The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Get a Life
 
Mass Effect 3
 

DarkNinjaa
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5422

Robert A wrote:

Never thought about it. I don't think have his voice. I don't have his height. But somehow I am taking this as a complement.

Does this mean I should go calibrate the guns?

Regards,

Robert A



:)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PB Andy
Level 100

Join date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9565

I finished the game...


...



...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

DarkNinjaa
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5422

PB Andy wrote:
I finished the game...


...



...



Ehehehe

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

hungry4more
Level 2

Join date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6731

I hate myself for reading this thread as I approach the end of the game. WTF is wrong with me?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

DarkNinjaa
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5422

You're insane.



Lol

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

hungry4more
Level 2

Join date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6731

Even though I'm obviously gonna finish playing it...I feel like it's just gonna make me sad. I don't wanna be sad.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1408

PB Andy wrote:
I finished the game...


...



...


Well put.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Robert A
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2032

TheJonty wrote:
PB Andy wrote:
I finished the game...


...



...


Well put.


That is actually the most positive review of the ending in this thread. Compared to the rest it is the one posted.

Mass Effect 3's ending has left the critics speechless.

...

-wrote PB Andy

I think the "DLC" should be a third disc/expansion pack like Dragon Age Awakening was. 15-20 hours of added material. Price it at $30-40. It can be a few choice wheel conversations and a ton of fighting/frantic battles. Hell, the "take back the earth" can be one giant hell/D-Day battle and that would be less programming heavy. Just work with the engine. Do a real epilogue with text over still scenes, ideally read in Liara's time capsule voice.

Regards,

Robert A

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PB Andy
Level 100

Join date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9565

I think the DLC should be free after that garbage. lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

77 Style
Level 1

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 64

I didn't really HATE the ending, don't think it's as bad as all the flack it's getting & think it's a huge mistake on Biowares part to try & "fix" it. I'm playing it again with my other saved Shep & will probably play a third time with a totally clean Shep.




SPOILERS. . . .



Anybody else think it woulda been kind of a sweet Sopranoes style eff you if it had ended right when you fall that last time? (right before Marauder Shields). Big explosion, you fall, black screen, credits. . . imagine the screams of anguish!






END SPOILER. . . .

Really hoping for a Mass Effect Complete edition with all 3 plus all the DLC, maybe next Winter.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1408

OK, those of you who've already played through the game, I've got a question for you . . .

SPOILERS







When you were on Tuchanka, deciding whether or not to cure the genophage, how did you let that play out? My only playthrough so far was as a full-blown renegade (so even when in my head I'm screaming "Dammit! No!" I'm tilting the stick down and to the right in convos or hitting that right trigger prompt), and so when the time came and Mordin informed me he was heading up the tower to fix the machines so the cure would work, I told him he couldn't go.

He figured out why in about a nanosecond, I pulled my pistol on him, he tried to call my bluff and I shot him in the back as he walked onto that elevator. Watching him bleed out as he crawled across the floor of that lab, while the tower started to crumble around him, grunting and groaning about how it wasn't too late before he came up just short . . . I legitimately felt like a giant douche nozzle. Didn't help that 5-10 hours of gameplay later Wrex shows up on the citadel saying "I know what you did" and I wound up killing him too. It almost annoys me that a game can make me feel that way.

Just curious what decisions you guys made there. All my friends who've played that part, when I tell them I shot Mordin in the back they're always "You did WHAT??"






END SPOILERS

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

hungry4more
Level 2

Join date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6731

Ok, so I finished it...and I thought it was pretty good. I agree that it sucks how it turns out none of your decision matter, that's my only real gripe. But the simple idea of "everyone does NOT win", I like. I give the ending a 7/10.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PB Andy
Level 100

Join date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9565

TheJonty wrote:
OK, those of you who've already played through the game, I've got a question for you . . .

