Building High-Performance Muscle™
Get a Life
 
Trayvon Martin Pt. 2 'The Legacy'
 

DBCooper
Level

Join date: Mar 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 10124

Professor X wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

Still, I have had many Asian students whose parents work full time, or even multiple jobs and are hardly around, and yet the children have still been raised with a sense of the importance of education and hard work.
S



Do you see that this is a cultural issue?



Do most Asians see their only way out of a poor environment to be mostly "sports" or "drugs"?

Do you blame the race alone for the culture it lives in and not the society that nurtured it?


Could you please address these statistics and why they are so skewed?

http://news.yahoo.com/...-070000529.html




Possibly because of the cultural issues involved and not the skin color?


What cultural issues? Obviously skin color is not a determining factor regarding these statistics. The skin color is just a coincidence, I suppose. But what cultural issues lead to blacks committing virtually all of the race-on-race crimes in this country today? Is it a "black culture" issue? Surely you don't think "white culture", for lack of a better term, is such that it forces blacks to commit violent crimes at rates that FAR surpass that of any other racial demographic?

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

DBCooper wrote:
But what cultural issues lead to blacks committing virtually all of the race-on-race crimes in this country today?



The problem would be looking at them as "blacks" in the first place and not people.

  Report
 

installglass
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 454

Professor X wrote:
installglass wrote:

1) I had no idea there was a house party.


Not really relevant to the cultural issue being discussed but ok.



2) Makes no difference. My property. Not theirs. Maybe had I known I would have approached it differently.
3) Whether you believe this or not I would have been on the bad side of this had I approached them. I'm
100% positive.



That may be part of the problem....that you were so POSITIVE that no other way to solve the problem better existed in any circumstance.




It's relevant because you've said that I knew it and chose to call anyway. Did you forget what you said at least twice?

I can't put up with you anymore. You seem to think that because you've had the experiences you've had that you are a better or more intelligent person. I haven't experienced your life and you haven't experienced mine. If you are so ignorant as to believe that I could make my decisions based on your life and experiences you've had you are even more stupid than I once thought. We have different cultural backgrounds and for us to base our decisions based on what the other has gone through is impossible. It's also true whether King X will admit it or not we all profile people around to some extent and that is a product of how and where we grew up. But X never makes any judgement about anyone without walking up to the whole lot and checking their hygiene.

All hail King X!


  Report
 

DBCooper
Level

Join date: Mar 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 10124

Professor X wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
But what cultural issues lead to blacks committing virtually all of the race-on-race crimes in this country today?



The problem would be looking at them as "blacks" in the first place and not people.


You have nothing of substance to say so you resort to this? Okay, I'll play your game. What cultural issues lead people who also happen to self-identify as "black" to commit a grossly disproportionate amount of the crime in this country? If interracial crime is the lowest, most sinister realization of racism in this country, then why are whites considered to be the racists when virtually ALL of race-on-race crime in this country is black people-on-white people crime?

We can safely assume that at least some of the interracial crime in this country happens strictly for racial reasons and not out of coincidence. Given this, how is it that whites, who commit a tiny, tiny, statistically-insignificant amount of the interracial crime in this country, get labeled the racists and blacks aren't. The true racists in this country now are blacks, not whites. Most racially-tinged crime in this country, whether by gross numbers or on a per capita basis, is perpetrated by blacks, not whites. The ONLY laws in effect now that specifically enfranchise one race or one group of ethnicities are those that enfranchise all races other than whites. Affirmative action does not work for whites. There aren't "white" caucuses at the DNC or the RNC.

The pendulum swings both ways. For generation after generation in this country the racial/racist pendulum swung one way. Now it swings the other way. That doesn't mean it's right, but that is simply the way things are now. Blacks aren't the victims here, nor are whites. People who suffer at the hands of criminals today, just like 150 years ago, are the victims. It just so happens that back then it was mostly white-on-black crime; now it's the opposite.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

installglass wrote:

It's relevant because you've said that I knew it and chose to call anyway. Did you forget what you said at least twice?


Whether you knew about a house party or not, the fact still stands that it is NOT wrong to AVOID calling the cops and try conversation instead.


I can't put up with you anymore. You seem to think that because you've had the experiences you've had that you are a better or more intelligent person. I haven't experienced your life and you haven't experienced mine. If you are so ignorant as to believe that I could make my decisions based on your life and experiences you've had you are even more stupid than I once thought. We have different cultural backgrounds and for us to base our decisions based on what the other has gone through is impossible. It's also true whether King X will admit it or not we all profile people around to some extent and that is a product of how and where we grew up. But X never makes any judgement about anyone without walking up to the whole lot and checking their hygiene.

