The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Bigger Stronger Leaner
 
The Kali Muscle Story
 

Waittz
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2652

Quasi-Tech wrote:
browndisaster wrote:
when we die these posts will be our legacy

my tombstone will have a URL to my profile here


I know this was meant in jest, but I have no intention of anything I do or have done on the Internet be my legacy. I have far greater things to take part in that I would like to be remembered for, and I believe everyone here does too.

No I'm not being Biblical, just literal. And most important is not that which you leave behind for others to remember you by, because you will be forgotten; but to live a life to which brings you fulfillment and a sense of success and happiness. You got one shot, live it for you, not for someone else.


To make this applicable to the topic, that's what Kali is doing. He's making the most with the hand he's been dealt. Whether we agree to it or not, I doubt he cares. At the end of the day if he can go to sleep at night with a clear mind and a smile on his face, then he's further along then a lot of other folks.


No, when he dies he will always be one google image search away from anyone seeing him presenting himself naked and erect for the intent of homosexual men to pleasure themself to for which he recieved money to fund his drug use. That's a legacy, that's never changing, that's how he'll be remembered if he is remembered at all.

You think these types of people are happy? Seriously? Happy people don't need youtube view counts to define their life. And being an ex con isn't getting dealt a poor hand, it's a ramification of poor decision making and morals.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

Different people define happiness in different ways. What about those golddiggers who put out for rich (more often than not) ugly men? They have a hollow relationship but get to enjoy the finer things in life. Is it true happiness? More than likely not, but it fills the void.

I haven't done a search on Kali muscle on Google really, but I thought you had to use his real/other name for that kind of stuff? He'll be forgotten like so many other Youtube faces, small time pro's, etc. It's only the guys that made huge impacts, like Arnold, who will have a true legacy throughout the years.

And my point was, does your legacy really matter when you're worm food? You should live how you wish to and in a way that makes you happy. If being in questionable pictures doing questionable things in order to be a huge mass monster is what he needed to "sacrifice" to be happy, its his choice.


I'd be willing to bet most people aren't happy. Whether they do porn, or have seemingly successful lives. There is always an emptiness and void in us, and we attempt to fill it with things that just don't cut it - alcohol, drugs, money, cars, houses, games, women, etc. etc. They are items we use to give us temporary happiness, when what people are really looking for is true happiness. Hell, I think if you could bottle it and sell it, you'd make Bill Gates look poor.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2787

Quasi-Tech wrote:
Different people define happiness in different ways. What about those golddiggers who put out for rich (more often than not) ugly men? They have a hollow relationship but get to enjoy the finer things in life. Is it true happiness? More than likely not, but it fills the void.

I haven't done a search on Kali muscle on Google really, but I thought you had to use his real/other name for that kind of stuff? He'll be forgotten like so many other Youtube faces, small time pro's, etc. It's only the guys that made huge impacts, like Arnold, who will have a true legacy throughout the years.

And my point was, does your legacy really matter when you're worm food? You should live how you wish to and in a way that makes you happy. If being in questionable pictures doing questionable things in order to be a huge mass monster is what he needed to "sacrifice" to be happy, its his choice.


I'd be willing to bet most people aren't happy. Whether they do porn, or have seemingly successful lives. There is always an emptiness and void in us, and we attempt to fill it with things that just don't cut it - alcohol, drugs, money, cars, houses, games, women, etc. etc. They are items we use to give us temporary happiness, when what people are really looking for is true happiness. Hell, I think if you could bottle it and sell it, you'd make Bill Gates look poor.


Happiness is overrated and overvalued and over discussed I believe.

Are you a Randist?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

No, had to look that up, but I enjoyed her books. One of my favorite from required reading in college (though had already read in college). Anthem and Brave New World are two of my favorites. And there is a lot of similarity with things today.

I certainly enjoy those two authors over folks like Dostoyevski. I wanted to punch someone in the face after reading Notes from the Underground. However good the writing it was just one of those messed up stories.

Do we even have authors today as impactful as those from the past? Damn, now I want to read some more classics.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

T3hPwnisher
Level

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2614

Quasi-Tech wrote:
No, had to look that up, but I enjoyed her books. One of my favorite from required reading in college (though had already read in college). Anthem and Brave New World are two of my favorites. And there is a lot of similarity with things today.

