The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Get a Life
 
Zyzz Legacy - Happy Birthday, Brah. RIP
 

want2getlean
Level

Join date: Nov 2011
Location:
Posts: 581

Holy christ, some genuinely terrible and childish people in this topic.


So insecure. 'He didn't accomplish anything, wah wah wah, I weigh more, wah wah wah'

Holy FUCK this is pathetic.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

want2getlean
Level

Join date: Nov 2011
Location:
Posts: 581

anonym wrote:
I enjoy how some people, rather than just admit he accomplished a lot but that the things he did don't necessarily appeal to them, instead do everything they can to trivialize his success at such a young age.



This.


'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Iron Dwarf
Level

Join date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 16335

I agree we can't compare him to Arnold on various achievements, but only perhaps in the numbers of those he inspired within his generation.

I'd love to be structured and built like Zyzz, but I'd MUCH rather be built like Arnold in his prime.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Aggv
Level

Join date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 1894

Iron Dwarf wrote:I'd love to be structured and built like Zyzz, but I'd MUCH rather be built like Arnold in his prime.


Wouldn't that be zyzz plus some weight? (and a bit taller)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Iron Dwarf
Level

Join date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 16335

Aggv wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:I'd love to be structured and built like Zyzz, but I'd MUCH rather be built like Arnold in his prime.


Wouldn't that be zyzz plus some weight? (and a bit taller)


You might be right.
But of course potential means nothing until achieved.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Aggv
Level

Join date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 1894

True, but everyone has to start somewhere.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Consul
Level 1

Join date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1244

Hellfrost wrote:
Consul wrote:
anonym wrote:
Defiance wrote:
I aspire to be great, not mediocre, and I am enjoying the process.


>Famous
>Wealthy
>Cult following
>Looks better than 90% of the posters on this site
>Mediocre

Cool story, bro.

I enjoy how some people, rather than just admit he accomplished a lot but that the things he did don't necessarily appeal to them, instead do everything they can to trivialize his success at such a young age.

How old are all of you, and what have you all done that is attention-worthy?


I don't deny that he accomplished a lot by his own standards. I just don't think the comparisons to Arnold were justified.

As I said, good for him. He led the life he wanted to. He fulfilled his own definition of success.


I think the issue with Arnold is that most of the younger generation can't relate to him. He had a fantastic body, but let's face it, none of us can ever even come close to what he achieved. The Zyzz character is something that most introverts sitting in front of a computer can relate. If you have ever read one of Arnolds books, he was literally born looking awesome, and was sleeping with women at the age of 16.

I just don't see how anyone can actually relate to Arnold now a days.


That's a fair point about Arnold. It's probably why he never seemed to have any self-doubt.

How do you think people of the younger generation relate to Zyzz? Serious question. I'm 21, and I don't relate to him. I fully acknowledge that I may be an atypical 21 year old in some respects, so perhaps that's why I don't see it.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Iron Dwarf
Level

Join date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 16335

Aggv wrote:
True, but everyone has to start somewhere.



True, but that's not what I was saying. For all I know, Zyzz reached his goal of how he envisioned himself to look. If so, mission accomplished.

:)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

johnman18
Level 2

Join date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1083

anonym wrote:
Defiance wrote:
I aspire to be great, not mediocre, and I am enjoying the process.


>Famous
>Wealthy
>Cult following
>Looks better than 90% of the posters on this site
>Mediocre

Cool story, bro.

I enjoy how some people, rather than just admit he accomplished a lot but that the things he did don't necessarily appeal to them, instead do everything they can to trivialize his success at such a young age.

How old are all of you, and what have you all done that is attention-worthy?

Exactly! I just don't think his death was a tragedy. I mean I feel horrible for his family and friends. But you can only play with fire so many times before you get burned.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Aggv
Level

Join date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 1894

Iron Dwarf wrote:
Aggv wrote:
True, but everyone has to start somewhere.



True, but that's not what I was saying. For all I know, Zyzz reached his goal of how he envisioned himself to look. If so, mission accomplished.

:)



Speaking strictly about myself, Muscle is like horsepower or money; there is never enough.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report