SPOILERS







When you were on Tuchanka, deciding whether or not to cure the genophage, how did you let that play out? My only playthrough so far was as a full-blown renegade (so even when in my head I'm screaming "Dammit! No!" I'm tilting the stick down and to the right in convos or hitting that right trigger prompt), and so when the time came and Mordin informed me he was heading up the tower to fix the machines so the cure would work, I told him he couldn't go.

He figured out why in about a nanosecond, I pulled my pistol on him, he tried to call my bluff and I shot him in the back as he walked onto that elevator. Watching him bleed out as he crawled across the floor of that lab, while the tower started to crumble around him, grunting and groaning about how it wasn't too late before he came up just short . . . I legitimately felt like a giant douche nozzle. Didn't help that 5-10 hours of gameplay later Wrex shows up on the citadel saying "I know what you did" and I wound up killing him too. It almost annoys me that a game can make me feel that way.

Just curious what decisions you guys made there. All my friends who've played that part, when I tell them I shot Mordin in the back they're always "You did WHAT??"






END SPOILERS

lol wow. I didn't even know you could do that. Yeah man, that could be the douchiest move in Mass effect history, LOL

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

PB Andy
Level 100

Join date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9565

hungry4more wrote:
Ok, so I finished it...and I thought it was pretty good. I agree that it sucks how it turns out none of your decision matter, that's my only real gripe. But the simple idea of "everyone does NOT win", I like. I give the ending a 7/10.

SPOILER


I wasn't mad about how 'everyone doesn't win' part... I was mad about for a few reasons.

1) The ending is the same for everyone (basically). Regardless of how you played your character, all those side-missions you did, or whether you played 120 hours or just rushed through the game, it just didn't matter. Everything you did in the game mattered, until the ending, where it was largely the same. The game seemed limitless until the end.

2) The mass relays blow up... leaving that whole armada outside of Earth's atmosphere, and Earth cannot obviously support everyone's existence. Everything you just did to save Earth doesn't matter because everyone's going to die anyways from a lack of resources/starvation. THAT'S RETARDED.

3) Your Normandy crew... somehow they all get back on the Normandy and ABANDON Shepherd? After they've been following him this whole time? They WOULD NOT do that. It just didn't make sense.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Robert A
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2032

TheJonty wrote:
OK, those of you who've already played through the game, I've got a question for you . . .

SPOILERS







When you were on Tuchanka, deciding whether or not to cure the genophage, how did you let that play out? My only playthrough so far was as a full-blown renegade (so even when in my head I'm screaming "Dammit! No!" I'm tilting the stick down and to the right in convos or hitting that right trigger prompt), and so when the time came and Mordin informed me he was heading up the tower to fix the machines so the cure would work, I told him he couldn't go.

He figured out why in about a nanosecond, I pulled my pistol on him, he tried to call my bluff and I shot him in the back as he walked onto that elevator. Watching him bleed out as he crawled across the floor of that lab, while the tower started to crumble around him, grunting and groaning about how it wasn't too late before he came up just short . . . I legitimately felt like a giant douche nozzle. Didn't help that 5-10 hours of gameplay later Wrex shows up on the citadel saying "I know what you did" and I wound up killing him too. It almost annoys me that a game can make me feel that way.

Just curious what decisions you guys made there. All my friends who've played that part, when I tell them I shot Mordin in the back they're always "You did WHAT??"






END SPOILERS



You killed Mordin you asshole!

WTF?

Why?

It's Mordin.



Mordin.

Then you killed Wrex, the guy who trusted/understood when you nuked the genophage cure in ME1, left himself flapping in the wind by vouching for you and adopting a "tank born" Krogan to help you in ME2, and was willing to go "all in" to save earth and the Turian home planet in ME3.

That is cold.

It would explain the Normandy/Joker/your love interest all bailing at the end though.

SPOILER

Here is the ending I got(not my video)



Regards,

Robert A

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Cephalic_Carnage
Level 5

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8850

PB Andy wrote:
hungry4more wrote:
Ok, so I finished it...and I thought it was pretty good. I agree that it sucks how it turns out none of your decision matter, that's my only real gripe. But the simple idea of "everyone does NOT win", I like. I give the ending a 7/10.