All hail King X! May we all become better people through his powers of ignorance and rhetoric.





This post doesn't even make sense.

I just told you that no one is saying that calling the cops is wrong in all situations. It was told to you that calling the cops could ESCALATE the situation.

What are you even upset about right now?

It was said that cultural background guides response.

Are you able to discuss this at all?

  Report
 

installglass
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 454

installglass wrote:
Professor X wrote:
installglass wrote:

1) I had no idea there was a house party.


Not really relevant to the cultural issue being discussed but ok.



2) Makes no difference. My property. Not theirs. Maybe had I known I would have approached it differently.
3) Whether you believe this or not I would have been on the bad side of this had I approached them. I'm
100% positive.



That may be part of the problem....that you were so POSITIVE that no other way to solve the problem better existed in any circumstance.




It's relevant because you've said that I knew it and chose to call anyway. Did you forget what you said at least twice?

I wasn't positive. You are putting words in my mouth. As usual. I had no idea but didnt want to find out while under someone's boot. You continue to make assumptions with little to no supporting evidence and then base your "factual" opinions on that.

I can't put up with you anymore. You seem to think that because you've had the experiences you've had that you are a better or more intelligent person. I haven't experienced your life and you haven't experienced mine. If you are so ignorant as to believe that I could make my decisions based on your life and experiences you've had you are even more stupid than I once thought. We have different cultural backgrounds and for us to base our decisions based on what the other has gone through is impossible. It's also true whether King X will admit it or not we all profile people around to some extent and that is a product of how and where we grew up. But X never makes any judgement about anyone without walking up to the whole lot and checking their hygiene.

All hail King X!



  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

DBCooper wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
But what cultural issues lead to blacks committing virtually all of the race-on-race crimes in this country today?



The problem would be looking at them as "blacks" in the first place and not people.


You have nothing of substance to say so you resort to this?



That was substance.

You can't look at "blacks doing crime"...and then turn around and say race doesn't matter.




Okay, I'll play your game. What cultural issues lead people who also happen to self-identify as "black" to commit a grossly disproportionate amount of the crime in this country?



The same thing that causes other people from similar cultural backgrounds to do the same....cultural influence, peer influence, societal influence and upbringing.




If interracial crime is the lowest, most sinister realization of racism in this country, then why are whites considered to be the racists when virtually ALL of race-on-race crime in this country is black people-on-white people crime?



Possibly because many of them are the ones looking at this as a "race issue" and not a CULTURAL/SOCIO-ECONOMIC ISSUE?

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

Still waiting on this one.


It was said yesterday that this man is a THUG.


I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what makes him one.

  Report
 

DBCooper
Level

Join date: Mar 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 10124

Professor X wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
But what cultural issues lead to blacks committing virtually all of the race-on-race crimes in this country today?



The problem would be looking at them as "blacks" in the first place and not people.


You have nothing of substance to say so you resort to this?



That was substance.

You can't look at "blacks doing crime"...and then turn around and say race doesn't matter.




Okay, I'll play your game. What cultural issues lead people who also happen to self-identify as "black" to commit a grossly disproportionate amount of the crime in this country?



The same thing that causes other people from similar cultural backgrounds to do the same....cultural influence, peer influence, societal influence and upbringing.




If interracial crime is the lowest, most sinister realization of racism in this country, then why are whites considered to be the racists when virtually ALL of race-on-race crime in this country is black people-on-white people crime?



Possibly because many of them are the ones looking at this as a "race issue" and not a CULTURAL/SOCIO-ECONOMIC ISSUE?


Okay, then why is it that people of a certain cultural background, upbringing and so forth commit a vastly disproportionate amount of the crime in this country? And why do most of those people happen to be black? No matter how you look at it, there is a very concrete, definitive correlation between being black and being a criminal. I'm not arguing that race makes people a criminal. Neither are you. So what DOES make so many blacks criminals, since we can both agree that it isn't their skin color?

  Report
 

installglass
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 454

Professor X wrote:
installglass wrote:

It's relevant because you've said that I knew it and chose to call anyway. Did you forget what you said at least twice?


Whether you knew about a house party or not, the fact still stands that it is NOT wrong to AVOID calling the cops and try conversation instead.


