The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Supplements and Nutrition
 
Brain Function Boosters 4.0
 

Grimlorn
Level

Join date: Jul 2011
Posts: 473

AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5639

Thanks for the info on DMAE and the size portion. I just realized how much DMAE i have so 1g is no problem to do as a serving. Thats just raw weight

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

AquaCruzer
Level 2

Join date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2792

Grimlorn wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.


I figured spreading it out would be best. The experimentation makes taking noops more fun haha.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

golder
Level

Join date: Feb 2010
Posts: 70

Acetyl L carnitine in the new BrainCandy. Anyone know if this is a worthwhile supplement for noots?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lambchop4life
Level 2

Join date: Aug 2010
Posts: 51

Does anyone else have expiration dates on their noops? my ani and oxi from an american source has a one year date while my ns from the smart guy does not?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lambchop4life
Level 2

Join date: Aug 2010
Posts: 51

Grimlorn wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.


I've read BBB article on MN he said you don't need to cycle off. Are we talking about the the same BBB here?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

duddy wrote:
I recently remembered (pun) that I have a tub of citicoline aka CDP choline and decided to switch out this for the DMAE I've been taking for a good year or more. And I am glad that I did. Head is more clear, less fog, and and I have less anxiety than normal (have always battled anxiety). I am more focused and can tollerate a bit more caffeine while taking prami (this would usually cause extreme anxiety and borderline manic). The cost is a bit higher, but dosing 500-750mg/day compared to to 2,100mg/day of DMAE the difference in price is still there, but not as much as I first thought.

If you are taking DMAE and experiencing a sort of caffeine-like feeling, try changing to a different choline source. As I found that it is hard to concentrate. My two favorite choline sources are CDP and A-GPC.


I'm not sure but I might be the same as far as anxiety goes. It's subtle though. I'm thinking about lowering my Neurostim dose to 1 cap twice a day from the 2 caps twice a day that I'm doing now. When I tried going to 6 total caps it certainly didn't help, even though i'm unsure if there was an increase in anxiety.
Being that my MN order which includes standalone Ani should arrive any day now, this should be an interesting experiment.

I also found a good use for my prami to take as a pre workout supplement.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

Since we were talking about l-theanine and it causing anxiety instead of relaxation in some, it got me thinking:
could high tea intake have a similar effect?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

duddy
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2008
Posts: 378

L-Dee wrote:
Since we were talking about l-theanine and it causing anxiety instead of relaxation in some, it got me thinking:
could high tea intake have a similar effect?


Absolutely. Drink a really strong matcha green tea and get back to me! Or taking green tea extract at a higher dose does it for me too.

I do love taking my noops with a regular green tea though.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MAF14
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2528

Any one like or notice differences between tyrosine and acetyl l tyrosine?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

MAF14,

How's your battle with thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue going?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

Well I think piracetam is losing its effectiveness. I read about this on a forum, how for some it loses its effectiveness after a couple of weeks.
I also switched by choline source from bitartrate to citrate but no real positive difference. I also seem to have some increased brain fog here and there, I don't know if its because of the citrate, or because I stopped taking Wellbutrin.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Grimlorn
Level

Join date: Jul 2011
Posts: 473

lambchop4life wrote:
Grimlorn wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.


I've read BBB article on MN he said you don't need to cycle off. Are we talking about the the same BBB here?

Pretty sure he said in this very thread that he cycles between different nootropics. That doesn't mean you should cycle off of nootropics completely.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MAF14
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2528

L-Dee wrote:
MAF14,

How's your battle with thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue going?


Eh. Not good. Still no energy and just got over that 330-430 crash a few mins ago BBBBUUUUUTTTT I should have a bunch of goodies waiting for me when I get home today! So excited.

-Ginkgo
-Niacinmide
-Adrenal Glandulars
-Ashwagandha
-Ginger Root
-Methylcobalamin (B12)
-Siberian Ginseng
-P5P
-B5
-Licorice

...and I think that's it lol. Pira was a bust for me too. Hopefully when these take full effect the nootropics will have noticeable effects.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

Grimlorn wrote:
lambchop4life wrote:
Grimlorn wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.


I've read BBB article on MN he said you don't need to cycle off. Are we talking about the the same BBB here?

Pretty sure he said in this very thread that he cycles between different nootropics. That doesn't mean you should cycle off of nootropics completely.


From what I've gathered:
some can and should be kept as stables i.e. no need to cycle them. This was mentioned in the article. Those noops would be the ingredients in the NS stack for example.

Certain other noops should be cycled. Noops used for e.g. their stimulant properties should be cycled to avoid developing a tolerance.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

lambchop4life
Level 2

Join date: Aug 2010
Posts: 51

L-Dee wrote:
Grimlorn wrote:
lambchop4life wrote:
Grimlorn wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.


I've read BBB article on MN he said you don't need to cycle off. Are we talking about the the same BBB here?

Pretty sure he said in this very thread that he cycles between different nootropics. That doesn't mean you should cycle off of nootropics completely.


From what I've gathered:
some can and should be kept as stables i.e. no need to cycle them. This was mentioned in the article. Those noops would be the ingredients in the NS stack for example.

Certain other noops should be cycled. Noops used for e.g. their stimulant properties should be cycled to avoid developing a tolerance.


I think we all should jump to the MN forum so we can get a real answer to What the smart guy said, because that is where he is hanging why not hear it from the horses mouth.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MattyG35
Level

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3416

lambchop4life wrote:
I think we all should jump to the MN forum so we can get a real answer to What the smart guy said, because that is where he is hanging why not hear it from the horses mouth.