SPOILER


I wasn't mad about how 'everyone doesn't win' part... I was mad about for a few reasons.

1) The ending is the same for everyone (basically). Regardless of how you played your character, all those side-missions you did, or whether you played 120 hours or just rushed through the game, it just didn't matter. Everything you did in the game mattered, until the ending, where it was largely the same. The game seemed limitless until the end.

2) The mass relays blow up... leaving that whole armada outside of Earth's atmosphere, and Earth cannot obviously support everyone's existence. Everything you just did to save Earth doesn't matter because everyone's going to die anyways from a lack of resources/starvation. THAT'S RETARDED.

3) Your Normandy crew... somehow they all get back on the Normandy and ABANDON Shepherd? After they've been following him this whole time? They WOULD NOT do that. It just didn't make sense.


It was also short (in terms of what happened) and unsatisfying/did not explain shit.

Completely out of place compared with the way the games are/feel like otherwise.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Cephalic_Carnage
Level 5

Join date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8850

Spoilers ahead:





FWIW I found it odd that Mordin died. Ok, makes sense as he is old by salarian standards and so on, but... Even with all the serious stuff he was involved in, he is still sort of the comic relief of the series...
Guess they wanted him to go out with a bang.

Grunt on the other hand survived in my paragon playthrough even though I chose to save the rachni queen again... That was a pleasant surprise... You hear about how his squad buys it, and then you see him go off into what appears to be his final battle... And then comes back covered head to toe in blood... And you think "oh shit, he's going to die now"... And then he doesn't, hahaha. Awesome.
I only got some rachni workers to show for it though. Rather disappointing considering that you have to help the rachni all throughout the series to get this. You'd think the queen'd send you a swarm of warriors and vessels, too.

If you killed the queen in ME1 but save the one in ME3, you're in for a nasty surprise btw... Though only in text form in the stupid journal.




Situations like that (sacrifice a squad of krogan to save the rachni) come across as somewhat forced to me though... Given that you have no trouble slaughtering hundreds of reaper drones with just your 3-person squad...
Shit, give me my squad and that one team of Krogan with Grunt leading them and we'll take back the Earth by ourselves. Shepard can take out any reaper destroyer by him/herself on foot apparently, so I guess with 10 people or whatever, a dreadnought should be doable? :)




/end spoilers

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

optheta
Level 1

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3592

Robert A wrote:

It's Mordin.



Mordin.


Regards,

Robert A


Best line in the WHOLE DAM GAME, "Had to be me, some else might have gotten wrong." Soo fucken good.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

DarkNinjaa
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5422

TheJonty wrote:
OK, those of you who've already played through the game, I've got a question for you . . .

SPOILERS


When you were on Tuchanka, deciding whether or not to cure the genophage, how did you let that play out? My only playthrough so far was as a full-blown renegade (so even when in my head I'm screaming "Dammit! No!" I'm tilting the stick down and to the right in convos or hitting that right trigger prompt), and so when the time came and Mordin informed me he was heading up the tower to fix the machines so the cure would work, I told him he couldn't go.

He figured out why in about a nanosecond, I pulled my pistol on him, he tried to call my bluff and I shot him in the back as he walked onto that elevator. Watching him bleed out as he crawled across the floor of that lab, while the tower started to crumble around him, grunting and groaning about how it wasn't too late before he came up just short . . . I legitimately felt like a giant douche nozzle. Didn't help that 5-10 hours of gameplay later Wrex shows up on the citadel saying "I know what you did" and I wound up killing him too. It almost annoys me that a game can make me feel that way.

Just curious what decisions you guys made there. All my friends who've played that part, when I tell them I shot Mordin in the back they're always "You did WHAT??"


END SPOILERS



*Facepalm* SHIT.


