The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Get a Life
 
CT's Trap Bar
 

super saiyan
Level 2

Join date: Apr 2004
Location:
Posts: 4882

The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

biggjames
Level 4

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 1048

pushharder wrote:
biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
I too have tapped the plate capacity for my trap bar. I need extensions (ha!) or a new bar.

I can only get 6 plates per side and thus 585+ land is unexplored.



There is a thing called 100# plates. You could purchase those if you feel that your testes have dropped enough to use them.



Or I could just swing by and borrow some of yours for awhile.



I do have 4. Plus, this really cool bar that will hold 1500 pounds, it is called a power bar. If you stop by we could arrange a deadlift session.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

DoubleDuce
Level 5

Join date: Jul 2008
Location:
Posts: 12620

I actually don't care about the awards and stuff Indigo uses get as much as the attention. There was a day when guys like CT participated in the forums. Now that is the exclusive territory of the Live Spills geared specifically for Indigo peeps.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

roybot
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 6701

super saiyan wrote:
The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.


Progress pic..

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

pushharder
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2005
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 37597

biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
I too have tapped the plate capacity for my trap bar. I need extensions (ha!) or a new bar.

I can only get 6 plates per side and thus 585+ land is unexplored.



There is a thing called 100# plates. You could purchase those if you feel that your testes have dropped enough to use them.



Or I could just swing by and borrow some of yours for awhile.



I do have 4. Plus, this really cool bar that will hold 1500 pounds, it is called a power bar. If you stop by we could arrange a deadlift session.


I tried. I PMed you awhile back when I was in Missoula (I think you're there now, right?) and never heard back from you.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

andy1977
Level 4

Join date: Jun 2009
Location:
Posts: 107

Since the bar is probably high quality, I'm guessing it won't be cheap, but free shipping on something that heavy sounds good.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

timbofirstblood
Level 1

Join date: Oct 2005
Location:
Posts: 1016

Jewbacca wrote:
Bambi wrote:
I want to be a Biotest customer but shipping costs to Blighty are almost as expensive as the products themselves :(


An Arab Sheik was admitted to the hospital for heart surgery, but
prior to the surgery, the doctors needed to store his blood in case the need arises.

As the gentleman had a rare type of blood, it couldn't be found locally. Finally a Scot was located who had a similar blood type.

The Scot willingly donated his blood for the Arab.

After the surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman as appreciation for giving his blood, a new BMW, diamonds & US dollars.

A couple of days later, once again, the Arab had to go through a corrective surgery. His doctor telephoned the Scotsman who was more than happy to donate his blood again.


After the second surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman a thankyou card & a jar
of candies.

The Scotsman was shocked that the Arab this time did not reciprocate his kind gesture as he had anticipated.

He phoned the Arab & asked
him: "I thought you would be generous again, that you would give me a BMW, diamonds &money... But you only gave me a thank-you card & a jar of candies."

To this the Arab replied: "Aye, but I now have Scottish blood in me veins."


What did the Scottish guy say at the football game?









"Get that quarterback!!"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

biggjames
Level 4

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 1048

pushharder wrote:
biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
I too have tapped the plate capacity for my trap bar. I need extensions (ha!) or a new bar.

I can only get 6 plates per side and thus 585+ land is unexplored.



There is a thing called 100# plates. You could purchase those if you feel that your testes have dropped enough to use them.



Or I could just swing by and borrow some of yours for awhile.



I do have 4. Plus, this really cool bar that will hold 1500 pounds, it is called a power bar. If you stop by we could arrange a deadlift session.


I tried. I PMed you awhile back when I was in Missoula (I think you're there now, right?) and never heard back from you.


Sorry, I may have not gotten it. I do live in Ronan on HWY 93.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

pushharder
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2005
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 37597

biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
biggjames wrote:
pushharder wrote:
I too have tapped the plate capacity for my trap bar. I need extensions (ha!) or a new bar.

I can only get 6 plates per side and thus 585+ land is unexplored.



There is a thing called 100# plates. You could purchase those if you feel that your testes have dropped enough to use them.



Or I could just swing by and borrow some of yours for awhile.



I do have 4. Plus, this really cool bar that will hold 1500 pounds, it is called a power bar. If you stop by we could arrange a deadlift session.


I tried. I PMed you awhile back when I was in Missoula (I think you're there now, right?) and never heard back from you.


Sorry, I may have not gotten it. I do live in Ronan on HWY 93.



Well good golly, Miss Molly, I knew you used to be in Ronan but thought you'd moved to Msla. Am through Ronan a bunch every year. Will stop and steal your hundred pounders ASAP.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

scj119
Level 4

Join date: Aug 2010
Location: District of Columbia, USA
Posts: 4868

super saiyan wrote:
The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.


How many years later? And I still laughed.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

super saiyan
Level 2

Join date: Apr 2004
Location:
Posts: 4882

scj119 wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.


How many years later? And I still laughed.


One of the top 5 T-Nation threads of all time. I wonder what happened to that guy.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

scj119
Level 4

Join date: Aug 2010
Location: District of Columbia, USA
Posts: 4868

super saiyan wrote:
scj119 wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.


How many years later? And I still laughed.