I can't put up with you anymore. You seem to think that because you've had the experiences you've had that you are a better or more intelligent person. I haven't experienced your life and you haven't experienced mine. If you are so ignorant as to believe that I could make my decisions based on your life and experiences you've had you are even more stupid than I once thought. We have different cultural backgrounds and for us to base our decisions based on what the other has gone through is impossible. It's also true whether King X will admit it or not we all profile people around to some extent and that is a product of how and where we grew up. But X never makes any judgement about anyone without walking up to the whole lot and checking their hygiene.

All hail King X! May we all become better people through his powers of ignorance and rhetoric.





This post doesn't even make sense.

I just told you that no one is saying that calling the cops is wrong in all situations. It was told to you that calling the cops could ESCALATE the situation.

What are you even upset about right now?

It was said that cultural background guides response.

Are you able to discuss this at all?


I'm upset because you seem make up "facts" then offer them as some sort of proof. You capitalize on something that was said make an assumption and then offer it as fact. I can't argue with you. Based on your life experiences you KNOW what I should have done. That's ignorant. As a white guy that grew up where and how I did I'm pretty sure I'd feel more comfortable walking up to the 5 guys in robes if they were I your driveway. That doesn't mean I like them. It just means I would feel safer than you would. As a black man growing up where you did you would feel more comfortable or safer approaching a group of perceived thugs. This is a product of our individual pasts. You almost refuse to see that anyone else's opinion or past could be different than yours. Or maybe that the decisions made actually SHOULD be different for two different people.

I don't know if I can talk about this anymore. I feel like I'm talking to a child. I have no patience for that. I have two children of my own and I feel like I can have more intelligent conversations with them.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

DarkNinjaa wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Krinks wrote:
Cut through the fog of this case with the following. Asian immigrants from China mostly come to the west coast with literally nothing. Their children have all of the top spots at the west coast universities to the point they are penalized on admissions.

Lest you think they are genetically and racially superior you need to ask yourself why? What do they have that others don't have? The two answers are:

#1 Strong families
#2 Know the value of hard work

There is nothing these Asians do that the black community couldn't do. Seeing as how they don't, that is on them.


This post seems to ignore the influence of society.


No culture lives in a vacuum outside of social influence.


One thing the Asians do NOT have is the entire destruction of their heritage and ancestry and the relatively recent formation of an entirely new culture in a different relatively hostile society.



Fucking preach.

But let them tell you otherwise. ''Black people have only themselves to blame if they can't do no good with their life''


If you go back two generations, you'd see black entrepreneurs and neighbourhoods were striving.

Actually let's go further back when whites supremacists took lands that black men earned. They also destroyed towns that were built by blacks and thriving.

Black businesses were doing so well that they tried to cut them off from selling to blacks...by force. They could get away with murder and they did.

When Asians came and, the white saw some were uniting with blacks during the civil rights movement, they decided that they were the "good minority", easier to control and influence. They gave them "benefits" for opening up stores in predominantly black areas. Blacks were simultaneously hit by drugs and, broken families resulted in that.


This was a good post.


Yes, society has contributed quite a bit to the destruction of "American Black Culture" simply from the fact that "American Black Culture" is the personification of disenfranchisement when it comes to race.


Blacks in this country didn't just lose their homes as slaves coming here...they lost their entire heritage and culture.....all things NECESSARY for the creation of a solid foundation when it comes to basic morals and ethics and even the base to build further from.

No other race has had their entire history wiped out from the history books. Most blacks in this country couldn't tell you what part of Africa their family came from if you water boarded them.

Ignoring this and acting like it matters little or none at all is ludicrous.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

installglass wrote:


I'm upset because you seem make up "facts" then offer them as some sort of proof.


Actually what you see is an attempt to discuss cultural differences using your experience as an example.




You capitalize on something that was said make an assumption and then offer it as fact. I can't argue with you. Based on your life experiences you KNOW what I should have done.


I didn't say I know what YOU should have done. I said what you did isn't the one right way to handle that situation and could potentially be the worst depending on the situation and culture.



I don't know if I can talk about this anymore. I feel like I'm talking to a child. I have no patience for that. I have two children of my own and I feel like I can have more intelligent conversations with them.



More insults.

Nothing written here seems to be what you are upset about.

You seem to be simply missing the point.

Have a great day.

  Report
 

DBCooper
Level

Join date: Mar 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 10124

Professor X wrote:
DarkNinjaa wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Krinks wrote:
Cut through the fog of this case with the following. Asian immigrants from China mostly come to the west coast with literally nothing. Their children have all of the top spots at the west coast universities to the point they are penalized on admissions.

