The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Training Logs
 
Ryan's Log
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

Right after stretching delts during yesterdays workout.

Arm so small must fix

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

Pre bed after my carbs and what not. This is what 650g of carbs does to you. This 4hrs post workout just felxed no pump. Facking lighting sucks more veins were showing. Need MOAR

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

spar4tee
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10224

Sweet brah. You look like you lift. Certainly not a dud.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

J Moose
Level 100

Join date: Nov 2009
Posts: 291

Damn dude. 650g carbs. Thats some serious eating. Is that about average for you? Or on the higher side?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

Spar: if your being srs I appreciate it.

Moose: yes 600 is about avg. Although I will be bumping that up to 700 to follow the CBL book a bit closer to what it says. See where that takes things. Also I will be keeping this much lower in fat than I used to. I would all too often eat way to much nut butter and what not and have my fat too high at this time which really doesn?t do CBL much good IMO

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

jake_j_m
Level

Join date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3329

Arms/delts looking sweet dude! Pretty impressed.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

Thanks Jake. Delts are one of my stronger points and proportionally stronger than my chest for pressing strength considering my orangutang arms

5/3/2012 Quads/Abs

Trap Bar dead Work sets 305x5 325x5 375x5 415x5 430x5x1 4x1

Front squat: work sets 215x3x8 1x7 185x10 175x10 (continuous tension)

TBD: 305x17 (continuous tension)

BSS: 70x4x6

Walking lunge: 60x10,9

Leg press: 14x3x10+4 17x9 ds 14x8 ds 11x10 ds 9x10 (all CT except the set at 17

Leg extension: 150x27, 170x17, 190x15, 210x11 ds 150x6+4

Extreme stretch

Elyptical 15-20 hard 45-40 sec easy hang leg raise to failure/kneeling crunch failure 6 rounds

25min walk cool down stretch

Very strong workout. Love leg days. They really test what you are made of. Reps or weight going up in most exercises thats all i can ask for is an increase in somethign each workout considering the volume. I cant up everythign every workout every week.

At 750g of carbs last night. Was easy. Could do more but will stick around this because da book tells me too. Also ate 300g of pro in this time. Fat was mostly incidentals but still up at 75. Getting really prepared to move so packing and moving boxes today. Back training as well. SPlit into two workouts because of the moving thing. So posting will be hard the next couple days until somethign start getting unpacked at the new house

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

gregron
Level 4

Join date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13490

That arm/shoulder shot is sick!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

hastalles
Level 1

Join date: May 2010
Posts: 1426

Holy shit, looking pretty big dude.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

Thanks greg and hastalles. Looks worse in person. I very lanky. Long long limbs. It was a flattering pic. Thats why i posted it :)

5/4/2012 Back/Bi

Scheudle today was crazy

9-11 pack and move boxes

1220-245 first workout (include 30min driving and warmup)

330-430 Unload trailer

550-650 workout 2

So becuase of the crazies of today I split the workout up. Fun stuff. both were great

1st

Pullups: bw x 8, +15x8, +25x8, +35x8 +45x7, +55x5+1 ds +35x6, ds bw x 6

BB row: work sets 275x4x11 225x2x10 each set preceded by mini band straight arm pulldown

DB row: 100x2x10 (dead stop squeeze!!) 1x26 not dead stop lol

Lean back overhand pulldown (1 squeeze for most reps): 132x12,11,11,11 108 (1 1/2 rep) x 8

Seated neutral row: 180x12,12,11,11

Weighted hang 70x70sec

Rope hammer curl/KB bottoms up curl: 80/16x4x12/m

Incline curl: 25x8+3+3+3

What an amzing workout. The sequence was great. The back pump was nutz. Top to bottom swollen what an amazing feeling. Then following that up with the weighted hang. YES!! The pump was just plain stupid amazing today

2cd workout

Pullups/light band row to chest (squeeze 1-2 sec for both): Bw/light x 3x6-7/8

Front lever parital tuck hold 5 max holds

Meadows row/BBrow: 3 sets 15/8 (old school)

Straight old school T bar row***: 2 sets 15 reps

Straight BB curl: 95x10 +4+3+3+3+3+3+3+3

Great second workout. It was done in my basement. workout equipment has not been moved yet. That is tomorrow with the rest of the large items in the house. So i got to do some stuff i cant do in my gym. The meadows row and BB row is done old schoool. BB just in the corner of the basement. The straight bar idea i stole from Kroc in his log. I put a straight bar normally used for a seated row and put it through the neutral grip attachment to make a makeshift straight bar. Used it to hit the upper back a bit more. Like it. A bit awkward so used for lighter weight and a squeeze. Any way back workout was amazing. Hit from every angle imanginable and lots of squeezeing (insert joke)

Food will be amaizng tongiht 700-800g carbs anyone?