One of the top 5 T-Nation threads of all time. I wonder what happened to that guy.


I bet you $5 he changed his username and kept posting all this time

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

UtahLama
Level 10

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 6765

super saiyan wrote:
The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.



Winning.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

UtahLama
Level 10

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 6765

DoubleDuce wrote:
I actually don't care about the awards and stuff Indigo uses get as much as the attention. There was a day when guys like CT participated in the forums. Now that is the exclusive territory of the Live Spills geared specifically for Indigo peeps.



And a big ol' +1 for this.....


I have spent many thousands of dollars (not complaining, all top quality stuff) on Biotest supps but since I elected not to jump on the Indigo bandwagon, and forgo the inevitable migraine caused by trying to follow the LiveSpills....CT be gone from the rest of the site.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

scj119
Level 4

Join date: Aug 2010
Location: District of Columbia, USA
Posts: 4868

UtahLama wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
I actually don't care about the awards and stuff Indigo uses get as much as the attention. There was a day when guys like CT participated in the forums. Now that is the exclusive territory of the Live Spills geared specifically for Indigo peeps.



And a big ol' +1 for this.....


I have spent many thousands of dollars (not complaining, all top quality stuff) on Biotest supps but since I elected not to jump on the Indigo bandwagon, and forgo the inevitable migraine caused by trying to follow the LiveSpills....CT be gone from the rest of the site.


+ 2

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

pat
Level 3

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 17548

Chris Shugart wrote:
The trap bar you see in the videos was an early custom prototype. This pic shows the newest one: The Dead-Squat Bar.

And yes, TNation will likely be selling this sometime this year.


How about putting some real weight on there....

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

pat
Level 3

Join date: Oct 2002
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 17548

roybot wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
The box that the bars are shipped in should display a SrJoker stamp of approval. That would make them completely legit.


Progress pic..


Missed a spot :)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

cally
Level 5

Join date: Jul 2003
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 753

I did the Indigo-3G and never received any freebies. It seems its only those who spend hours and hours on the livespills that get freebies. Just dont have time for that. Though I do follow the spills and enjoy them after work. Just no time to put in during the day and post. That seems to be the key. It is the same handful of individuals who get stuff anyway. Gotta be in the clique I guess. I will give credit to many of those people as they have shown great results since Indigo-3G was released. Oh well, wont stop me from ordering and promoting Biotest products. The quality speaks for itself.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

StateOfPsychosis
Level 5

Join date: Aug 2008
Location:
Posts: 566

cally wrote:
I did the Indigo-3G and never received any freebies. It seems its only those who spend hours and hours on the livespills that get freebies. Just dont have time for that. Though I do follow the spills and enjoy them after work. Just no time to put in during the day and post. That seems to be the key. It is the same handful of individuals who get stuff anyway. Gotta be in the clique I guess. I will give credit to many of those people as they have shown great results since Indigo-3G was released. Oh well, wont stop me from ordering and promoting Biotest products. The quality speaks for itself.


I honestly don't know how some people have the time to participate in the livespills as much as they do. I skim them just for new ideas and info. It almost seems as the novelty of the daily spills is being milked, but hey gotta roll with it.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 5364

Too much group think in the live spill. Only one way to do things. Its not really a discussion at all. Its more like statments of what has to be done.

Bar looks sweet. Maybe i can save up enough through Bday and xmas gifts to add it to my home gym collection. I love trap bar deads to save on my screwed up lower back.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

boatguy
Level 3

Join date: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1317

Chris Shugart wrote:
13 Prowlers have been given away so far this year and free Brain Candy 4-packs are sent out regularly as well. And dozens received Anaconda and MAG-10 to try out before it was sold at the store. Two free Boot Camps were given, where we paid for hotel, flights, and a $2000 dinner for participants. That's just scratching the surface.


Uh, apparently I have been hanging out in the wrong parts of the site...when were all these giveaways? The two camps were for Indigo, I know, but when were the Prowlers given away? Is there someplace we are supposed to be watching for these announcements?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

usmccds423
Level 5

Join date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9088

Any update on the sale of the bar?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

briansays
Level 100

Join date: Jun 2011
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 704

boatguy wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
13 Prowlers have been given away so far this year and free Brain Candy 4-packs are sent out regularly as well. And dozens received Anaconda and MAG-10 to try out before it was sold at the store. Two free Boot Camps were given, where we paid for hotel, flights, and a $2000 dinner for participants. That's just scratching the surface.


Uh, apparently I have been hanging out in the wrong parts of the site...when were all these giveaways? The two camps were for Indigo, I know, but when were the Prowlers given away? Is there someplace we are supposed to be watching for these announcements?


The Prowlers were given away to the Indigo folks who went to the Bootcamps and a few others got one too. The other stuff is reward/opportunity for participating in the Indigo Project

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Gerrard08
Level 5

Join date: Nov 2011
Location:
Posts: 102

Bambi wrote:
I want to be a Biotest customer but shipping costs to Blighty are almost as expensive as the products themselves :(



There is a UK based Distributor now, so no excuses, pretty easy to find on the net :-)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

i_am_ketosis
Level 4

Join date: Jul 2012
Location:
Posts: 372

That bar looks pretty dope. Very nice welds and metal fab all around.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report