Lest you think they are genetically and racially superior you need to ask yourself why? What do they have that others don't have? The two answers are:

#1 Strong families
#2 Know the value of hard work

There is nothing these Asians do that the black community couldn't do. Seeing as how they don't, that is on them.


This post seems to ignore the influence of society.


No culture lives in a vacuum outside of social influence.


One thing the Asians do NOT have is the entire destruction of their heritage and ancestry and the relatively recent formation of an entirely new culture in a different relatively hostile society.



Fucking preach.

But let them tell you otherwise. ''Black people have only themselves to blame if they can't do no good with their life''


If you go back two generations, you'd see black entrepreneurs and neighbourhoods were striving.

Actually let's go further back when whites supremacists took lands that black men earned. They also destroyed towns that were built by blacks and thriving.

Black businesses were doing so well that they tried to cut them off from selling to blacks...by force. They could get away with murder and they did.

When Asians came and, the white saw some were uniting with blacks during the civil rights movement, they decided that they were the "good minority", easier to control and influence. They gave them "benefits" for opening up stores in predominantly black areas. Blacks were simultaneously hit by drugs and, broken families resulted in that.


This was a good post.


Yes, society has contributed quite a bit to the destruction of "American Black Culture" simply from the fact that "American Black Culture" is the personification of disenfranchisement when it comes to race.


Blacks in this country didn't just lose their homes as slaves coming here...they lost their entire heritage and culture.....all things NECESSARY for the creation of a solid foundation when it comes to basic morals and ethics and even the base to build further from.

No other race has had their entire history wiped out from the history books. Most blacks in this country couldn't tell you what part of Africa their family came from if you water boarded them.

Ignoring this and acting like it matters little or none at all is ludicrous.


Is this why blacks commit so many more crimes than whites? Give me a fucking break. Look, I don't think anyone here is going to argue that blacks haven't had it pretty rough here in this country. But it's a complete copout to still point to that shit in this day and age. Racism exists. Get over it. It's time for that to be a motivating factor instead of the excuse that you're essentially using it as. People of all sorts of backgrounds, cultures, skin colors, etc. etc have had it bad at one point or another.

The Chinese, the Italians and the Irish in this country didn't have things a whole lot better than blacks did post-Reconstruction, which was fucking years ago, and yet all three of those demographics are much, much more affluent, less apt to be a criminal and generally better off than blacks generally are in this country. For all intents and purposes, post-Reconstruction those three groups came from the same sort of backgrounds that any black born free in this country came from. Why the disparity then?

  Report
 

installglass
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 454

Professor X wrote:
installglass wrote:


I'm upset because you seem make up "facts" then offer them as some sort of proof.


Actually what you see is an attempt to discuss cultural differences using your experience as an example.




You capitalize on something that was said make an assumption and then offer it as fact. I can't argue with you. Based on your life experiences you KNOW what I should have done.


I didn't say I know what YOU should have done. I said what you did isn't the one right way to handle that situation and could potentially be the worst depending on the situation and culture.



I don't know if I can talk about this anymore. I feel like I'm talking to a child. I have no patience for that. I have two children of my own and I feel like I can have more intelligent conversations with them.



More insults.

Nothing written here seems to be what you are upset about.

You seem to be simply missing the point.

Have a great day.


No I haven't missed the point. At all!

Based on your past. Your experiences. You just said you KNOW that my way was the wrong way. I wrote exactly what I was upset about and you ignored it AGAIN. It seems to be recurring here. You picked this apart and responded to very little of it and left the rest behind acting like it doesn't exist. Then condemned for not answering you when it was clearly there and you chose to ignore it. Exactly what I was upset about. You assume things and provide them as fact and furthermore ignore relevant points when it's inconvenient to you view.

You have a good day.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

installglass wrote:

No I haven't missed the point. At all!

Based on your past. Your experiences. You just said you KNOW that my way was the wrong way.



I voiced my perspective. I am not sure why that is such an issue for you when I have already said that no, no one is saying that calling the cops is wrong in all situations.

Yes, my experiences show me that your way may not be the best way.

I am not sure how name calling comes into this.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

DBCooper wrote:

Is this why blacks commit so many more crimes than whites?



How would you know who is doing more crime?

Crime stats only tell who got caught for crime.

  Report
 

DarkNinjaa
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Location:
Posts: 5422

I'm just gonna leave this here...

  Report
 

installglass
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 454

Professor X wrote:
installglass wrote:

No I haven't missed the point. At all!

Based on your past. Your experiences. You just said you KNOW that my way was the wrong way.



I voiced my perspective. I am not sure why that is such an issue for you when I have already said that no, no one is saying that calling the cops is wrong in all situations.

