonine, DIM, Resveratrol can help

Eat and supplement with lots of fiber (flax, chea, psylium husk.


Tork,

Appreciate the advice. I use zinc, eat lots of curiferous veggies, and lots of ground flax. I have never tried DIM, d-limonine, or resveratrol. What do you think of OTC AIs like Erase?

Thanks

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

tork94
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Alberta, CAN
Posts: 1008

Muscle185 wrote:
tork94 wrote:
lots of curiferous veggies, supplement with lots of zinc

Supplements like d-limonine, DIM, Resveratrol can help

Eat and supplement with lots of fiber (flax, chea, psylium husk.


Tork,

Appreciate the advice. I use zinc, eat lots of curiferous veggies, and lots of ground flax. I have never tried DIM, d-limonine, or resveratrol. What do you think of OTC AIs like Erase?

Thanks


First off, aprox how lean are u currently. Unless you are under 15% I wouldn't worry too much about supplements.

Secondly imo if you were to go with erase. I would personally rather just go and get some actual aromasin and take the minimum dose. That would be WAY cheaper and probably a lot more effective.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Muscle185
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Location:
Posts: 12

tork94 wrote:
Muscle185 wrote:
tork94 wrote:
lots of curiferous veggies, supplement with lots of zinc

Supplements like d-limonine, DIM, Resveratrol can help

Eat and supplement with lots of fiber (flax, chea, psylium husk.


Tork,

Appreciate the advice. I use zinc, eat lots of curiferous veggies, and lots of ground flax. I have never tried DIM, d-limonine, or resveratrol. What do you think of OTC AIs like Erase?

Thanks


First off, aprox how lean are u currently. Unless you are under 15% I wouldn't worry too much about supplements.

Secondly imo if you were to go with erase. I would personally rather just go and get some actual aromasin and take the minimum dose. That would be WAY cheaper and probably a lot more effective.


Tork,

My upper body is around 10-12% while my lower body holds around 15% or so. I am sure you are right about the erase. I wonder how tough it would be to prescribe aromasin if I tested high E levels.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Blaiser
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 149

I would try a very low carb diet for a while. Are you taking Indigo?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

John Meadows
Contributor

Join date: Oct 2010
Location:
Posts: 1726

There is no magic answer for this, unless you can change your DNA. Some people just hold fat in different areas. It may mean a hormone imbalance, but then again it may not.

Tork posted some great advice above that could help.

JM

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

briansays
Level 100

Join date: Jun 2011
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 704

Personally I don't have one so I haven't used it, but I've seen some guys massively lean up their legs by using a Prowler and during lots of pushing and pulling.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

tork94
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Alberta, CAN
Posts: 1008

Muscle185 wrote:
tork94 wrote:
Muscle185 wrote:
tork94 wrote:
lots of curiferous veggies, supplement with lots of zinc

Supplements like d-limonine, DIM, Resveratrol can help

Eat and supplement with lots of fiber (flax, chea, psylium husk.


Tork,

Appreciate the advice. I use zinc, eat lots of curiferous veggies, and lots of ground flax. I have never tried DIM, d-limonine, or resveratrol. What do you think of OTC AIs like Erase?

Thanks


First off, aprox how lean are u currently. Unless you are under 15% I wouldn't worry too much about supplements.

Secondly imo if you were to go with erase. I would personally rather just go and get some actual aromasin and take the minimum dose. That would be WAY cheaper and probably a lot more effective.


Tork,

My upper body is around 10-12% while my lower body holds around 15% or so. I am sure you are right about the erase. I wonder how tough it would be to prescribe aromasin if I tested high E levels.


you could try, although it might be easier to just find a "supplier" who sells other "supplements"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PB Andy
Level 100

Join date: Mar 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 9528

Blaiser wrote:
I would try a very low carb diet for a while. Are you taking Indigo?

Good point. Lyle McDonald has said for that lowering carbs tends to enhance stubborn body fat mobilization. That, plus getting some more blood flow to the legs/glutes via concentric-only work (i.e. various prowler pushes) could probably do some good stuff.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1