The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Supplements and Nutrition
 
Fast Food Question
 

bigmac73nh
Level 4

Join date: May 2011
Posts: 2798

facko wrote:
It's time you get used to the fact that this just seems to be the general consensus around here. Orthorexic eating behaviors and severe adversion to certain foods...it's pretty nonsensical to me.

I remember back when with the whole cheeseburger shit: Basically..the no matter what I say all you hear is cheeseburger. Well, now it's the same shit for me..just replace cheeseburger with poptarts.


Severe aversion to certain foods "because they aren't good for you" is pretty silly. Avoiding things like dairy/gluten/avenin makes sense for some.

You aren't one of them, judging by your physique. It's a lot more relevant to people that start out FAT and are holding a lot of weight that isn't lean mass of some sort. I started building my physique as a fatty, and while I can get away with eating whatever I want some of the time because I actually have half a clue what I'm doing now, if I lapse into a 'wheat all the time' mentality it does show in a bad way.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Gl;itch.e
Level 1

Join date: Jul 2005
Posts: 886

theBird wrote:
I dont think having 2-3 cheat meals every week is ideal.

I had KFC for a meal yesterday, when I eat at my parents (once a week) Ill eat whatever is being served. Ill have KFC again this week and probably go out for dinner once or twice. I have icecream most nights and skittles after workouts. I am losing fat.

You on the other hand just need fuel for your games. Eat.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

theBird
Level

Join date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4557

Looks like birdy has opened a can of worms. I only heard of the term orthorexia this week. So looks like most people agree that aslong as your burning a whole lot of energy you can eat just about anything you want. I must admit it does make me feel better when I am eating the right foods and delivering the right nutrients without overloading my system with trans-fats, high level of salt etc etc. I do wonder if it does make much difference to recovery and long term performance etc etc.

Chris Colluci- No offense intended, but Im serious when I say whenever I read your name I think of you as a cartoon character. I think it would be cool if we can get IronDwarf to draw up an animated picture of you, preferably with an evil moustache. You can be my new evil nemesis. By the way, my "bird character" has brought hope and inspiration to many around the world

On a side note(sorry about the long rant), pissing off the cook is the last thing you want to do in any restraunt. Not a smart thing to do. Why? Use your imagination.

*tweet*

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

No, it is actually quite hilarious to make the guy come out to see what the fuck is going on.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

XanderBuilt
Level

Join date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2199

theBird wrote:
So looks like most people agree that aslong as your burning a whole lot of energy you can eat just about anything you want.


lol, wut?

*toot toot*

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5651

I know when i had hockey practice for 2+ hrs a day and lifted weights 5 times a week and had dry land conditioning 3-4 times a week for 1hr that i ended every night with 1-2 quarts of full fat ice cream with a ton of chocolate syrup. I had 1-2 cans of pop a day. I recently guessed my amounts i had eaten and roudning down avergaed my calories i was getting in at least 7000k cal (rounding down on everything) and not gaining a lb. High energy output makes you able to eat less than perfect and normally means you will have to unless you want to wither away/ have poor performance at practice/game/or lifting or you want to screw up your bodies hormaones ect because you are going into starvation mode or the like because of not enough nutrients.

Lol at prancing in a meadow.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

XanderBuilt
Level

Join date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2199

ryanbCXG wrote:
I know when i had hockey practice for 2+ hrs a day and lifted weights 5 times a week and had dry land conditioning 3-4 times a week for 1hr that i ended every night with 1-2 quarts of full fat ice cream with a ton of chocolate syrup. I had 1-2 cans of pop a day. I recently guessed my amounts i had eaten and roudning down avergaed my calories i was getting in at least 7000k cal (rounding down on everything) and not gaining a lb. High energy output makes you able to eat less than perfect and normally means you will have to unless you want to wither away/ have poor performance at practice/game/or lifting or you want to screw up your bodies hormaones ect because you are going into starvation mode or the like because of not enough nutrients.

Lol at prancing in a meadow.


I dare say *tweet tweet* is not active anywhere near as much as your above personal experience. :)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

theBird
Level

Join date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4557

XanderBuilt wrote:
I dare say *tweet tweet* is not active anywhere near as much as your above personal experience. :)


Watch out!

*tweet*

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bigmac73nh
Level 4

Join date: May 2011
Posts: 2798

theBird wrote:
On a side note(sorry about the long rant), pissing off the cook is the last thing you want to do in any restraunt. Not a smart thing to do. Why? Use your imagination.


There's a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff. The former is pretty entertaining for them, the latter is where your food starts getting fucked with.

I've rolled through the McDonalds drive-thru and ordered 8+ McDoubles a few times in recent history, and each time I just got laughs once the person working the drive-thru window realized I was the only one in the car lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

theBird
Level

Join date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4557

bigmac73nh wrote:
There's a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff...


Yer , I realise that. I was just making the point as I remember one occasion when my buddy insulted a waiter at a restraunt (not on purpose, but by accident by making a joke about the indian cricket team to the waiter who was indian), and we then had a 20 minute discussion about if we should actually eat the food when it arrives.

And so you can eat 8 burgers in one sitting? Thats unreal. Ive done 4 burgers, large shake, fries and an apple pie before, but 8 burgers?!!


*tweet*

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

bigmac73nh
Level 4

Join date: May 2011
Posts: 2798

theBird wrote:
bigmac73nh wrote:
There's a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff...


Yer , I realise that. I was just making the point as I remember one occasion when my buddy insulted a waiter at a restraunt (not on purpose, but by accident by making a joke about the indian cricket team to the waiter who was indian), and we then had a 20 minute discussion about if we should actually eat the food when it arrives.

And so you can eat 8 burgers in one sitting? Thats unreal. Ive done 4 burgers, large shake, fries and an apple pie before, but 8 burgers?!!


*tweet*


If I have a shake early on in the meal, I'm screwed haha. I never have trouble putting them down at the end of a meal, but they kill my burger game if I lead off with them. But yeah, I'm pretty much a bottomless pit for double cheeseburgers.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

bigmac73nh wrote:
theBird wrote:
On a side note(sorry about the long rant), pissing off the cook is the last thing you want to do in any restraunt. Not a smart thing to do. Why? Use your imagination.


There's a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff. The former is pretty entertaining for them, the latter is where your food starts getting fucked with.

I've rolled through the McDonalds drive-thru and ordered 8+ McDoubles a few times in recent history, and each time I just got laughs once the person working the drive-thru window realized I was the only one in the car lol.



It's a test of manhood. Wimps need not apply. I have been amazed by the amounts of food a football player could eat in one sitting. I wish I had powers like that.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ds1973
Level 4

Join date: May 2009
Posts: 1024

theBird wrote:
Looks like birdy has opened a can of worms.


This is exactly what you birds should be eating. LOL at prancing around a field.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

theBird
Level

Join date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4557

ds1973 wrote:
LOL at prancing around a field.


Yeah. I suppose "prancing around the field" is hilarious.

Ha ha.



*tweet*

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report