Building High-Performance Muscle™
Get a Life
 
Gun Love Thread
1 2 Next Last
 

pat
Level 3

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 16799

In light of all the talk and debate about guns, I thought I would start a gun love thread with pics.
Guns you own, or are planning to buy. Not cannons or gatling guns or ridiculous stuff, stuff you own or are planning to buy in the next 12 months.

I haven't been a gun owner but am planning to purchase this year. My wife and I frequent the gun range trying out different ones and figuring out which ones we like the best. Right now my heart is really into the .357 Magnum. I really like the weight and control of this gun. I also like the simplicity of a revolver and the inherent accuracy, so I think I have decided on that.

What's your favorites that you own or are planning to own? I know some of you guys have arsenals...

  Report
 

Nards
Level

Join date: Jan 2006
Location:
Posts: 10747

I was in the Canadian army and got to fire lots of beautiful, sexy guns...my favorite being the FN Minimi (it's not a character from the Austin Powers movies) as well as rocket launchers like the Carl (or is it Karl?) Gustav...which when I got to fire it I wondered why the wall that I got to fire it from behind was covered with green stucco...then I found out that when it fires it combusts so much that it sucks the wind, and snot, from out of you. Quite the thing.

To cut to the chase though ...I don't think anyone needs an asault rifle for home defense or anything else.

  Report
 

Hell-Billy
Level

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 701

Nards wrote:
I was in the Canadian army and got to fire lots of beautiful, sexy guns...my favorite being the FN Minimi (it's not a character from the Austin Powers movies) as well as rocket launchers like the Carl (or is it Karl?) Gustav...which when I got to fire it I wondered why the wall that I got to fire it from behind was covered with green stucco...then I found out that when it fires it combusts so much that it sucks the wind, and snot, from out of you. Quite the thing.

To cut to the chase though ...I don't think anyone needs an asault rifle for home defense or anything else.




Automatic rifles are illegal in the U.S.(with the exception of ones manufactured pre-1986 even then they are incredibly rare and require a $200 tax stamp and $200 transfer fee, registration and extensive background check). What the media calls assault rifles are semi-automatic rifles with cosmetic features that make them appear like there military counterparts. Many people use AR15 for home defense due to being able to hold more rounds in a magazine than a shotguns feeding tube(home invasions typically are performed by multiple criminals), And having more powerful rounds than a handgun, as well as the lack of recoil that makes it easier for women and younger shooters to use, the 16" barrel of a AR15 carbine makes it easier to navigate from room to room than many shotguns.

  Report
 

pushharder
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2005
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 36643

I just bought these two: a S & W SD 40 VE and a Remington 870 tactical.

(BTW, V is NOT for Vendetta)

  Report
 

paulwhite959
Level

Join date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 487

Given the current political climate and realities, is it a good idea to publicly state what/how much you have and what you're planning to buy?

  Report
 

pat
Level 3

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 16799

paulwhite959 wrote:
Given the current political climate and realities, is it a good idea to publicly state what/how much you have and what you're planning to buy?



It's legal, I don't see the problem.

  Report
 

Aggv
Level

Join date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 1583

pat wrote:
paulwhite959 wrote:
Given the current political climate and realities, is it a good idea to publicly state what/how much you have and what you're planning to buy?



It's legal, I don't see the problem.


for now...

  Report
 

comus3
Level 1

Join date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 314

I'm heading to the SHOT show monday in Las Vegas. Given recent events, it should be interesting.

  Report
 

Alpha F
Level 4

Join date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 3167

If you bought your weapon with a background check, "they" already know who you are, where you are and what you have.

  Report
 

waldo21212
Level 3

Join date: May 2008
Location:
Posts: 1598

I don't see it ever getting to the point where they come for what you already legally own. If we do get to that point, well, hopefully I'm no longer around.

As far as gun love, I'm planning on getting my CCW permit soon, so I'll be in the market for a .380 or 9 mm "pocket pistol" such as the Tarus TCP, Ruger LCP, or Kel-Tec.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above? I already own a S&W Sigma 9 mm, so I do like the ability to use the same ammo between the 2 guns if I go the 9 mm over the .380 route.

  Report
 

dclarkjr
Level 3

Join date: Sep 2003
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 30

"From my cold dead hands". Own a S & W 40 cal, Winchester Model 70 30-06, Remington 870 SP, Marlin 45-70. Plan to purchase AR-15 very soon.

  Report
 

paulwhite959
Level

Join date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 487

Jealous of the 45-70. One of those has been on my list for YEARS but something always happens--recently it was a 300 dollar medical bill for the baby and a 600 dollar car repair (unrelated!).

  Report
 

waldo21212
Level 3

Join date: May 2008
Location:
Posts: 1598

dclarkjr wrote:
"From my cold dead hands". Own a S & W 40 cal, Winchester Model 70 30-06, Remington 870 SP, Marlin 45-70. Plan to purchase AR-15 very soon.