I certainly enjoy those two authors over folks like Dostoyevski. I wanted to punch someone in the face after reading Notes from the Underground. However good the writing it was just one of those messed up stories.

Do we even have authors today as impactful as those from the past? Damn, now I want to read some more classics.


If you have not read Plato's Republic, you owe it to yourself. If you want some misery, read Hobbes Leviathan. I also liked Hume, he kind put things in perspective.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2787

I like both of your posts a lot and think you're good guys, but now see why we do and have PEACEFULLY disagree at times. I'm too much of a collectivist to appreciate Rand at all.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

I'll check those out, thanks Pwnisher! I always enjoy a good book that leaves me thinking. Especially when that thought process involves me shaking my head.

Looking at Plato's Republic on Wikipedia (the brief abstract) makes it sound like a great read. Leviathan looks like a good read also. I believe I've read Hume's A Treatist of Human Nature.


Good stuff. How did we go from them to now? Its mind boggling. You'd think we would have proceeded forward and instead fell backward, down a slippery slope, headfirst into a sinkhole.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

I think there can be an appreciation for a work of art (what I'll group literature under in this case). I can also read/look at some things and though I don't agree with what it portrays, I can agree with the manner in which its portrayed. Like Dostoyevski as an example.

I'd give Brave New World a read though, loved that book. My mind was blown when I read it in highschool. Good stuff!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

browndisaster
Level

Join date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2833

are Rand's books really worth the time? I'm getting buried by my reading list

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

T3hPwnisher
Level

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2614

BrickHead wrote:
I like both of your posts a lot and think you're good guys, but now see why we do and have PEACEFULLY disagree at times. I'm too much of a collectivist to appreciate Rand at all.


Never read any Rand. I minored in philosophy and my graduate and post graduate were heavily based on western political theory, so most of my reading was more based around the social contract theory rather than anything more broad. I just like to read this stuff.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

I've only personally read Anthem, not Atlas Shrugged which I believe is her greater work. I started it after really liking Anthem, and then realized how big the book was and ended up distracted by some other book. Never finished it.


Reading is very enjoyable. The only problem with it, is you miss out on time spent living.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

T3hPwnisher
Level

Join date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2614

Quasi-Tech wrote:
I'll check those out, thanks Pwnisher! I always enjoy a good book that leaves me thinking. Especially when that thought process involves me shaking my head.

Looking at Plato's Republic on Wikipedia (the brief abstract) makes it sound like a great read. Leviathan looks like a good read also. I believe I've read Hume's A Treatist of Human Nature.


Good stuff. How did we go from them to now? Its mind boggling. You'd think we would have proceeded forward and instead fell backward, down a slippery slope, headfirst into a sinkhole.



Leviathan is definitely not a good read, haha. Don't get me wrong, Hobbes makes some great points, especially if you're a budding young misanthrope, but he was trying to make "political science" a science. It means he spends a lot of the book simply justifying the reason why he is even writing it in the first place. It's definitely a project.

Republic is a great read. It's done in a parable style, through the narrative of Plato describing conversations Socrates had.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

mutantcolors
Level

Join date: Feb 2013
Posts: 478

Waittz wrote:
Quasi-Tech wrote:
browndisaster wrote:
when we die these posts will be our legacy

my tombstone will have a URL to my profile here


I know this was meant in jest, but I have no intention of anything I do or have done on the Internet be my legacy. I have far greater things to take part in that I would like to be remembered for, and I believe everyone here does too.

No I'm not being Biblical, just literal. And most important is not that which you leave behind for others to remember you by, because you will be forgotten; but to live a life to which brings you fulfillment and a sense of success and happiness. You got one shot, live it for you, not for someone else.


To make this applicable to the topic, that's what Kali is doing. He's making the most with the hand he's been dealt. Whether we agree to it or not, I doubt he cares. At the end of the day if he can go to sleep at night with a clear mind and a smile on his face, then he's further along then a lot of other folks.


No, when he dies he will always be one google image search away from anyone seeing him presenting himself naked and erect for the intent of homosexual men to pleasure themself to for which he recieved money to fund his drug use. That's a legacy, that's never changing, that's how he'll be remembered if he is remembered at all.

You think these types of people are happy? Seriously? Happy people don't need youtube view counts to define their life. And being an ex con isn't getting dealt a poor hand, it's a ramification of poor decision making and morals.


