Join date: Mar 2010
I'll come back and update with photos and more info later.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic crushed
* 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
Fry gently for 2-3 minutes until the onions go clear, then add:-
* 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
* 1 tube tomato puree (between 150g - 200g)
* 3 tablespoons Twin Sugar brown sugar ( brown sugar subsitute )
* 1/4 tea spoon blackstrap molasses
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon dry English mustard
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* ground black pepper to taste
Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes with the lid on.