Building High-Performance Muscle™
Get a Life
 
New Movie Trailers and Spoilers
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2246



Emily Blunt is just the perfect woman.

  Report
 

roybot
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 6586

GrizzlyBerg wrote:
coolnatedawg wrote:
GrizzlyBerg wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Boba Fett and Han Solo spinoff movies in the works...


According to reports, Disney plan the spin-off films to include vehicles for Han Solo and Boba Fett. Solo's film would be set in the time period between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope, while the Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi.

I like the idea of a Boba Fett solo film, but I just have a bad feeling about it. (No pun intended.)


Unrelated: the latest rumor is that Dwayne Johnson might be Green Lantern John Stewart in the next year or two. With the flop that was Ryan Reynolds' GL, do we think The Rock will be enough to start it fresh, figuring they learned their mistakes from the last one?


I was thinking that Idris Elba would have been a solid choice for John Stewart.

Whoever gets it will have a lot of work ahead of them. The bright side is it can't possibly suck more than what they already made.


But why can't we let it all die from our memories first? Why do we have to have reboots only a few years?!


I think in this particular case they are doing it because they want to do a Justice League movie sometime in the next 5 years. Same reason they are kind-of-sort-of rebooting/bringing back Batman.

But overall, I agree that Hollywood needs to chill it with reboots. Especially if the original is still in our recent memory. If you don't get nostalgic over a reboot, they are doing it wrong.



They should've given Superman the same chance at a solo franchise as they gave Batman before even thinking about an expanded DC universe. It wasn't so long ago that they were promoting Man of Steel as Christopher Nolan's revamp of Superman. Setting him against a new version of Batman seems like they've strayed too far from the original concept.

  Report
 

roybot
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 6586

coolnatedawg wrote:
GrizzlyBerg wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Boba Fett and Han Solo spinoff movies in the works...


According to reports, Disney plan the spin-off films to include vehicles for Han Solo and Boba Fett. Solo's film would be set in the time period between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope, while the Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi.

I like the idea of a Boba Fett solo film, but I just have a bad feeling about it. (No pun intended.)


Unrelated: the latest rumor is that Dwayne Johnson might be Green Lantern John Stewart in the next year or two. With the flop that was Ryan Reynolds' GL, do we think The Rock will be enough to start it fresh, figuring they learned their mistakes from the last one?


I was thinking that Idris Elba would have been a solid choice for John Stewart.

Whoever gets it will have a lot of work ahead of them. The bright side is it can't possibly suck more than what they already made.


But why can't we let it all die from our memories first? Why do we have to have reboots only a few years?!



It's more of a quasi-reboot. There'll be no new origin story. The intention is to retain the back story as seen in the GL movie but with a different ring-wearer.

  Report
 

jjackkrash
Level 3

Join date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 6019

RATTLEHEAD wrote:


Emily Blunt is just the perfect woman.


She's probably better in this than Andie MacDowell was, but Tom Cruise is no match for Bill Murray.

  Report
 

roybot
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 6586

The Monkey King:



Could be a triumph or disaster. Looks too serious . Needs more Stephen Chow.

  Report
 

MaximusB
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2006
Location: California, USA
Posts: 13998

Star Wars 7 Update


Disney and Lucasfilm are considering Ed Speleers of "Downton Abbey," John Boyega of "Attack the Block," Jesse Plemons of "Breaking Bad," and theater actors Matthew James Thomas and Ray Fisher to play the lead role of a Jedi apprentice, the report says.


In February, reports surfaced that Adam Driver of the HBO series "Girls" had been cast as the main villain in "Star Wars: Episode VII," making him the first major cast member to be revealed.

Filming begins in London in May


http://www.latimes.com/...y#ixzz2wQlfEbKC


  Report
 

kevinm1
Level 5

Join date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2396

MaximusB wrote:
Star Wars 7 Update


Disney and Lucasfilm are considering Ed Speleers of "Downton Abbey," John Boyega of "Attack the Block," Jesse Plemons of "Breaking Bad," and theater actors Matthew James Thomas and Ray Fisher to play the lead role of a Jedi apprentice, the report says.


In February, reports surfaced that Adam Driver of the HBO series "Girls" had been cast as the main villain in "Star Wars: Episode VII," making him the first major cast member to be revealed.

Filming begins in London in May


http://www.latimes.com/...y#ixzz2wQlfEbKC





I cared in 98 then that happened, now that star wars is Disney owned I have no hope for these films

  Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2246

kevinm1 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Star Wars 7 Update


Disney and Lucasfilm are considering Ed Speleers of "Downton Abbey," John Boyega of "Attack the Block," Jesse Plemons of "Breaking Bad," and theater actors Matthew James Thomas and Ray Fisher to play the lead role of a Jedi apprentice, the report says.


In February, reports surfaced that Adam Driver of the HBO series "Girls" had been cast as the main villain in "Star Wars: Episode VII," making him the first major cast member to be revealed.

Filming begins in London in May


http://www.latimes.com/...y#ixzz2wQlfEbKC





I cared in 98 then that happened, now that star wars is Disney owned I have no hope for these films


The horrendous prequel trilogy actually gives me hope because, quite frankly, how much worse could it get?

They seem to have all the right cards set up for success:

1) Hiring the talent that made the original trilogy a success
2) Hiring a director that is a massive original trilogy fan and has shown competence in making Star Wars films under the guise of Star Trek
3) Completely ditching all expanded universe timeline shit
4) Focusing on new leads with Han, Luke & Leia in the background
5) NO FUCKING GEORGE LUCAS

However, I am indeed a massive fan so I will always be excited. Hell, I can't wait to collect all the fucking action figures! Same goes with Jurassic World.

  Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2246

:O

  Report
 

strungoutboy21
Level 5

Join date: Nov 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3042

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
:O


That video doesn't work but I looked it up.

Why do the Sentinels look so retarded?

  Report
 

kevinm1
Level 5

Join date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2396

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
:O


That video doesn't work but I looked it up.

Why do the Sentinels look so retarded?[/quote]
Bryan singer and fox 'nuff said

  Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2246

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
:O


That video doesn't work but I looked it up.

Why do the Sentinels look so retarded?[/quote]

It does work, for UK viewers :).

  Report
 

coolnatedawg
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2006
Location: District of Columbia, USA
Posts: 2965

I'm stoked for it. I wish the Sentinels looked like the original but I guess they were made more modern. In reality, they were such filler in the cartoon and I don't recall if they ever really posed much of a problem (unless you were Morph).

I still hate how Quicksilver looks like a Saturday morning cartoon character

  Report
 

usmccds423
Level 5

Join date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 7606

coolnatedawg wrote:
I'm stoked for it. I wish the Sentinels looked like the original but I guess they were made more modern. In reality, they were such filler in the cartoon and I don't recall if they ever really posed much of a problem (unless you were Morph).

I still hate how Quicksilver looks like a Saturday morning cartoon character


Poor Morph...

I recently watched an episode of the 90s cartoon, terrible. Absolutely terrible. It's amazing what you love when you're a kid.

  Report
 

Chris Colucci
Contributor

Join date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 6255

Hercules. With The Rock. As Hercules.



I'll be honest, I'm not totally feeling the beard. It looks costume-y. Other than that, I have a feeling the movie won't disappoint.


Also, it looks like they're using the Baywatch font.

  Report
 

The Mighty Stu
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 9491

Chris Colucci wrote:
Hercules. With The Rock. As Hercules.

I'll be honest, I'm not totally feeling the beard. It looks costume-y. .


I read online that's it'sd actual Yak hair. Not sure if that's supposed to help stir up excitement for the film or not -lol

S

  Report
 

dt79
Level

Join date: Jan 2013
Location:
Posts: 236

Chris Colucci wrote:
Hercules. With The Rock. As Hercules.



Its going to be a great year.

  Report
 

Diddy Ryder
Level 2

Join date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 475

Japanese remake of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. This was screening near me last week but I missed it :/ One of my favourite Westerns.

No subs on the trailer, sorry.

  Report
 

Chris Colucci
Contributor

Join date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 6255

The Mighty Stu wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
Hercules. With The Rock. As Hercules.

I'll be honest, I'm not totally feeling the beard. It looks costume-y. .

I read online that's it'sd actual Yak hair. Not sure if that's supposed to help stir up excitement for the film or not -lol

S

Did The Rock reach into the belly of that yak and rip out its heart?

  Report
 

kevinm1
Level 5

Join date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2396

coolnatedawg wrote:
I'm stoked for it. I wish the Sentinels looked like the original but I guess they were made more modern. In reality, they were such filler in the cartoon and I don't recall if they ever really posed much of a problem (unless you were Morph).

I still hate how Quicksilver looks like a Saturday morning cartoon character



Well Xavier's evil twin sister, who he killed in the womb but her telepathic powers allowed her to live, used the sentinals to destroy genosha after magneto had annexed it and set it up as a refuge for mutants basically killing a bunch of useless characters, then in House of M Scarlet Witch finished the rest off by using her powers and turning off the m gene.

  Report
 

silverblood
Level

Join date: Sep 2003
Location: South Carolina, USA
Posts: 1112

.

  Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2246

Prometheus 2 set for March 2016.

I actually really enjoyed the first one. However, if answers are not provided in this instalment - it truly is a piece of shit.

http://www.movieswithbutter.co...

  Report
 

strungoutboy21
Level 5

Join date: Nov 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3042

RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Prometheus 2 set for March 2016.

I actually really enjoyed the first one. However, if answers are not provided in this instalment - it truly is a piece of shit.

http://www.movieswithbutter.co...

The first one looked great, but the story had a bunch of holes in it and some of it was just plain stupid. This honest trailer explains some of the problems in a funny way.

  Report
 

coolnatedawg
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2006
Location: District of Columbia, USA
Posts: 2965

kevinm1 wrote:
coolnatedawg wrote:
I'm stoked for it. I wish the Sentinels looked like the original but I guess they were made more modern. In reality, they were such filler in the cartoon and I don't recall if they ever really posed much of a problem (unless you were Morph).

I still hate how Quicksilver looks like a Saturday morning cartoon character



Well Xavier's evil twin sister, who he killed in the womb but her telepathic powers allowed her to live, used the sentinals to destroy genosha after magneto had annexed it and set it up as a refuge for mutants basically killing a bunch of useless characters, then in House of M Scarlet Witch finished the rest off by using her powers and turning off the m gene.


That seems like such a crazy story line! This goes way beyond my knowledge. I wasn't a comic book kid so my love for XMen is based solely on the cartoon series and even then some of it lost me at points if I remember correctly.

  Report
 

RATTLEHEAD
Level 1

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2246

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Prometheus 2 set for March 2016.

I actually really enjoyed the first one. However, if answers are not provided in this instalment - it truly is a piece of shit.

http://www.movieswithbutter.co... [/quote]
The first one looked great, but the story had a bunch of holes in it and some of it was just plain stupid. This honest trailer explains some of the problems in a funny way.


Half in the Bag did it better lol





  Report