Yes, my experiences show me that your way may not be the best way.

I am not sure how name calling comes into this.



You specifically said my way was not the right way! Now it may not have been.

My point is that you have continued to change things in this conversation to for your needs. For instance I said it turns out there was a party down the road they were to attend. Then you said twice I knew there was a party. Turns put means after that fact. You decided that it was better for your argument if I knew it before hand. You assumed I was in a car and ran with it. You said they were black and ran with it. It's a continuous onslaught of misinformation on your part. Yes I find that ignorant. I'm not insulting you. I pointed out that if I were having a conversation with my children it would be more productive as they don't make up facts when it's convenient and skip over relevant information when it doesn't suit them. If you took that as an insult maybe you should take a look at the way you conduct yourself.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

installglass wrote:
I'm not insulting you. I pointed out that if I were having a conversation with my children it would be more productive as they don't make up facts when it's convenient and skip over relevant information when it doesn't suit them. If you took that as an insult maybe you should take a look at the way you conduct yourself.



You have insulted me...more than once.


Once again, calling the cops can escalate the situation.

If you didn't want anyone discussing your situation at all or showing any views that didn't agree with your own, you shouldn't have shared your story.

This isn't about the house party or your neighbors. All of that could be absent and it wouldn't change my response at all or how I would deal with that situation.

Do you know why?


Because my CULTURE does not breed FEAR OF GUYS IN SAGGING PANTS.

That is the point.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

I would still like to know how DB cooper knows WHO is doing ALL CRIME.


Last I checked, crime stats show who was profiled and who got caught...not who does all crime on the planet.

  Report
 

Jlabs
Level 1

Join date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 1118

Maybe because Europeans created a contradictory racist system that systemically discriminates against those of colour? Socio economic's are heavily intertwined with this as well. If you need to commit crime to make a living because you can't or don't want to work in dead end jobs then you will commit crimes that pay out in the short term. Also racism is so instilled in the train of thought in alot of American's it seems natural where as it is definiteley learned . Also having white privilege works into our favour because theres been many times when police officers will let you off with warnings instead of charging you because you are lighter skinned. In your head your trained to see criminals to be of darker skinned and that's the problem that needs to stop. That would be my explanation for statistically why "blacks" commit more crimes it's because society perceives them as criminals and alot of them will internalize it as well. A good point raised by many black scholars is why do they not portray middle class black families on tv. They mostly show rappers or ball player's when their are more middle class black families then ball players.

  Report
 

Smashingweights
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 1644

"Cultural" is the "genetics" of GAL.

  Report
 

Smashingweights
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 1644

Professor X wrote:
Still waiting on this one.


It was said yesterday that this man is a THUG.


I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what makes him one.

As far as I remember (and after going back to check) only Maiden called that guy a thug and already said why.
I am not sure what more that you are looking for?

  Report
 

Smashingweights
Level

Join date: Apr 2013
Location:
Posts: 1644

Professor X wrote:
DBCooper wrote:

Is this why blacks commit so many more crimes than whites?



How would you know who is doing more crime?

Crime stats only tell who got caught for crime.


lol
Please spare us with this nonsense.
According to the FBI statistics blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites and whites committed 55,685.
Are you really trying to infer that every single black person who committed a crime against a white person was caught while nearly 380,000 whites got away with their crimes against a black individual?

That's what it would take to swing the numbers the opposite direction.
Really?
Come on son.

  Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 51898

Jlabs wrote:
Maybe because Europeans created a contradictory racist system that systemically discriminates against those of colour? Socio economic's are heavily intertwined with this as well. If you need to commit crime to make a living because you can't or don't want to work in dead end jobs then you will commit crimes that pay out in the short term. Also racism is so instilled in the train of thought in alot of American's it seems natural where as it is definiteley learned . Also having white privilege works into our favour because theres been many times when police officers will let you off with warnings instead of charging you because you are lighter skinned. In your head your trained to see criminals to be of darker skinned and that's the problem that needs to stop. That would be my explanation for statistically why "blacks" commit more crimes it's because society perceives them as criminals and alot of them will internalize it as well. A good point raised by many black scholars is why do they not portray middle class black families on tv. They mostly show rappers or ball player's when their are more middle class black families then ball players.



This was a good post.


It is also why a STYLE AND TREND is seen as "criminal"....simply because it is something mostly young black men do.

Style does not denote criminal activity...unless....

  Report
Topic is Locked
This thread has reached its maximum number of replies. Click HERE to start a new topic.