IMHO happy people don't resort to steroids regardless. Call me crazy.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BrickHead
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 2787

browndisaster wrote:
are Rand's books really worth the time? I'm getting buried by my reading list


If you're a hyperindivualist, you might like them. If you're a collectivist, she will infuriate you.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

BrickHead wrote:
browndisaster wrote:
are Rand's books really worth the time? I'm getting buried by my reading list


If you're a hyperindivualist, you might like them. If you're a collectivist, she will infuriate you.


So either way... yes. Its great to add a couple wrinkles to your brain, and knowing your "enemy" is never a bad thing - depending on which way you swing.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Jnatural
Level

Join date: Mar 2013
Posts: 96

is kali on steroids?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MattyXL
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9477

No just Tuna and Ramen...FUCK DBOL!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Jnatural
Level

Join date: Mar 2013
Posts: 96

LOLz

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The Mighty Stu
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9893

MattyXL wrote:
No just Tuna and Ramen...FUCK DBOL!


Exactly! ...and Hulk Hogan got huge by saying his prayers and eating his vitamins.

S

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Zooguido
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2011
Posts: 373

i like to wear dresses

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MattyXL
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9477

The Mighty Stu wrote:
MattyXL wrote:
No just Tuna and Ramen...FUCK DBOL!


Exactly! ...and Hulk Hogan got huge by saying his prayers and eating his vitamins.

S



Thats right brother!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

usmccds423
Level 5

Join date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10465

The Mighty Stu wrote:
MattyXL wrote:
No just Tuna and Ramen...FUCK DBOL!


Exactly! ...and Hulk Hogan got huge by saying his prayers and eating his vitamins.

S


Don't you ruin this for me!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

infinite_shore
Level

Join date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1541

Quasi-Tech wrote:
Different people define happiness in different ways. What about those golddiggers who put out for rich (more often than not) ugly men? They have a hollow relationship but get to enjoy the finer things in life. Is it true happiness? More than likely not, but it fills the void.

I haven't done a search on Kali muscle on Google really, but I thought you had to use his real/other name for that kind of stuff? He'll be forgotten like so many other Youtube faces, small time pro's, etc. It's only the guys that made huge impacts, like Arnold, who will have a true legacy throughout the years.

And my point was, does your legacy really matter when you're worm food? You should live how you wish to and in a way that makes you happy. If being in questionable pictures doing questionable things in order to be a huge mass monster is what he needed to "sacrifice" to be happy, its his choice.


I'd be willing to bet most people aren't happy. Whether they do porn, or have seemingly successful lives. There is always an emptiness and void in us, and we attempt to fill it with things that just don't cut it - alcohol, drugs, money, cars, houses, games, women, etc. etc. They are items we use to give us temporary happiness, when what people are really looking for is true happiness. Hell, I think if you could bottle it and sell it, you'd make Bill Gates look poor.


DYEL?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Zoro
Level

Join date: Dec 2011
Posts: 100

as far as Huxley is concerned, I thought "Island" was better than "Brave New World", if not as... prophetic.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Quasi-Tech
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1042

infinite_shore wrote:
Quasi-Tech wrote:
Different people define happiness in different ways. What about those golddiggers who put out for rich (more often than not) ugly men? They have a hollow relationship but get to enjoy the finer things in life. Is it true happiness? More than likely not, but it fills the void.

I haven't done a search on Kali muscle on Google really, but I thought you had to use his real/other name for that kind of stuff? He'll be forgotten like so many other Youtube faces, small time pro's, etc. It's only the guys that made huge impacts, like Arnold, who will have a true legacy throughout the years.

And my point was, does your legacy really matter when you're worm food? You should live how you wish to and in a way that makes you happy. If being in questionable pictures doing questionable things in order to be a huge mass monster is what he needed to "sacrifice" to be happy, its his choice.


I'd be willing to bet most people aren't happy. Whether they do porn, or have seemingly successful lives. There is always an emptiness and void in us, and we attempt to fill it with things that just don't cut it - alcohol, drugs, money, cars, houses, games, women, etc. etc. They are items we use to give us temporary happiness, when what people are really looking for is true happiness. Hell, I think if you could bottle it and sell it, you'd make Bill Gates look poor.


DYEL?


Only when I can fit it in between my gaming sessions... how about you?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report