Didn't even know about it, just registered.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

strangemeadow
Level 100

Join date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1030

MAF14 wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
MAF14,

How's your battle with thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue going?


Eh. Not good. Still no energy and just got over that 330-430 crash a few mins ago BBBBUUUUUTTTT I should have a bunch of goodies waiting for me when I get home today! So excited.

-Ginkgo
-Niacinmide
-Adrenal Glandulars
-Ashwagandha
-Ginger Root
-Methylcobalamin (B12)
-Siberian Ginseng
-P5P
-B5
-Licorice

...and I think that's it lol. Pira was a bust for me too. Hopefully when these take full effect the nootropics will have noticeable effects.


Dude, have you tried AdreneVive?
And seriously large vit C doseage?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MAF14
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2528

strangemeadow wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
MAF14,

How's your battle with thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue going?


Eh. Not good. Still no energy and just got over that 330-430 crash a few mins ago BBBBUUUUUTTTT I should have a bunch of goodies waiting for me when I get home today! So excited.

-Ginkgo
-Niacinmide
-Adrenal Glandulars
-Ashwagandha
-Ginger Root
-Methylcobalamin (B12)
-Siberian Ginseng
-P5P
-B5
-Licorice

...and I think that's it lol. Pira was a bust for me too. Hopefully when these take full effect the nootropics will have noticeable effects.


Dude, have you tried AdreneVive?
And seriously large vit C doseage?


Vit C has been about 5g per day for a while now. I'll look up the other one, thanks.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

MAF14 wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
MAF14,

How's your battle with thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue going?


Eh. Not good. Still no energy and just got over that 330-430 crash a few mins ago BBBBUUUUUTTTT I should have a bunch of goodies waiting for me when I get home today! So excited.

-Ginkgo
-Niacinmide
-Adrenal Glandulars
-Ashwagandha
-Ginger Root
-Methylcobalamin (B12)
-Siberian Ginseng
-P5P
-B5
-Licorice

...and I think that's it lol. Pira was a bust for me too. Hopefully when these take full effect the nootropics will have noticeable effects.


Wow that's quite a batch!
I'm adding calcium to take with my pira after having read about it, we'll see what happens.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

L-Dee
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2003
Posts: 571

lambchop4life wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
Grimlorn wrote:
lambchop4life wrote:
Grimlorn wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
AquaCruzer wrote:
Has anyone experimented with taking on large dose as opposed to taking smaller doses throughout the day? For example, taking 30 mg of vinpo at once vs. taking three 10 mg doses of vinpo.


30mg Vinpo is not a big dose at all. That's the typical dose I usually take 1 or 2 times a day. And maybe 3 in rare occasions...


I wasn't aware of that. I'm more curious about any differences in taking, in your case, say 60 mg of vinpo in one go vs. taking 30 mg twice.

It's usually better to spread it out to 2 to 3 doses a day. If you want to up the doses of certain nootropics, there's not a lot of info out there. It seems to affect people differently, so you may have to experiment on your own.

Also BBB recommends cycling different nootropics since the effects tend to diminish over time and so you don't have to keep on upping the doses costing more money.


I've read BBB article on MN he said you don't need to cycle off. Are we talking about the the same BBB here?

Pretty sure he said in this very thread that he cycles between different nootropics. That doesn't mean you should cycle off of nootropics completely.


From what I've gathered:
some can and should be kept as stables i.e. no need to cycle them. This was mentioned in the article. Those noops would be the ingredients in the NS stack for example.

Certain other noops should be cycled. Noops used for e.g. their stimulant properties should be cycled to avoid developing a tolerance.


I think we all should jump to the MN forum so we can get a real answer to What the smart guy said, because that is where he is hanging why not hear it from the horses mouth.


I wholeheartedly agree.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

strangemeadow
Level 100

Join date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1030

MAF14 wrote:
strangemeadow wrote:
MAF14 wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
MAF14,

How's your battle with thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue going?


Eh. Not good. Still no energy and just got over that 330-430 crash a few mins ago BBBBUUUUUTTTT I should have a bunch of goodies waiting for me when I get home today! So excited.

-Ginkgo
-Niacinmide
-Adrenal Glandulars
-Ashwagandha
-Ginger Root
-Methylcobalamin (B12)
-Siberian Ginseng
-P5P
-B5
-Licorice

...and I think that's it lol. Pira was a bust for me too. Hopefully when these take full effect the nootropics will have noticeable effects.


Dude, have you tried AdreneVive?
And seriously large vit C doseage?


Vit C has been about 5g per day for a while now. I'll look up the other one, thanks.


Maybe even double that vit C dose, gradually. Until your bowels can't tolerate it, then back it down a little. For real.
The AdreneVive has helped me out, got if from a compounding pharmacy.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MAF14
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2528

strangemeadow wrote:
Maybe even double that vit C dose, gradually. Until your bowels can't tolerate it, then back it down a little. For real.
The AdreneVive has helped me out, got if from a compounding pharmacy.


Was it cheaper buying from a compounding pharmacy?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MAF14
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2528

Anyone using Dual n Back?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

MattyG35
Level

Join date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3416

MAF14 wrote:
Anyone using Dual n Back?


I've used it here and there. I would like to use it more consistently, but I'm pressed for time right now. 2 more weeks, and then I'll be using it regularly.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report