The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Performance Photos
 
I'm Back
1
 

Nate112
Level

Join date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova scotia, CAN
Posts: 940

Hey guys, so I've been gone for a while, I've been going to school in a different province, I plan on restarting a training log and trying my best to keep up with posts on here and such. Here are my stats:

Age: 19
Weight: 210-215
Height: 5'10-5'11
BF: 10-11
Years Training : 4
I started working out for football, and just kept on going. Here's what I've been up to in the past year or so.

If you don't like he music, there's a mute function guys, and ignore the captions, my friend re-edited it for me and was kind enough to throw in "come at me bro".

Anyways, all critiques as usual are welcome, good and bad.


EDIT The last video is of a couple years ago, but I didn't just want a bench video, so I had that thrown in.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Rocky2
Level 2

Join date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1261

Are the weights in the bench press part in lbs? 45lb plates? You did like 22 reps. Jeez.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Nate112
Level

Join date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova scotia, CAN
Posts: 940

Rocky2 wrote:
Are the weights in the bench press part in lbs? 45lb plates? You did like 22 reps. Jeez.


Yeah, they are 45 lbs plates dude.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 5365

So whats the normal diet and training look like? Looking beastly. Keep it up

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Nate112
Level

Join date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova scotia, CAN
Posts: 940

ryanbCXG wrote:
So whats the normal diet and training look like? Looking beastly. Keep it up



I just finished a cut, then went through about 2 weeks of binge eating, right now it's just a pretty lean diet while still maintaining a high amount of calories. I typically eat a large pizza once a week. My training is a pretty normal split, Chest/bi's back/tri's legs and then shoulders. The workouts consist of 1 compound movement I.E bench or squat or cleans, then 3-4 assist movements, like incline bench, fly's all that good stuff. It's been working pretty well.

Also I eat a lot of ice cream because I like reliving my childhood.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The3Commandments
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Location:
Posts: 1238

You're certainly a lot stronger than I am, but I would just suggest losing the "suicide grip" that you employ. I don't know what benefit anyone thinks they derive from that, but it's just so damn dangerous. Just watching that video scares the bejesus out of me because it's the sort of accident that only needs to happen once (e.g. Stafon Johnson) to be really catastrophic.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Nate112
Level

Join date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova scotia, CAN
Posts: 940

The3Commandments wrote:
You're certainly a lot stronger than I am, but I would just suggest losing the "suicide grip" that you employ. I don't know what benefit anyone thinks they derive from that, but it's just so damn dangerous. Just watching that video scares the bejesus out of me because it's the sort of accident that only needs to happen once (e.g. Stafon Johnson) to be really catastrophic.



Yeah, it certainly is more risky, I just prefer the feeling of it, I have pretty solid control over it and usually have someone spotting me. You're right though, it only needs to slip once for my ribs to all break.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

njrusmc
Level 4

Join date: Jun 2008
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 1118

Looking solid man. I'm 5'11 208lbs, about 16% BF and not nearly as strong. About the same height and weight but man, that's great lifting! Don't see that everyday in the weightroom. Keep it up!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Deercalf
Level

Join date: Jan 2010
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 147

Freakishly awesome, that's how i would describe your lifting...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Marzouk
Level

Join date: Jul 2009
Location:
Posts: 3204

Nate112 wrote:
The3Commandments wrote:
You're certainly a lot stronger than I am, but I would just suggest losing the "suicide grip" that you employ. I don't know what benefit anyone thinks they derive from that, but it's just so damn dangerous. Just watching that video scares the bejesus out of me because it's the sort of accident that only needs to happen once (e.g. Stafon Johnson) to be really catastrophic.



Yeah, it certainly is more risky, I just prefer the feeling of it, I have pretty solid control over it and usually have someone spotting me. You're right though, it only needs to slip once for my ribs to all break.


I use that grip aswell, i dislocated my left thumb when doing mma training, when i hold the bar normally it pushes on a nerve in my palm which really fucking hurts. Not my grip of choice but it works.

Crazy strength for reps for 19.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

otar
Level

Join date: Aug 2010
Location: Newfoundland, CAN
Posts: 90

The first couple vids are in the MUN gym, no?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Nate112
Level

Join date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova scotia, CAN
Posts: 940

Thanks Marzouk, and yes Otar they're in the mun gym.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1