Also if anyone is every intersested in food porn i can snap some pics but only will if there is intrest

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

georgeh707
Level

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 151

ryanbCXG wrote:
Thanks greg and hastalles. Looks worse in person. I very lanky. Long long limbs. It was a flattering pic. Thats why i posted it :)

5/4/2012 Back/Bi

Scheudle today was crazy

9-11 pack and move boxes

1220-245 first workout (include 30min driving and warmup)

330-430 Unload trailer

550-650 workout 2

So becuase of the crazies of today I split the workout up. Fun stuff. both were great

1st

Pullups: bw x 8, +15x8, +25x8, +35x8 +45x7, +55x5+1 ds +35x6, ds bw x 6

BB row: work sets 275x4x11 225x2x10 each set preceded by mini band straight arm pulldown

DB row: 100x2x10 (dead stop squeeze!!) 1x26 not dead stop lol

Lean back overhand pulldown (1 squeeze for most reps): 132x12,11,11,11 108 (1 1/2 rep) x 8

Seated neutral row: 180x12,12,11,11

Weighted hang 70x70sec

Rope hammer curl/KB bottoms up curl: 80/16x4x12/m

Incline curl: 25x8+3+3+3

What an amzing workout. The sequence was great. The back pump was nutz. Top to bottom swollen what an amazing feeling. Then following that up with the weighted hang. YES!! The pump was just plain stupid amazing today

2cd workout

Pullups/light band row to chest (squeeze 1-2 sec for both): Bw/light x 3x6-7/8

Front lever parital tuck hold 5 max holds

Meadows row/BBrow: 3 sets 15/8 (old school)

Straight old school T bar row***: 2 sets 15 reps

Straight BB curl: 95x10 +4+3+3+3+3+3+3+3

Great second workout. It was done in my basement. workout equipment has not been moved yet. That is tomorrow with the rest of the large items in the house. So i got to do some stuff i cant do in my gym. The meadows row and BB row is done old schoool. BB just in the corner of the basement. The straight bar idea i stole from Kroc in his log. I put a straight bar normally used for a seated row and put it through the neutral grip attachment to make a makeshift straight bar. Used it to hit the upper back a bit more. Like it. A bit awkward so used for lighter weight and a squeeze. Any way back workout was amazing. Hit from every angle imanginable and lots of squeezeing (insert joke)

Food will be amaizng tongiht 700-800g carbs anyone?

Also if anyone is every intersested in food porn i can snap some pics but only will if there is intrest

Yea man id like some pics to see what to eat on a backload(and see how someone can manage to eat 700g carbs)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

I have two bowls exactly like this. 450g cooked rice plus meat

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

spar4tee
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10224

America's Next Top Chef?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

grapes

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

8.5oz of oatmeal dry measure. Pro powder and cinnamon. Next to it is 1/4 baugettee with FF cream cheese and havarti cheese

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

low fat ice cream. Stuff even has probiotics. Thats why i eat lolz

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

spar4tee wrote:
America's Next Top Chef?


Not quite but i like my cooking so much i dont even like eating in restaurants. And i make lots of "diet" food.

Forgot to take a pic of my quesidilla. Boring anyways. Just FF cream cheese on a tortilla with some ham. (tyring to clean out the fridge for the move tomorrow)

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

spar4tee
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10224

ryanbCXG wrote:
spar4tee wrote:
America's Next Top Chef?


Not quite but i like my cooking so much i dont even like eating in restaurants. And i make lots of "diet" food.

Forgot to take a pic of my quesidilla. Boring anyways. Just FF cream cheese on a tortilla with some ham. (tyring to clean out the fridge for the move tomorrow)

jelly of your food

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

spar4tee wrote:
ryanbCXG wrote:
spar4tee wrote:
America's Next Top Chef?


Not quite but i like my cooking so much i dont even like eating in restaurants. And i make lots of "diet" food.

Forgot to take a pic of my quesidilla. Boring anyways. Just FF cream cheese on a tortilla with some ham. (tyring to clean out the fridge for the move tomorrow)

jelly of your food


Thanks I have always enjoyed cooking. But i have to say the slow cooker is the way to go. I love grilling and what not but the slow cooker is the best thing on earth. You can make some pretty amazing combinations in that thing. Pretty hard to screw up too

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

spar4tee
Level

Join date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10224

ryanbCXG wrote:
spar4tee wrote:
ryanbCXG wrote:
spar4tee wrote:
America's Next Top Chef?


Not quite but i like my cooking so much i dont even like eating in restaurants. And i make lots of "diet" food.