Fuck you for killing Mordin. Fuuuuuuuuuck you.



LOL



Even though I played as renegade, I couldn't.... I just couldn't do it. Also, the Krogans are as fiery/feisty as I am. I felt like I had to help them with the genophage.



*SPOILERS*

I feel you on the guilt part. In my second playthrough, I had to choose between Quarians and Geths. I had managed to bring the peace between the two when I played the first time.

The second time, I didn't give a shit about the Quarians and I stood there, cold hearted, as I watched their ships burst into flames before crashing down into the sea. However, Tali's suicide after that saddened me for a couple of hours. Some of the squad and ship mates mentioning her death didn't help either. But hey, I went to the gym, lifted some weights, dealt with some real life business and came back. She was out of my head and I moved on. Easy.


*End of Spoilers*

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1408

Haha, should've figured I'd catch a little flack for the way I dealt with Mordin. As far as Wrex, in my defense, when he shows up on the Citadel and pulls his shotgun, it's basically you or him. Pretty sure if you don't pull the trigger C-Sec will. Although as Robert pointed out, being such a giant dick does explain parts of the ending a little bit, haha.

SPOILER videos (not mine)

what basically happened between me and Mordin



what basically happened between me and Wrex



Yeah, I put myself through that first time playing through and after the ending I haven't gotten around to being a good guy yet.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

DarkNinjaa
Level

Join date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5422

TheJonty wrote:

SPOILER videos (not mine)

what basically happened between me and Mordin






Hard to watch.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

_noctis_
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5





Leaked DLC Script: http://ferretbrain.com/...les/article-853

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Robert A
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2032

[quote]_noctis_ wrote:
Leaked DLC Script: http://ferretbrain.com/...cle-853[/quote]

First,

Congratulations on managing to get me excited, and then just remind me of how badly I fell for this game/shitty ending on only your second post.

Really, that was pretty damn good.

For a follow up, I am pretty sure there is no actual Santa, but I like Christmas anyway...have at it.

On the note of "endings" for ME3:

This is a fanfiction ending generator that doesn't really suck and pretty much drives home how Bioware was either going for shitty or the team there just has some very different ideas of what makes a good ending than I do.

http://shannon.users.sonic.net...

Regards,

Robert A

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

TheJonty
Level

Join date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1408

Robert A wrote:
_noctis_ wrote:
Leaked DLC Script: http://ferretbrain.com/...les/article-853


First,

Congratulations on managing to get me excited, and then just remind me of how badly I fell for this game/shitty ending on only your second post.

Really, that was pretty damn good.

For a follow up, I am pretty sure there is no actual Santa, but I like Christmas anyway...have at it.

On the note of "endings" for ME3:

This is a fanfiction ending generator that doesn't really suck and pretty much drives home how Bioware was either going for shitty or the team there just has some very different ideas of what makes a good ending than I do.

http://shannon.users.sonic.net...

Regards,

Robert A


noctis' link didn't work for me, but the videos made me laugh.

That fanfiction ending generator almost me had me tearing up as I read it. Then I remembered it's not what actually happened and I'm still stuck with this shitty fucking ending until the DLC shows up. Trying to keep my hopes in check but it's hard. Still haven't started a second campaign playthrough.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

_noctis_
Level

Join date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5

[quote]Robert A wrote:
[quote]_noctis_ wrote:
Leaked DLC Script: http://ferretbrain.com/...cle-853[/quote]

First,

Congratulations on managing to get me excited, and then just remind me of how badly I fell for this game/shitty ending on only your second post.

Really, that was pretty damn good.

For a follow up, I am pretty sure there is no actual Santa, but I like Christmas anyway...have at it.

On the note of "endings" for ME3:

This is a fanfiction ending generator that doesn't really suck and pretty much drives home how Bioware was either going for shitty or the team there just has some very different ideas of what makes a good ending than I do.

http://shannon.users.sonic.net...

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Yeh, sorry about that.

I pretty much had the same reaction.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report