Good luck getting an AR-15, I've read that they are near impossible to get now and are going for 2x MSRP from private sellers.

  Report
 

four60
Level 1

Join date: May 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 7327

waldo21212 wrote:
dclarkjr wrote:
"From my cold dead hands". Own a S & W 40 cal, Winchester Model 70 30-06, Remington 870 SP, Marlin 45-70. Plan to purchase AR-15 very soon.


Good luck getting an AR-15, I've read that they are near impossible to get now and are going for 2x MSRP from private sellers.


No. But it is a sellers market.

If you have problems buying local from Dealers (which I always say buy local) go online to Impact guns and have notify your local FFL.

  Report
 

sufiandy
Level 1

Join date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 2774

Aggv wrote:
pat wrote:
paulwhite959 wrote:
Given the current political climate and realities, is it a good idea to publicly state what/how much you have and what you're planning to buy?



It's legal, I don't see the problem.


for now...


All it means is if you run across some guy named Patrick (if that's his real name) from Georgia (if that's his real state) then he may or may not be carrying a gun mentioned in this thread.

  Report
 

silverblood
Level

Join date: Sep 2003
Location: South Carolina, USA
Posts: 1105

I'm looking at the Rossi Puma lever action 454 Casull with the 20" barrel and the 444 Marlin lever action with the 22" barrel. anybody had any experience with these guns? I know the reputation of the 444 for reliability but I like the idea of a 454 in case I decide to get the pistol.

  Report
 

paulwhite959
Level

Join date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 487

I can't say I see a real advantage to that over something like the 30-30 or the 45-70. Ammo's pricey, it will still kick pretty hard, etc.

  Report
 

Jackie_Jacked
Level

Join date: Jul 2012
Location:
Posts: 728

Agree with Four60, above. Try local first. Last Tuesday, I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm from Scheels and they still had AR-15's there. Their prices are also less than online too, or at least for the few that I had my eye on. Plus, background check and two days later, in hand. No waiting for weeks on end. Mind you, I went back last night to look for an ammo box and much of their stock had been sold so it's going fast. They're still there but I wouldn't wait for too long.

  Report
 

orion
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2005
Location: Austria
Posts: 24399

Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Agree with Four60, above. Try local first. Last Tuesday, I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm from Scheels and they still had AR-15's there. Their prices are also less than online too, or at least for the few that I had my eye on. Plus, background check and two days later, in hand. No waiting for weeks on end. Mind you, I went back last night to look for an ammo box and much of their stock had been sold so it's going fast. They're still there but I wouldn't wait for too long.


I am very interested in the Beretta because according to Austrian gun law that is actually a pistol.

Yeah, I know.

How does it feel?

I am weird that way, a gun has to feel just right.

  Report
 

pushharder
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2005
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 36643

Jackie_Jacked wrote:

...Plus, background check and two days later, in hand...



WTF, you have to wait TWO DAYS to take possession of a new weapon? Really? What state do you live in?

It takes me all of 10 minutes in MT.

  Report
 

four60
Level 1

Join date: May 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 7327

pushharder wrote:
Jackie_Jacked wrote:

...Plus, background check and two days later, in hand...



WTF, you have to wait TWO DAYS to take possession of a new weapon? Really? What state do you live in?

It takes me all of 10 minutes in MT.


HA!

It takes a week in MD and I had to be classified as a collector by the State to avoid the one purchase every 30 days rule.

  Report
 

johnnytang24
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1130

waldo21212 wrote:
I don't see it ever getting to the point where they come for what you already legally own. If we do get to that point, well, hopefully I'm no longer around.

As far as gun love, I'm planning on getting my CCW permit soon, so I'll be in the market for a .380 or 9 mm "pocket pistol" such as the Tarus TCP, Ruger LCP, or Kel-Tec.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above? I already own a S&W Sigma 9 mm, so I do like the ability to use the same ammo between the 2 guns if I go the 9 mm over the .380 route.


Check out the CZ-82. It uses the 9x18 Mak which is somewhere between a .380 and 9mm. Surplus ammo is cheap. You can also get the CZ-83. Same gun in .380. They're both 12+1 double stack. If you want a more compact, there is the P64, which is a 9x18 single stack.

I really wanted to like Kel-Tec but the P3AT I have experience with failed (cracked frame), and was never reliable, even after sending it back.

  Report
 

johnnytang24
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1130

My next purchase will be an AR-15 and AK-47 (AK-74?) before they get banned.

What I'd really like to do is figure out how to finish 80% receivers.

  Report
 

pushharder
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2005
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 36643

  Report
 

Hell-Billy
Level

Join date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 701

My last purchase was a Gen 4 Glock 26 i got from a pawnshop for $499 new. Nice little gun, much easier to carry than my XD .45. My only complaint is that my little finger hangs off the grip, which ive ordered a pearce grip extension to fix.

  Report
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next Last