Forgot to take a pic of my quesidilla. Boring anyways. Just FF cream cheese on a tortilla with some ham. (tyring to clean out the fridge for the move tomorrow)

jelly of your food


Thanks I have always enjoyed cooking. But i have to say the slow cooker is the way to go. I love grilling and what not but the slow cooker is the best thing on earth. You can make some pretty amazing combinations in that thing. Pretty hard to screw up too

I'll be sure to get one for my apartment next semester.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

georgeh707
Level

Join date: Oct 2011
Posts: 151

You eat all that in one backload? wtf thats awesome

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ground control
Level 1

Join date: Mar 2012
Posts: 63

Definitely looking jacked, dude. Can you share more details about your diet?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Spidey22
Level 1

Join date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3925

Going to be upping my carbs as well. I'm getting around 550g right now, going to try and bump that up about 100g, just keep protein at 1g/BW like you do. Will be hoping to get some ideas from you on what to eat.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

George yes that is pretty much the norm. The ice cream sometimes will be something different depending

Ground: specific ?'s i kinda have it detailed through a couple posts but if you have something in mind I will be happy to ansewr

Spidey: I will try to update the eats but i am pretty boring and eat mainly the same stuff :)

Been MIA because of moving to a new house. My god what a job that was/still is. Hauled 4 loads in a smaller trailer over the week. And packed and moved shit for the last two weeks. Sat moved all the big furniture which was 3 hrs of loading and 1 hr of unloading. Then went and hit a great chest workout with a couple buddies that hleped with the move. Then went back home and loaded a nother trailer full ate then unloaded. Ridiculous. Sunday. 2 more trialer loads that i loaded and unloaded then dead lift sesssion. So been crazy ocuple day. Just got internet set back up will try to update the workouts. Suprisily not bad considering all the moving/less sleep/no rest.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

ryanbCXG
Level 5

Join date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5511

5/5/12 Chest/Tri

This is after moving furniture and boxes all day.

Floor press: 135x12, 145x3 155x3 165x3 175x3 185x5 205x5 225x5 245x5 255x5 265x3+1+1 4x1

DB flat press: 100x3x8 1x7 80x1x8

30* incline twist press: 80x3x8 1x7 65x1x 8

15* power fly: 60x4x8 50x1x8 (held strech for 1-2sec)

High to low cable x-over (wrist broke back touch heels of hand together held squeeze for 1-2 sec on most reps. 20-30sec rest: 60x10,10,10,10,9,9,8,8,7

Extreme strech

Presdown/Dip: 156/bw x 10/15, 156/+45 x 10/10,10/10, 9/10, 9/10

Reverse pressdown/Pressdown: 3 sets 15-20/10-15

Had to get back and load another trailer. Then unload that trailer as well at the new house

5/6/12

Loaded and hauled 2 more trailer loads to day then went in to DL

Deadlift: 135x10 185x8, 225x6, 245x4, 265x3, 275x3, 295x5, 315x5, 365x5, 385x5, 405x2x5, 3 + 2+2+2+2+1+1

RDL: 315x3x10 1x9 275x8, 245x8

TB dead stop RDL: 235x5x8 (explosive)

Hamstring curl (1 sec hold/CT): 80x15/10, 110x 10/8, 130x8/6 ( forced stretch after each set)

Had to get back and do some more moving so not quite as much as I wanted to do. Really like the Trap bar dead stops. Felt great and great explosion. Going to keep working on these. Did some shrugs as well after some of my reps at 405. Clusters felt good. Went until I felt my back starting to round too much.

5/7/12 Arms/Rear delts

Moving boxes around in the new house all day.

Dips: bw x 15, +25x10, +50x8, +60x6, +80x4x10 1x9, +65x10 +65x10 ds +30x8, bw x 8

Ez curl: +30x10, +50x10, +75x2x10 2x9 1x8 ds +50x9 +30x9

Rope press down apart/DB alt curl: 108/45 x 9/11, 9/10, 9/10, 8/9

Low incline ez extension /DB cross body curl (1 sec squeeze): +50/30x 14/8, 14/8, 13/8

Rope overhead cable ext/ DB preacher (held at stretch): 108/30: 10/8, 9/8, 9/8, 9/8, 8/8

V bar overhead extension/reverse pressdown/pressdown/KB bottoms up curl/bottoms up hammer/bottoms up cross body: 3 times through then strech

Rear delt swing/rear delt machine fly: 45/90 x 45/13, 40/12, 37/12, 36/12

Rear delt machin fly: 120x 10+5+4+4+4+4+3+3+3

Elyptical spring and abs. 8 round 15-20sec sprint 45-40 sec easy ab superset to failure

Great workout dips are progressing along slowly but I like it. Huge painful pump. Love it.

Off day today which suck. I hate. But one day to recover and then gonna keep killing this weeks worouts. Working weight volume is at its peak this week. So it?s the intense week. Next week working volume goes down then the week after weights go up and repeat.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report