The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
T-Cell Alpha
 
Dieting Strategy
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

DJHT wrote:
We all have obsessive personalities you have to be to continue this. I was just wondering that since you have been on this goal of weight loss if it would become obsessive in itself.

I've just discovered for myself that now I am almost 40 I can never gain again or "bulk". This last one is almost killing me to drop the weight.



I honestly didn't have much problem dropping the weight. My biggest issue was in doubting whether what I was doing was the right way to do it.

I don't plan on ever getting as heavy as I have been in the past as far as body fat but will definitely work on gaining again.

And yes, I can be obsessive but my overall goal of being huge and ripped takes precedence.

I am having a difficult time even eating like I was previously on cheat days because I am now more focused on whether my gut is growing with it...and I am VERY glad I didn't fall into that earlier on because it would have held back progress.

I needed that time of working on all out mass to get here.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

thoughts1053
Level 5

Join date: Apr 2008
Posts: 742

Can't post in your Indigo log, but I'm looking forward to following it. Also, chicken wings aren't junk food, especially buffalo wings, lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

The Mighty Stu
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9864

thoughts1053 wrote:
Also, chicken wings aren't junk food, especially buffalo wings, lol.


Yeah, I think Berardi wrote about that.. some win-flux theory or something.

S

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

The Mighty Stu wrote:
thoughts1053 wrote:
Also, chicken wings aren't junk food, especially buffalo wings, lol.


Yeah, I think Berardi wrote about that.. some win-flux theory or something.

S



LOL

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

countingbeans
Level 2

Join date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20735

So I have to ask.

You wrote in the I3G log you were around 2000 cals a day estimated...

I've been tracking my cals for two weeks now, staying around 3,500, but go over a couple of days.

My question: How are you not hulk smashing everyone around you at 2,000 cals? Days I stay at 2,800 I want to murder the general populous.

(I might just be a pussy though.)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

countingbeans wrote:
So I have to ask.

You wrote in the I3G log you were around 2000 cals a day estimated...

I've been tracking my cals for two weeks now, staying around 3,500, but go over a couple of days.

My question: How are you not hulk smashing everyone around you at 2,000 cals? Days I stay at 2,800 I want to murder the general populous.

(I might just be a pussy though.)



Man, I wrote a long response to this yesterday and it apparently didn't go through.

Either way, trust me, I had issues. Your diet plays a major role in your mental well being as well as physical. I also made a pretty drastic drop in body fat rather quickly and even adjusting to that can be tricky. I mean, I have to buy new underwear now and none of my pants fit well unless I just bought them.

The following things helped:

-taking 1-2 days a week to eat whatever I wanted...but that soon led to not being much because my appetite is pretty fragile at times (thus why I took the approach I did to gaining in the first place).

-remembering that vegetables and fiber are way more important than many think when dropping calories and carbs like that.

-Having people around me pushing me and giving that positive reinforcement throughout.

But yeah, there were some rough days.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

SteelyD
Level 4

Join date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12079

I would think that your left leg alone needs 2000 cals a day just so it wouldn't atrophy and shrivel up like a prune.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Lonnie123
Level 5

Join date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6235

Yeah, 2000 cals is massively low for a guy your size... But if you were sprinkling in days of high cals I could see it working. Seems like you basically stumbled upon a carb/calorie cycling approach that worked for you.

You're really one of the 5-6 guys that I am following closely on the indigo logs/their own threads.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

Lonnie123 wrote:
Yeah, 2000 cals is massively low for a guy your size... But if you were sprinkling in days of high cals I could see it working. Seems like you basically stumbled upon a carb/calorie cycling approach that worked for you.

You're really one of the 5-6 guys that I am following closely on the indigo logs/their own threads.



LOL. Yeah, I doubt it would have worked the same trying to go the entire time eating like that.

Thanks man.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

JCDeigh
Level 2

Join date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55

This is pretty much what I've been doing for the past 5 months--no strength loss, no substantial muscle loss (if any) and overall the heaviest/hardest combination I've ever had. I'm obviously not coming down from where you're at, but I was always in the 240s before starting to diet, and after 5 months--I'm still 212.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

SteelyD
Level 4

Join date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12079

PX -

You still drinking good old fashioned "whey" protein shakes, or have you been able to complete move away from whey with MAG-10 + food (or other)?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

SteelyD wrote:
PX -

You still drinking good old fashioned "whey" protein shakes, or have you been able to complete move away from whey with MAG-10 + food (or other)?




Nope. I don't drink any other protein source at the moment but the MAG-10.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Short Hoss
Level

Join date: Jun 2008
Posts: 817

I feel your pain, X. I've been cutting and being at mid 170s boggles my mind, especially being over 200 at one point.

At least I'm not the skinny 150 or even 170 when you wear telling me to eat a "damn burger", LOL.

Keep it up, X.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

Finally got that "quad overhang".

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Maiden3.16
Level 3

Join date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2411

You posted this in another thread..

?you don't know what my plans are (or especially what they were before the accident). You don't know what shows (if any) I was setting my sites on?


What show (if any) were you setting your sights on? Planning on doing a show in the future after you are fully recovered?

How have you worked around your injuries lately?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Professor X
Level 5

Join date: Oct 2002
Posts: 51898

Maiden3.16 wrote:
You posted this in another thread..

?you don't know what my plans are (or especially what they were before the accident). You don't know what shows (if any) I was setting my sites on?


What show (if any) were you setting your sights on? Planning on doing a show in the future after you are fully recovered?

How have you worked around your injuries lately?



I've mentioned before that I don't even like discussing this unless my name is actually on a list somewhere of competitors signed up to walk on stage. Yes, I was making considerations for something. The accident likely threw me off by a year. I was exactly where I needed to be last November to do something in summer if I decided to go there. My progress was better than I had experienced before.

Now I have to rebuild back to that. Either way, I make no claims right now especially with the injuries. My shoulder is doing better, but my back is often in so much pain I either can't train or I need a prescription to get through the workout. I am back to gaining now and am filling back out to where I was. I just hate the set back. The shape I was in the day before that accident was the best shape I had been in for my entire life.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Nards
Level

Join date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10987

DJHT wrote:
We all have obsessive personalities you have to be to continue this. I was just wondering that since you have been on this goal of weight loss if it would become obsessive in itself.

I've just discovered for myself that now I am almost 40 I can never gain again or "bulk". This last one is almost killing me to drop the weight.


You and me both.

I am cutting now, and it's going slow. In my 20s i'd lose 10 to 15lbs by May every year just because the snow was gone. Now here in Taiwan it's basically summer all year round and I've been at 255 for a couple of years (when I did my last bulk).

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

detazathoth
Level 3

Join date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5499

Update?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
First Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11