The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Get a Life
 
Beasite Boys MCA Dead?
1
 

ChongLordUno
Level

Join date: Sep 2011
Posts: 472

http://www.tmz.com/...dam-yauch-dead/

Always had a soft spot for the beasties

RIP

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Ulty
Level

Join date: Jan 2011
Posts: 363

dammit, sad day

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

WhiteFlash
Level 1

Join date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9651

Rakim was once quoted as saying he could've got 20 albums worth of beats off of Pauls Boutique alone. Their timing, instrumental arrangement, musical ability and showmanship were off the charts. They're one of the few bands that have remained culturally relevant throughout the years, and it's with talent, not gimmicks. Not sure people understand just how truly ahead of their time the Beastie Boys are. This is a sad day for music. RIP.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Chilliwack
Level

Join date: Aug 2011
Posts: 65

WhiteFlash wrote:
Rakim was once quoted as saying he could've got 20 albums worth of beats off of Pauls Boutique alone. Their timing, instrumental arrangement, musical ability and showmanship were off the charts. They're one of the few bands that have remained culturally relevant throughout the years, and it's with talent, not gimmicks. Not sure people understand just how truly ahead of their time the Beastie Boys are. This is a sad day for music. RIP.


x2

The Beastie Boys were not "a band that I used to listen to". They always had a relevant album, and all of their back catalogue never got old.

I remember stealing my first grade teacher's tape player with my buddy to listen to his brother's License to Ill tape at recess.

Genuinely bummed about this.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

polo77j
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7667

Chilliwack wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Rakim was once quoted as saying he could've got 20 albums worth of beats off of Pauls Boutique alone. Their timing, instrumental arrangement, musical ability and showmanship were off the charts. They're one of the few bands that have remained culturally relevant throughout the years, and it's with talent, not gimmicks. Not sure people understand just how truly ahead of their time the Beastie Boys are. This is a sad day for music. RIP.


x2

The Beastie Boys were not "a band that I used to listen to". They always had a relevant album, and all of their back catalogue never got old.

I remember stealing my first grade teacher's tape player with my buddy to listen to his brother's License to Ill tape at recess.

Genuinely bummed about this.


Check Ya Head and License to Ill were on constant rotation in my hand me down hoopdy in high school .. then I discovered Paul's Boutique and it was all over

RIP MCA

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Dr.Matt581
Level 1

Join date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1290

I heard about this on the way home, it sure does suck. I always liked them. Paul's Boutique is almost always in my music rotation. I think I will go through all their albums while grading papers this weekend in memory of the man. RIP MCA

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

JingleBalls
Level

Join date: May 2012
Posts: 16

Super sad!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

rds63799
Level

Join date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3730

That sucks.

Beastie Boys were the best live act I've ever seen

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

four60
Level 1

Join date: May 2006
Posts: 7344

All the guys I listened to as a kid are passing on.

RIP

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

byukid
Level 4

Join date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2625

Dang. No one rocked the mic like the Beastie Boys.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

WhiteFlash
Level 1

Join date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9651

polo77j wrote:
Chilliwack wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Rakim was once quoted as saying he could've got 20 albums worth of beats off of Pauls Boutique alone. Their timing, instrumental arrangement, musical ability and showmanship were off the charts. They're one of the few bands that have remained culturally relevant throughout the years, and it's with talent, not gimmicks. Not sure people understand just how truly ahead of their time the Beastie Boys are. This is a sad day for music. RIP.


x2

The Beastie Boys were not "a band that I used to listen to". They always had a relevant album, and all of their back catalogue never got old.

I remember stealing my first grade teacher's tape player with my buddy to listen to his brother's License to Ill tape at recess.

Genuinely bummed about this.


Check Ya Head and License to Ill were on constant rotation in my hand me down hoopdy in high school .. then I discovered Paul's Boutique and it was all over

RIP MCA


I had literally every studio album they've done on my ipod. As much as I like some of their more popular stuff, their instrumentals are what always hit me the hardest. It's not often that something that's not in my immediate surroundings effects me, but I'm legitimately bummed today. Gonna jam Ricky's Theme with the windows down on the way home from work.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Viernes
Level

Join date: Mar 2012
Posts: 161

Man this is a bummer.

He made a helluva inpact for the time he was here though. RIP MCA

His turn on the mic was always badass, no matter the track. He brought it direct. RIP.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

jjackkrash
Level 3

Join date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6987

I'm watching their video anthology on DVD right now.

If you guys haven't checked it out yet, MCA's short film runs on Palladium pretty often and its fucking great:

http://www.examiner.com/...s-dance-contest

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1